The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Clint and Craig 4 MelanomaWA

Forums General Melanoma Community Clint and Craig 4 MelanomaWA

Participant

Hi All, 

Bit of a good news story. Hubby Craig and his mate Clint are doing the Busselton Ironman here in WA in December this year. Craig is currently doing very well on PD1 and Clint (Heal – some of you may know him) founded MelanomaWA here in Perth. Clint is also a stage 4 battler who has been clear for a year or so – previously having had around 35 odd growths surgically removed. Not sure yet whether they are crazy – but they are both certainly very inspiring with the way they have gone about their journey's so far – and this wont be any different. For those who dont know – an Ironman is 3.8km swim, 180km cycle and finishing off with a 42 km run (yes, all in the same day….hopefully!). So this is going to test their strength and endurance on many levels – but I have no doubt they will blitz it.

They featured on our local news (Channel 7) last night and we have also set up a facebook page if any of you on FB would like to join to follow the boys on their journey!

Its called:

Clint and Craig 4 MelanomaWA

Check it out and 'like' or 'share' if you want. The boys want to put a really big emphasis on raising awareness and the profile of Melanoma.

Thanks!

Lisa 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jahendry12
        Participant

Thanks for sharing Lisa – very inspiring. My brother did an Ironman a few years ago & I know how much goes into the training. I will definitely follow their journey on fb.

Go Clint & Craig!!!!

Jahendry12
          Participant

Thanks for sharing Lisa – very inspiring. My brother did an Ironman a few years ago & I know how much goes into the training. I will definitely follow their journey on fb.

Go Clint & Craig!!!!

Lisa – Aust
              Participant

Thanks! It is quite insane to think about what the body and mind can endure! Well done to your brother.

Thanks again for the support 

Lisa

Lisa – Aust
                Participant

Thanks! It is quite insane to think about what the body and mind can endure! Well done to your brother.

Lisa

Lisa – Aust
                  Participant

Lisa

Jahendry12
                  Participant

Go Clint & Craig!!!!

buffcody
                    Participant

This is utterly amazing and amazingly insprting.  The Ironman is a feat at any age but I am interested in how many years these guys have under their belt.  And Stage IV melanoma?  That I share with them but not their courage.  Im proud to have them in my fraternity though and will follow them on their website.

Lisa – Aust
                        Participant

Hi!

The boys are in their early 30s! Craig has a couple more years on Clint. (32 and 30)

Both boys have been dealing with Melanoma for around 7-8 years. Clint has had approx 35 secondaries cut out (combo of superficial and internal) and has managed well with surgery. Craig progressed to stage 4 in Dec 2010 (after being stage 3 since Aug 2007). He did really well on BRAF inhibitor (complete response) until progressing again in Aug 2013 at which point he started Merck PD1 trial – which again he is having a fantastic response to. His 2nd scan (2 weeks ago) showed further reduction on the initial 80% seen after the first scan.

They have both adopted a healthy lifestyle approach – nothing extreme – just looking after themselves (regular juicing/mostly good diet, exercise and stress management).

In 2010, Clint was named WA Young Australian of the Year for all of the amazing work he has done for the promotion of awareness and support for Melanoma in Western Australia – he is a very inspiring young person. 

Thank you so much for your support – please feel free to share with your friendship circles and beyond. 

Lisa 

Lisa – Aust
                          Participant

Hi!

The boys are in their early 30s! Craig has a couple more years on Clint. (32 and 30)

Both boys have been dealing with Melanoma for around 7-8 years. Clint has had approx 35 secondaries cut out (combo of superficial and internal) and has managed well with surgery. Craig progressed to stage 4 in Dec 2010 (after being stage 3 since Aug 2007). He did really well on BRAF inhibitor (complete response) until progressing again in Aug 2013 at which point he started Merck PD1 trial – which again he is having a fantastic response to. His 2nd scan (2 weeks ago) showed further reduction on the initial 80% seen after the first scan.

They have both adopted a healthy lifestyle approach – nothing extreme – just looking after themselves (regular juicing/mostly good diet, exercise and stress management).

In 2010, Clint was named WA Young Australian of the Year for all of the amazing work he has done for the promotion of awareness and support for Melanoma in Western Australia – he is a very inspiring young person. 

Thank you so much for your support – please feel free to share with your friendship circles and beyond. 

Lisa 

Lisa – Aust
                            Participant

Hi!

Lisa 

buffcody
                            Participant

This is utterly amazing and amazingly insprting.  The Ironman is a feat at any age but I am interested in how many years these guys have under their belt.  And Stage IV melanoma?  That I share with them but not their courage.  Im proud to have them in my fraternity though and will follow them on their website.

buffcody
                              Participant

Bubbles
                                Participant

Hey Lisa,

I think what they are doing is more than awesome!! I was going to ask you if I could put the story on my blog…but I can't find a link that works….  May I?  And, any other link I could try?  C

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Hey Lisa,

I think what they are doing is more than awesome!! I was going to ask you if I could put the story on my blog…but I can't find a link that works….  May I?  And, any other link I could try?  C

Lisa – Aust
                                      Participant

Hi Celeste,

Did you mean the story about the boys doing the Ironman?

There is a little blurb about their journey so far and the reason behind doing the Ironman. This can be found at their fundraising page – the link is below. Feel free to post the link to that – not necessarily for donations, but for the story if you like. Otherwise you can use what I wrote above. 

Here is the link…

https://give.everydayhero.com/au/ClintandCraig4MelanomaWA

Did you try and post the url from the FB page? I tried to put it here for you, but I think because I am the admin, I may accidentaly send you the admin page!? If you search FB for it and copy and paste the url – that should work? Otherwise, if on facey, people can just search for:

Craig and Clint 4 MelanomaWA

We are still waiting for the link to the TV coverage – will post it on the fb page when we get it.

Hope you have some options there!

Thanks so much for wanting to share their story!

xx

Lisa – Aust
                                        Participant

Hi Celeste,

There is a little blurb about their journey so far and the reason behind doing the Ironman. This can be found at their fundraising page – the link is below. Feel free to post the link to that – not necessarily for donations, but for the story if you like. Otherwise you can use what I wrote above. 

Here is the link…

Did you try and post the url from the FB page? I tried to put it here for you, but I think because I am the admin, I may accidentaly send you the admin page!? If you search FB for it and copy and paste the url – that should work? Otherwise, if on facey, people can just search for:

We are still waiting for the link to the TV coverage – will post it on the fb page when we get it.

xx

Lisa – Aust
                                          Participant

Hi Celeste,

Here is the link…

xx

Bubbles
                                          Participant

Hey Lisa,

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics