The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dabrafenib is working!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Dabrafenib is working!!

Participant

After cardiac surgery in Sept I went on Dabrafenib. Then added Mekinist. I could not tolerate the Mekinist so I went back to just Dabrafenib.  Been on it 8 wks .  

Today my onc said it was so clear I was responding and he was thrilled. I even have a patch of vitiligo which he said they have seen with dabrafenib or could be the Ipi I finished a year ago or a combo of dab and the anti pd1 doses I had, who knows? Anyway, just thrilled and thankful to God!

Amy

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Amy,

I am so happy for you. Have you had scans that show shrinking tumors or tumors that are gone?

God Bless

killmel
          Participant

Amy,

I am so happy for you. Have you had scans that show shrinking tumors or tumors that are gone?

God Bless

awillett1991
              Participant

My scans show stable tumors in heart and brain. LDH has dropped from 300s to 101 and the rest of my bloodwork was very good. 

awillett1991
                Participant

My scans show stable tumors in heart and brain. LDH has dropped from 300s to 101 and the rest of my bloodwork was very good. 

awillett1991
                  Participant

killmel
                  Participant

Amy,

God Bless

cep3700
                    Participant

So happy for you!!!! Such great news! Your strength is amazing, Congrats!

Maureen038
                        Participant

That's such wonderful news Amy!!

maureen

Maureen038
                          Participant

maureen

Maureen038
                            Participant

maureen

cep3700
                            Participant

cep3700
                              Participant

POW
                                Participant

That's absoutely fantastic news, Amy! Good for you! I was disappointed when you had to get off the MEK but it looks like you're responding just fine to the dabrafenib alone, which some people do. Keep eating healthfully and get a little exercise and maybe your immune system will now be able to kick mel's butt!

POW
                                  Participant

That's absoutely fantastic news, Amy! Good for you! I was disappointed when you had to get off the MEK but it looks like you're responding just fine to the dabrafenib alone, which some people do. Keep eating healthfully and get a little exercise and maybe your immune system will now be able to kick mel's butt!

POW
                                    Participant

BrianP
                                      Participant

That's awesome Amy!

So let me get this straight.  You have Mek, Dab, Ipi, and pd1 swimming around that blood of yours.  No wonder that melanoma is crying uncle!  Nice work.

Brian

BrianP
                                        Participant

That's awesome Amy!

So let me get this straight.  You have Mek, Dab, Ipi, and pd1 swimming around that blood of yours.  No wonder that melanoma is crying uncle!  Nice work.

Brian

BrianP
                                          Participant

That's awesome Amy!

Brian

tasjacques
                                            Participant

Amy so happy for you!!! You go girl!!! So many treatments and to see somethin working is great. The vitiligo is something that happens with PD 1 (My husband has it as a respond to PD 1), I don't know if the other treatments also has that side effect …. but it does not matter which one is causing it as long as YOU ARE RESPONDING YEY

Elenise

NYKaren
                                                Participant

AMY, I am so thrilled for you! 

That's our motto—never give up!

Just out of curiousity (because I'll hopefully be on it too soon), how bad and what were the side effects of the Menkinist?

xoxo,

Karen

NYKaren
                                                  Participant

Just out of curiousity (because I'll hopefully be on it too soon), how bad and what were the side effects of the Menkinist?

xoxo,

Karen

NYKaren
                                                    Participant

xoxo,

Karen

awillett1991
                                                      Participant

Karen – my side effects were really bad, I was in the hospital for two days, but this is  not common. I am BRAF v600D so maybe that's why, I don't know. I had a fever of 102.8, delirium, mouth sores, wasn't eating, severe chills, anemia, and slept all the time.  It was a little scary. 

Amy

awillett1991
                                                        Participant

Karen – my side effects were really bad, I was in the hospital for two days, but this is  not common. I am BRAF v600D so maybe that's why, I don't know. I had a fever of 102.8, delirium, mouth sores, wasn't eating, severe chills, anemia, and slept all the time.  It was a little scary. 

Amy

awillett1991
                                                          Participant

Amy

NYKaren
                                                            Participant

Thanks, Amy. Yes, that does sound bad. There's nothing quite like waking up in the hospital with no idea how you got there. 

Thinking of you,

karen

NYKaren
                                                              Participant

Thanks, Amy. Yes, that does sound bad. There's nothing quite like waking up in the hospital with no idea how you got there. 

Thinking of you,

karen

NYKaren
                                                                Participant

Thinking of you,

karen

tasjacques
                                                                Participant

Amy so happy for you!!! You go girl!!! So many treatments and to see somethin working is great. The vitiligo is something that happens with PD 1 (My husband has it as a respond to PD 1), I don't know if the other treatments also has that side effect …. but it does not matter which one is causing it as long as YOU ARE RESPONDING YEY

Elenise

tasjacques
                                                                  Participant

Elenise

aldakota22
                                                                    Participant

Thank God for the good news.Keep that PMA .You will Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                                                                      Participant

aldakota22
                                                                        Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics