The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Creatine fuels Tcells

Forums General Melanoma Community Creatine fuels Tcells

• Replies
      mrhubahuba
      Participant
        Doesn’t appear to be any downside to trying it. Also is a good energy booster along with exercise. I am going to get ok from doctor and give it a shot.
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Very interesting, Brian! Only word of caution I would give is the risk of impact on renal function that improper use of creatine supplements can cause. I’ve had to deal with this in teen athletes/body builders. All the supplements are not created creatine equal!! HA! So if any of you want to try this I would certainly run what and how by my onc! Celeste
            Maureen038
            Participant
              Hi Brian! Great to see you post and Celeste too! Do you still have a rash? What happened with the biopsy? Please keep us posted.
              Maureen
              Bubbles
              Participant
                Yes! How did you stuff and such turn out, Brian???? How’s the hubs, Maureen???? Love and big hugs to you both!!! Celeste
                BrianP
                Participant
                  Hey Maureen!
                  Hope you and Bill are well. As far as the rash goes it’s been inconclusive. The initial biopsy indicated the rash could be due to some type of immune reaction. The first blood work I had also showed a slightly elevated ANA which was also a indication of possible immune irregularity but my extensive follow up blood work was all pretty normal. The rheumatologist suggested taking some type of systemic treatment if I wanted to prevent the occurrence future out breaks but I opted for the topical steriod cream I’ve been using. I’ve gone a few weeks with no rash. It seems to pop up about once a month but it looks a whole lot worse than it feels. One thing of note from my extensive blood work was I had a very low vitamin D. Most of us are probably living vampire like life’s in regards to the sun so I would suggest to anyone to get your vitamin D levels checked if it’s been a while.
                  Brian
                  Maureen038
                  Participant
                    Brian, I’m glad to hear your rash isn’t a big deal. Thanks for the info on vitamin d. I will have Bill check his level. He’s doing well but he had surgery last month and they removed the last part of his big toe due to an infection in the bone. Everything is great now and he’s even played some golf. I’m so happy that you and Celeste are doing well too! Let me know if either of you ever attend a cancer event. It would be wonderful to meet both of you! We’re going to the DC Melanoma gala in two weeks! Take care my friends!
                    Maureen
                    Bubbles
                    Participant
                      Like Maureen, I too am glad you are dealing with nothing more than an aggravation in regard to your rash (though those can get tiresome, too!!!), Brian. Glad Bill is up and at’em, bless him, Maureen!! Yes, getting to meet fellow melanoma peeps in person is lovely and it would be so great to meet you both some day. Enjoy your time in D.C. – love, c
                    MelanomaMike
                    Participant
                      Hi Brian, thanks for the share, i use to drink the powder form of Creatine when i was younger and working out, i believe it moves water into ones muscles to for a healthier hydration, i do know (remember) ya gotta be carefull, it may cause crystals in the ol liver so drinkin lots a water with it is a must! I also believe Creatine is banned in some states to….but, T cells are “also” their for muscle repair….
                  Viewing 2 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics