The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Chicken skin

Forums General Melanoma Community Chicken skin

Participant
      I have been on Zelboraf since July and am at full dose (8 pills/day). My side effects have varied: hair loss, fatigue, taste changes, headaches, sun sensitivity, joint pain, flu (fevers, chills, etc), intestinal issues, etc. Most come and go; some days better than others.

The one that seems to be getting worse is the “chicken skin”, especially on my face. I’m so bumpy and it’s getting me down. Anyone find anything to help this side effect?

I have a scan Oct 1 to see how well it’s working, so fingers crossed all of these side effects are worthwhile ! 😉

I have been on Zelboraf since July and am at full dose (8 pills/day). My side effects have varied: hair loss, fatigue, taste changes, headaches, sun sensitivity, joint pain, flu (fevers, chills, etc), intestinal issues, etc. Most come and go; some days better than others.

The one that seems to be getting worse is the “chicken skin”, especially on my face. I’m so bumpy and it’s getting me down. Anyone find anything to help this side effect?

I have a scan Oct 1 to see how well it’s working, so fingers crossed all of these side effects are worthwhile ! 😉

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          There is a lotion you can try, my derm said some people have good luck with it. It has 12% Lactic acid (Amlactin or Target has a generic) and it what I use to help control the build up of keratin on my feet. NOT on the face though, too strong. I use vaseline only on my face. I never had the bumps on my face too bad, just everywhere else. It has lessened over time but still there.
          awillett1991
          Participant
            There is a lotion you can try, my derm said some people have good luck with it. It has 12% Lactic acid (Amlactin or Target has a generic) and it what I use to help control the build up of keratin on my feet. NOT on the face though, too strong. I use vaseline only on my face. I never had the bumps on my face too bad, just everywhere else. It has lessened over time but still there.
            awillett1991
            Participant
              Kellie-T
              Participant

I had a similar reaction when I started at 8 pills back in February. It was reduced to six per day. Here is what I use:

Moisturizing Cream  with ceramides and hyaluronic acit (OTC)

Tretinion .05% gel (low dose prescription for acne)

I just posted a recent profile picture as of today. The above has worked wonders for my skin. Wish you all the best.

Kellie

Kellie-T
                Participant

I had a similar reaction when I started at 8 pills back in February. It was reduced to six per day. Here is what I use:

I just posted a recent profile picture as of today. The above has worked wonders for my skin. Wish you all the best.

Kellie

Kellie-T
                  Participant

Kellie

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics