The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Cinical trial:(MDX1105-01) (Anti-PDL1)

Forums General Melanoma Community Cinical trial:(MDX1105-01) (Anti-PDL1)

Participant

Hi Everyone,

Would appreciate your help. I live on the west coast and all the pd-1 trials are on the east coast so I am considering this trial- Unfortunately not able to travel to east coast.

So we are considering this is an open label, multicenter, dose escalation and multidose study of MDX-11-5, a fully human monoclonal IgG4 antibody targeting the Programed Death-Ligand 1 (PD-L1).

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00729664

Hi Everyone,

Would appreciate your help. I live on the west coast and all the pd-1 trials are on the east coast so I am considering this trial- Unfortunately not able to travel to east coast.

So we are considering this is an open label, multicenter, dose escalation and multidose study of MDX-11-5, a fully human monoclonal IgG4 antibody targeting the Programed Death-Ligand 1 (PD-L1).

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00729664

I know that there has been  success with MDX 1106 PD-1.Wondering if this drug is similiar?? Anyone have any feedback on drug MDX1105-01=Anti-PDL1 or this trial.

Thanks so much.

Douglas

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
          killmel
          Participant

Thanks Jim,

I very scientific. Unfortunately, The article did not mention anything about melanoma cancer.

Douglas

jim Breitfeller
            Participant

PD-1 and CTLA-4 combination blockade expands

infiltrating T cells and reduces regulatory T and

myeloid cells within B16 melanoma tumors

http://www.box.net/shared/pupqhy4s1b

Best Regards,

Jimmy B

killmel
              Participant

Thanks again Jim,

Do you know if PDL-1 antibody has been proven to be on Melanona cells. I know that PD-1 has been proven.

MDX 1105 goes after PDL-1 so I do not know if this drug would work for melanoma patients like me?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciatedby anyone.

Douglas

jim Breitfeller
                Participant

Douglas,

Expression of PD-L1 by uveal melanoma cells regulates T-cell function by suppressing IL-2 production. The results imply that the presence of IFN- in the tumor local microenvironment promotes upregulation of PD-L1 expression by uveal melanoma, which may, in part, promote immune escape by impairing T-cell function. The selective blockade of PD-L1 is a potential strategy in T-cell-based immunotherapy for uveal melanoma.

Source: http://www.iovs.org/content/49/6/2518.full.pdf

Wen-Jen Hwu, MD, PhD, is a professor in the department of melanoma medical oncology at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center

"Programmed death 1 (PD-1) and its ligands, PD-L1 and PD-L2, deliver inhibitory signals that regulate the balance between T cell activation, tolerance and immunopathology. In vivo studies have shown B7-1 (CD80) is also a binding partner for PD-L1, and their interactions can lead to bidirectional inhibitory response in T cells.

PD-L1 is expressed on many tumors including melanoma and is a component of the immune suppression by the tumor microenvironment. Phase 1/2 experience of the anti-PD-1 monoclonal antibody, MDX-1106 (Medarex, Ono-4538), in refractory or relapsed malignancies was presented at the 2009 ASCO Annual Meeting. Clinical activity against melanoma was observed and, more importantly, no MDX-1106 related severe adverse events were noted.

In 2009, at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, we participated in a phase 1 study of anti-PD-L1 monoclonal antibody (MDX-1105, Medarex) in refractory metastatic melanoma. MDX-1105 has been tolerated by all patients. Most adverse events were mild and were related to inflammatory responses in the tumors, not immune-related toxicity. Clinical responses were observed at all dose levels (1 mg/kg to 10 mg/kg every 2 weeks). Durable partial responses and stable disease were noted in patients whose disease had progressed after at least one, and as many as five, prior systemic therapies. Based on the low toxicity and impressive clinical activity, a phase 2 study of MDX-1105 in advanced melanoma is warranted.

In summary, the treatment of metastatic melanoma is changing rapidly due to the great success in translational research from bench to bedside. Although such studies, to date, have focused on the treatment of advanced metastatic disease, the approaches of targeting signal transduction pathway, as well as targeting tumor immunity barrier, hold great promise to the development of preventive strategies and personalized therapies in malignant melanoma."

Medarex /BMS

"MDX-1105 (Anti-PD-L1 Antibody)—Cancer. We are developing MDX-1105, a fully human anti-PD-L1 antibody designed to target the PD-L1 pathway to promote enhanced T-cell immune responses against cancer and reverse T-cell inactivation in chronic infectious disease. A multi-dose, dose-escalation Phase 1 trial is expected to enroll up to 46 patients with selected advanced or recurrent solid tumors (including renal cell cancer, melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer or epithelial ovarian cancer) and is designed to establish and evaluate the safety, tolerability and maximum tolerated dose, as well as preliminary pharmacodynamics and efficacy, of MDX-1105."

"We believe that our fully human anti-PD-1 and anti-PD-L1 antibodies represent the next stage in immunotherapy beyond the anti-CTLA-4 antibodies. We look forward to exploring the potential of MDX-1105 as a possible new treatment option for patients with cancer and infectious disease."

The PD-L1 mab from BMY is active in  renal cell carcinoma, NSCLC and ovarian cancer. BMY (MDX 1105) is a human mAbs acts on the PD-L1 pathway to activate T cell immune responses. The product is in Phase II trials. The Phase I data from the anti PD1 mab from BMS was presented at ASCO 2010. The mab was active in melanoma, renal cell carcinoma, prostate, colorectal and NSCLC. The PD1 mab produced durable responses at multiple dose levels in melanoma, RCC and NSCLC. The ADR profile was consistent with an immunomodulatory profile of the drug.
                  jim Breitfeller
                  Participant

Douglas,

Expression of PD-L1 by uveal melanoma cells regulates T-cell function by suppressing IL-2 production. The results imply that the presence of IFN- in the tumor local microenvironment promotes upregulation of PD-L1 expression by uveal melanoma, which may, in part, promote immune escape by impairing T-cell function. The selective blockade of PD-L1 is a potential strategy in T-cell-based immunotherapy for uveal melanoma.

Source: http://www.iovs.org/content/49/6/2518.full.pdf

Wen-Jen Hwu, MD, PhD, is a professor in the department of melanoma medical oncology at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center

"Programmed death 1 (PD-1) and its ligands, PD-L1 and PD-L2, deliver inhibitory signals that regulate the balance between T cell activation, tolerance and immunopathology. In vivo studies have shown B7-1 (CD80) is also a binding partner for PD-L1, and their interactions can lead to bidirectional inhibitory response in T cells.

PD-L1 is expressed on many tumors including melanoma and is a component of the immune suppression by the tumor microenvironment. Phase 1/2 experience of the anti-PD-1 monoclonal antibody, MDX-1106 (Medarex, Ono-4538), in refractory or relapsed malignancies was presented at the 2009 ASCO Annual Meeting. Clinical activity against melanoma was observed and, more importantly, no MDX-1106 related severe adverse events were noted.

In 2009, at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, we participated in a phase 1 study of anti-PD-L1 monoclonal antibody (MDX-1105, Medarex) in refractory metastatic melanoma. MDX-1105 has been tolerated by all patients. Most adverse events were mild and were related to inflammatory responses in the tumors, not immune-related toxicity. Clinical responses were observed at all dose levels (1 mg/kg to 10 mg/kg every 2 weeks). Durable partial responses and stable disease were noted in patients whose disease had progressed after at least one, and as many as five, prior systemic therapies. Based on the low toxicity and impressive clinical activity, a phase 2 study of MDX-1105 in advanced melanoma is warranted.

In summary, the treatment of metastatic melanoma is changing rapidly due to the great success in translational research from bench to bedside. Although such studies, to date, have focused on the treatment of advanced metastatic disease, the approaches of targeting signal transduction pathway, as well as targeting tumor immunity barrier, hold great promise to the development of preventive strategies and personalized therapies in malignant melanoma."

Medarex /BMS

"MDX-1105 (Anti-PD-L1 Antibody)—Cancer. We are developing MDX-1105, a fully human anti-PD-L1 antibody designed to target the PD-L1 pathway to promote enhanced T-cell immune responses against cancer and reverse T-cell inactivation in chronic infectious disease. A multi-dose, dose-escalation Phase 1 trial is expected to enroll up to 46 patients with selected advanced or recurrent solid tumors (including renal cell cancer, melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer or epithelial ovarian cancer) and is designed to establish and evaluate the safety, tolerability and maximum tolerated dose, as well as preliminary pharmacodynamics and efficacy, of MDX-1105."

"We believe that our fully human anti-PD-1 and anti-PD-L1 antibodies represent the next stage in immunotherapy beyond the anti-CTLA-4 antibodies. We look forward to exploring the potential of MDX-1105 as a possible new treatment option for patients with cancer and infectious disease."

The PD-L1 mab from BMY is active in  renal cell carcinoma, NSCLC and ovarian cancer. BMY (MDX 1105) is a human mAbs acts on the PD-L1 pathway to activate T cell immune responses. The product is in Phase II trials. The Phase I data from the anti PD1 mab from BMS was presented at ASCO 2010. The mab was active in melanoma, renal cell carcinoma, prostate, colorectal and NSCLC. The PD1 mab produced durable responses at multiple dose levels in melanoma, RCC and NSCLC. The ADR profile was consistent with an immunomodulatory profile of the drug.
                    Jim in Denver
                    Participant

Douglas,

MDX 1105 has shown higher effacacy than either MDX1106 or MDX010, according to Dr. Hwu (my former Onc).  The number of participants to date is small but very impressive. You could do a lot worse – I would do it if it were available to me.

Best Wishes,

Jim

Terra
                      Participant

This may be a very silly question but why is not available to you – location or eligibility requirements of the study? 

Terra
                        Participant

This may be a very silly question but why is not available to you – location or eligibility requirements of the study? 

Jim in Denver
                          Participant

Douglas,

MDX 1105 has shown higher effacacy than either MDX1106 or MDX010, according to Dr. Hwu (my former Onc).  The number of participants to date is small but very impressive. You could do a lot worse – I would do it if it were available to me.

Best Wishes,

Jim

killmel
                            Participant

Thanks again Jim,

Do you know if PDL-1 antibody has been proven to be on Melanona cells. I know that PD-1 has been proven.

MDX 1105 goes after PDL-1 so I do not know if this drug would work for melanoma patients like me?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciatedby anyone.

Douglas

jim Breitfeller
                              Participant

PD-1 and CTLA-4 combination blockade expands

infiltrating T cells and reduces regulatory T and

myeloid cells within B16 melanoma tumors

http://www.box.net/shared/pupqhy4s1b

Best Regards,

Jimmy B

killmel
                                Participant

Thanks Jim,

I very scientific. Unfortunately, The article did not mention anything about melanoma cancer.

Douglas

Viewing 1 reply thread
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics