The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Compression Socks!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Compression Socks!!

Participant
      Hi family, just checkin in with ya’s, i have something to share wich may be of help to you, for about 4 months or so, since my 1st infusion of the combo (Yetvoy/Opdivo) & as iv told you, extreme pain in knees, left leg & foot swells “most” the time, i did have that very same leg’s Lymphnodes removed (2008), not all but some so, iv had swelling anyways but never my foot till the Combo..
      Anyways, i “Finally” got my butt over for the Compression Sock fitting (passed the buck for like 2 months)and the next day my knees are great! No pain! I know it works for swelling iv used it before back when i had the surgery but, this is amazing! (Knock on wood)…is it a coincidence? That im just having a few good days? Hope not…thought id share…Mike (PS: Tommorow is Opdivo #5, the first without Yervoy…
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Thanks for the share Mike! I have a compression sock for my horrible plantar fasciitis in my foot and helps a ton. Thankfully after surgery my bad knee feels aamaaazing and my other knee is a lot less stressed so also feels a lot better! Pre-surgery I was using kinesiology tape on my knees and that helped them quite a bit too. All the tips help!

betsyl
            Participant

Mike:
              This is a great tip. I'm going to mention it to my husband. He's about to start trying CBD oil, too. Fingers crossed he finds some relief.

Jenn:
              Tip for your plantar fasciitis…Look for a physical therapist or chiropractor who uses the Graston technique. It cured my plantar fasciitis. Since you're in the Bay Area, I can give you the name of my chiro. She's amazing.

Rikke Johansen, Health Logic in Redwood City

Betsy

MelanomaMike
              Participant
                Hi Betsyl, ya please incourage the doctor to size him up for a pair, my leg & foot hasnt been swollen at all since! Plus pain free!..
                I have my bottle of CBD/THC oils cocked and ready, i only use it when im extreme with pains, so far, iv only used it for like a week back after my 1st infuse with Yervoy/Opdivo when i had my (what i call) ” Initation” to the meds, 6 days after i was so messed up! Vomiting, severe pains, no apitite etc..it helped…
                jennunicorn
                Participant

I live in RWC! Thank you so much for that tip Betsy! The physical therapist I am working with for my post surgery knee recovery is also giving me things to help my foot too… since it's on the same side. But, if after all my knee PT is done and my foot still hurts like heck, I'll definitely make an appointment with her. 

Sharon93065
                Participant

I had never heard of that tape before so i googled it.  

Compression socks?  That would help my ankles and knees. I have to be measured for them?  Or OTC? 

WithinMySkin
                  Participant

Glad you're out of pain! My compression stocking is a lifesaver. I had a CLND on the left and ever since, I've had lymphedema in that leg. If I skip a day of wearing it, my leg feels heavy and achy and my ankle and foot swell. I prefer the Jobst brand and you can even find it on Amazon. Now it's just a totally normal section of my underwear drawer!

I wrote about it on my blog https://wp.me/p75LG7-p

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics