The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CT Scan & Update

Forums General Melanoma Community CT Scan & Update

Participant

Hi All…just an update on what I'm doing…

Hi All…just an update on what I'm doing…

Last Friday I was doing a PET scan, was in the machine and 30 minutes go by and I'm crying in pain, it's my back right where the #4 rib is, digging in my back. I can't do it and beg the guy to let me out, he does. They want to sedate me but I don't have a driver..oh well I say, catch me next time. I go do my left arm ultra sound, no problems. Monday I do a CT scan (no problems) results are back and I now have 2 new lesions on my chest wall right next to my #4 rib….flash forward after seeing onco & surgeron…they want to do day surgery  on Aug. 31. So surgery is set to remove the 2 new lesions on my left chest wall and the lump under my left arm…then we look at Ipi….geez…scar count is 27 and holding…..so thats the latest with me. love to all, Sharon in Reno Stage IV

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lori C
        Participant

I'm so sorry you were in such awful pain – and there alone.  And that you are facing another surgery.  Please know you are in my prayers and on the 31st Will is to be getting chemo and so I'll be praying a lot that day anyway and you will be a big topic!

I hope the ipi does the trick for you and gets a lot of this crap to just go away.

Rebecca and Bob
          Participant

Sharon,

Sorry your going through this, sending prayers that the surgery goes well.  I hope you get on IPI soon to take care of the rest. You deserve a break from this disease.

JenM
            Participant

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the update, I have been thinking about you.  Wish the news was better but you are such a fighter I know that you will kick this thing right back to where it belongs…hell!  Will be praying for you and sending you good vibes.  You are such an inspiration to people on this board and I really appreciate it.

God bless.

Regards,

Jen

Jackie W
              Participant

I'm sorry the news wasn't better.  Hopefully, the surgery will get rid of those suckers and the ipi will do the tricki.

Jackie W

washoegal
                Participant

Can't believe your growing more…Son of a Gun!  So Sorry.  Hope they can get you on Ipi soonest that's gotta do the trick.  You inspire so many people.  Keep up the positive attitude.

Mary

ValinMtl
                  Participant

Sharon, so sorry to hear about the new lesions….let's get that surgery done and then on to ipi.  Love your tough positive attitude, it helps me when I'm feeling down. Hope to get mine under control real soon with either ipi or daniciclib trial whichever arrives first. Val Stage IV

jag
                    Participant

Sharon, you are definitely one of my favorite people here.  Don't you dare give up or get down about this.  We definitely need you around more than you need us.

God Bless and Prayers

John 

Vermont_Donna
                        Participant

Hi Sharon,

So sorry to hear this news….but dont we KNOW our bodies better than any machine??? We have these feelings and spots and things we somehow know are bothering us and then its melanoma….at least we are finding them!!! Even when machines dont!!!! or cant!!!!

Love to you,

Donna

Sherron
                        Participant

So sorry Sharon for your recent scans…But you are such a fighter, keep keeping on.  You and Amy Busby are such wonderful examples for all of us here.  Thinking of your and praying the surgery goes well.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

lhaley
                          Participant

Sharon,

I'm so sorry your scans showed new progression.  However, you it sounds like your Drs. are ready to get rid of some of the tumor burden so that ippi can do its job!!  Hope the surgery has you feeling better quickly.

Linda

JoanR
                            Participant

That's miserable news Sharon, you would think that Mel would get the hint and take off and stay away. Be thankful you are at least getting scans etc, and they are on top of things..wouldn't happen in Canada….

Good luck with the surgery…Cheers Joan

King
                              Participant

Sharon,

Thanks for keeping us updated.  I'm so sorry to hear the news though.  Thank goodness your team believes in surgery even when there is more than one area of recurrence.  Is the Ipi available for you?  One step at a time.  You are one tough warrior.

Stay Strong
                                King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

babybluiz
                                Participant

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts and prayers are with at this time. Please let me know if there is any thing I can do. Stay strong.

JuleFL
                                  Participant
                                    Prayers going out to you, our favorite “cheerleader”. Glad you have doctors who stay on top of things and cut the beast out wherever it rears its ugly face. You’ve brought a smile to my face on many occasions with your wit. Hoping for some relief for you.
                                    Kim K
                                    Participant

Damn that sucks!  Tell them to put a zipper in this time.  I hope you don't get stuck with a chest tube this go around.  It doesn't seem like it from what you are saying.  Hope IPI works for you and slows the Ba$trd down once and for all…  Stay strong.

KK

Janet2
                                      Participant

Hi Sharon,

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such awful pain and that your CT scan revealed you have two new lesions on your chest wall. I hope your surgery goes well on 31st August and will be praying for you, as well as thinking of you.

Best wishes, Janet 

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics