The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bucket LIst: Sailing Under Golden Gate Bridge-CHECK!

Forums General Melanoma Community Bucket LIst: Sailing Under Golden Gate Bridge-CHECK!

Participant

It has been on my bucket list to take my family on a cruise to Alaska.  So 11 of us (2 balconies, 2 inside cabins) took a a 10 day roundtrip cruise from San Francisco to Alaska. The sun had not been out on the previous cruise but t came out for us!  As we were sailing under the Gold Gate Bridge on the top forward deck of the Grand Princess, it was a AH-AH moment!  The sun was out, people  up on the bridge waving down at us, the Captain blasting his horn, cruise director making his announcements-and I am jumping for joy.  Thanking God I was physically able to do this with my family.  I had cashed in my chips (excuse the pun ha) but it was worth it to take my family.  A year ago I did not think I would be here to go with them.  I stayed in bed one day when i caught a little sinus thing, napping and watching tv.  The rest of them time i was on the go with them.  Even saw a mama bear and twin cubs by Mendenhall Glacier, Juneau. 

I am thankful for this forum, and I always quoting to others what I have learned from all of you.  I am at Kaiser, Woodland Hills every two weeks for treatment and monthly for doctor visit.  After over a year of this you start to talk to other patients, suffering from the same monster in all different forms.  I did meet a man who wanted to remain unnamed who was diagnosed over a year ago with the same diseases and he is NED.  Still having Opdivo I think once a month for him now.   And you get to know all the oncology nurses by name.  Such wonderful caring people.  

Again I am as always grateful to hear your reports and your advise.  

Sharon – Simi Valley, CA 

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        TexMelanomex
        Participant

RIGHT ON Sharon!! Awesome and what a great example of warrioring on! 

Casitas1
          Participant
            Yes! Made my day! Best, Paul (Ventura, Ca.)
              happyfeet123
              Participant

These are the memories you will cherish forever.  Check 1 for the bucket list.  As they say Live Large 

Happy Feet 123

Sharon93065
                Participant

I am glad i made your day.  I just read your history.  I made 3 combo treatments until liver numbers were 1230. 5 Months of prednisone.  Numbers normal now. How are you doing now? Awesome that you are going to John Waynes Cancer Center.  He was my hero. 

Sharon93065
                  Participant

This reply was for Paul.  Your name is casitas1.  I live in a cute casita on my daughters property.  And also share a labradoodle with her.  Sadie has been my comfort dog this last year.  May the Good Lord continue to bless you with healing. 

Sharon93065
                    Participant

I am glad i made your day.  I just read your history.  I made 3 combo treatments until liver numbers were 1230. 5 Months of prednisone.  Numbers normal now. How are you doing now? Awesome that you are going to John Waynes Cancer Center.  He was my hero. 

Bubbles
                    Participant

Congrats, Sharon!  Enjoy!!  celeste

Julie in SoCal
                      Participant

Oh Sharon this is fantastic news!  You go girl!  Get out there and live!  Make the score Sharon 1 Mel 0!

Blessings

Julie

jade1111
                        Participant

Sailing to Alaska. WOW.. Such a beatiful reminder of the jounrey.. and all those that support along the way! Sounds like an amazing trip!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics