The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CT scan done

Forums General Melanoma Community CT scan done

Participant

Had CT done, wasn't the most fun that Ive had HAHA!

I see my oncologist next friday 09/21. I hate that I have to wait that long to talk about the scans but I'm sure they are all fine. Thanks for being here for me guys as always! Love y'all!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Johnjk04
        Participant

Wishing the best for you Savannah. It's a long, time consuming process to get rid of the melanoma. May our God continue to bless you.

MelanomaMike
          Participant
            Sister Savannah! Im right behind you with the CT Scan! I go this Monday (9/17/18)!!! When you say you didnt have fun, is it cuz your claustrophobic? I sure am, not for CT’s their a piece of cake, PET’s & MRI’s i have to take a bunch of Adavans way before & just before the scan, i hate to say this but iv even backed out on a few, thats how bad my thing is, its embarresing & its to important to be messin around & i know this, i need to be BOPPED over the head & drug in there…Mike
              Savymoo23
              Participant

Hi Mike, 

I think it’s mostly from the contrast injection in the IV. Made me feel ill all weekend. Luckily I’m feeling much better! ♥️

SABKLYN
              Participant

Great to get those out of the way.  I’ve had close to 20 and hearing the good news each time, as I have thus far, makes the pre-scan anxiety worth it…..almost!

Hi Savannah,

I've had some CT related "issues" related to the wonderful "drink" required for the scan.  The scan techs gave me some great advice to help relieve some of the issues and it really helped me.  The other thing I've had with CT scans is severe IV pain when they put in the contrast dye.  Speaking to the IV nurse and refusing to let them put the IV in my wrist/hand has really helped.  The waiting can be the worst.  I hope your scans are clear.  Good wishes to you.

Jennifer

MelanomaMike
                  Participant
                    Hi Jen! Good morning! Back when i first started my Melanoma journey or Battle if you will, i use to always get weirded out about the “Hand/Wrist” placement of IV’s because ya hear stories of severe bruising or what not, thank god ever since i havnt had a problem cuz i guess the “upper portion” of the hand is the main stay for most IV’s..it does weird me out though, i have a “back up” Rope of a vein in my right arm right in the “ditch” (as i call it) or the bend, Old Faithfull i call him…my nurses have been great so, im fortunet..
              Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics