The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CBD oil to relieve side effects – experiences?

Forums General Melanoma Community CBD oil to relieve side effects – experiences?

Participant

After speaking with a few palliative care folks and seeing posts here, I decided to purchase CBD oil to help relieve treatment side effects (Not in lieu of treatment). I bought one you take via mouth (droplet) – and my goal is to help relieve nausea and nerves.  I have been using it in the evening when I start to feel crummy.  

When do others take it? Should I take it in the AM regardless of how I feel then? The recommended dosage on the bottle is 5mg (half the droplet).  I know results vary on anything, but curious for those finding relief.  The usual nausea meds are just not sufficient and I try to avoid Ativan.  Thanks!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        cjm22
        Participant

My husband definitely uses it in the AM (and PM). It makes him feel better for sure. He was a long-time cannabis user before cancer, though.

Sharon93065
          Participant

I believe both am and pm. 

I have heard it is good for joint pain and i keep meaning to buy some.  It seems to be very  helpful amongst alot of arthritis sufferers.

MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Oh yeah, CBD/THC oil helped me through a rough patch there 6 days after my 1st infusion of the combo Ipi & Nivo, no appitite, vomiting, body aches etc. I have the oil drops still cocked & ready if extreme pains come back!!
              mrsaxde
              Participant

CBD oil, just like other cannabis products, works as advertised. However, let me offer this suggestion: If you live in a medical marijuana state see if you can get a medical card and buy your CBD oil there. Why? I read an article in High Times that said that most CBD oil you can buy online or in regular stores or head shops is extracted from industrial hemp and may contain trace elements of harmful cancer causing solvents. The CBD oil I can get at my medical dispensary is made from cannabis and I believe is extracted with ethanol. Plus, you're going to be in safer hands with a state licensed medical dispensary.

Just wanted to share that info.

-Bill

slink12
                Participant

Well, it is actually true. It is a proven fact and i recently read an article on this topic. Visit site if you want to get more information regarding hemp oil and which oil type should be used. 

TheoOwston
                  Participant

I've been taking CBD for pain for several years now the stuff is actually better than what the doctor has prescribed. But instead of getting it from a store I get it online at https://blimburnseeds.com/critical-plus because the prices are much cheaper I'm on a set income

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics