The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Coughing up blood

Forums General Melanoma Community Coughing up blood

Participant

Good Morning everyone.

Short history… husband diagnosed stage IV 14 months ago, removed turmor and started Opdivo in November and ending treatments in April this year (12 treatments total).  All scans have been clear(thank god).  Since no additional tumors we really dont know if he is a responder to opdivo.  This past weekend he coughed up what looked like a clot mixed with mucus.  Doesnt see his Onc for a couple weeks still and no scans until December and didnt want to go to hospital.  Of course my first thought was a tumor in the lungs.  Any advice?  Im scared.  He's actually feeling better after 6 months of dealing with residual side effects from the Opdivo.. but now this.  Its keeping me awake thinking about this. 

R

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Call his oncologist's office and let them know and take it from there. Could be nothing, but best to let them know as soon as anything new like this happens so they can decide whether it's something that needs looking into further right away or not.

All the best,

jennunicorn
          Participant

Call his oncologist's office and let them know and take it from there. Could be nothing, but best to let them know as soon as anything new like this happens so they can decide whether it's something that needs looking into further right away or not.

All the best,

jennunicorn
            Participant

All the best,

Jubes
              Participant

Definitely call oncologist 

Carole K
                  Participant

Jubes 

You have gotten sound advice.  Call the Oncologist.  Please know I am here for you

Love and Light

Carole K.  NED 5 years 10 months.

Carole K
                    Participant

Jubes 

You have gotten sound advice.  Call the Oncologist.  Please know I am here for you

Love and Light

Carole K
                      Participant

Jubes 

Love and Light

Jubes
                      Participant

Jubes
                        Participant

blessd4x
                          Participant

I called his Onc and she wanted him to go to urgent care asap.  He refused.  His appt with her is this wed.  Im sure she will want to scan him up sooner.  He's also started a problem where when he goes for blood test or gets a cut it takes forever to stop bleeding.  Im sure just another issue we have to conquer. 

thank you all for your advice. 

blessd4x
                            Participant

I called his Onc and she wanted him to go to urgent care asap.  He refused.  His appt with her is this wed.  Im sure she will want to scan him up sooner.  He's also started a problem where when he goes for blood test or gets a cut it takes forever to stop bleeding.  Im sure just another issue we have to conquer. 

blessd4x
                              Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics