The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

completion of Opdivo!!!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community completion of Opdivo!!!!!

Participant
      Today was my son’s last Opdivo treatment!!!! One year of treatment done with minimal side effects, mainly just fatigue but he made it!!!! He had a brain MRI and CT scans of his neck and chest last week, all clean, so he is officially one year NED!!!!! All great news I know, but today I find myself so excited that we are at this point but yet so afraid of the just wait and watch now. After his treatment was done today, and they removed his IV, I could not help it, I started to cry. Ridiculous I know…..but this year has been such a roller coaster of emotions and I know it is far from over…..this road is long.
      My son turned 18 during this last year and started college. It’s been a little rough on him but he did it., and just short time ago this diagnosis would have never allowed that. We are extremely blessed and I am forever grateful.
      So now I am going to try to enjoy the summer as worry free as possible and savor this moment. After all this is a big victory!!!!!

Prayers and love to all!!!!

Kelly 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        SABKLYN
        Participant
          Great news! Congrats!!!
            caman
            Participant
              Now that you have lived through this, you can do anything!. Congrats! Very happy for both you.

Eric

jbronicki
            Participant
              Congratulations to you and your son Kelly! That’s a big win and not ridiculous that you cried, I would have too! So happy for both of you.
              Bubbles
              Participant
                Awwe! I cannot even imagine dealing with this diagnosis in one of my children. You and your son have been incredibly strong in the face of a horrible circumstance! Congratulations!!! I wish you both an amazing summer and many fabulous years to come!!! Celeste
                mandyjill
                Participant
                  So happy for you both! I would definitely cried too if it had been my son.
                  Becky
                  Participant
                    So great Kelly! I know how you feel. My son was going into his senior year of college when diagnosed , had to take a semester off since the first month he was getting infusions daily (interferon) but after that he went back to college, gave himself shots 3 x a week which made him feel like he had the flu and graduated from Berkeley with a double major….such a stressful time ! Especially during scan times…I had such anxiety…In July it will be 10 years…he was (is) one of the lucky ones ! Hang in!
                    MelMel
                    Participant
                      Fantastic news and thank you so much for sharing!!! Hope you both have an amazing summer and many, many, many more.
                      Melanie
                  Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics