The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bruce in NH has passed away December 10, 2011

Forums General Melanoma Community Bruce in NH has passed away December 10, 2011

Participant

Hi everyone,

I became friends with Bruce in NH from this board as he and I shared the same fantastic melanoma oncologist at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. I had last heard from him late fall, and I wrote to see how his treaments were going early this January with no response and then again yesterday. His wife Karen wrote back and said:

Hi everyone,

I became friends with Bruce in NH from this board as he and I shared the same fantastic melanoma oncologist at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. I had last heard from him late fall, and I wrote to see how his treaments were going early this January with no response and then again yesterday. His wife Karen wrote back and said:

"I'm sorry to tell you that Bruce died on Dec 10.th He went peacefully at the end and it was very quick.  He had had a 12 year battle with cancer and was taking treatments even to the end ! He is greatly missed by all of us but is in a much better place.
      I have not turned off his phone yet but my email is keyboardwoman @ Comcast.net ..
      Sorry to be the bearer of sad news".

In an another email to me Karen asked me to post this news to the MPIP board and said I could post her personal email address above for anyone who cares to write. She may or may not check this board but I thought in case she doesnt I will cut and paste any posts here and forward them to her.

I know that I for one am just devastated with once again such sad news of one of our melanoma friends dying. I think so often of Sharyn, NicOz, Val, Eric, and many many others that have died from this horrendous cancer.

With much sadness,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        KellieSue
        Participant
          I’m so saddened to read this. I had looked forward to reading his posts. He seemed to have good information for us warriors. I’m very upset reading of deaths of late. I fesl like its so hard.

Kellie(from Iowa)

KellieSue
          Participant
            I’m so saddened to read this. I had looked forward to reading his posts. He seemed to have good information for us warriors. I’m very upset reading of deaths of late. I fesl like its so hard.

Kellie(from Iowa)

KellieSue
            Participant

Kellie(from Iowa)

lhaley
              Participant

I am so sorry to hear of Bruce's death.  I hope is family is surrounded by memories of love. 

Thank you for letting us know Donna.

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

I am so sorry to hear of Bruce's death.  I hope is family is surrounded by memories of love. 

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Linda

Phil S
                    Participant
                      I am so sad to hear that Bruce passed away. He was a true warrior, fighting the battle for years, while also offering information, support, and encouragement to others in this fight! I had been in email communication with Bruce in the Fall, last hearing from him in November, as he offered support to us when Phil was doing WBR. Bruce even sent me pictures via email of his family, he loved them so much. I wish his family peace and healing during this difficult time. Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                      Phil S
                      Participant
                        I am so sad to hear that Bruce passed away. He was a true warrior, fighting the battle for years, while also offering information, support, and encouragement to others in this fight! I had been in email communication with Bruce in the Fall, last hearing from him in November, as he offered support to us when Phil was doing WBR. Bruce even sent me pictures via email of his family, he loved them so much. I wish his family peace and healing during this difficult time. Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                        Phil S
                        Participant
                          MeNDave
                          Participant

I am so saddenend to hear this.  We spoke back when both Bruce and David had tried to get into NIH.  He was always one to lift your spirits when you got bad news.  I hope that his family is coping and that they can find peace in the coming months.  He was truly a mel warrior and will be greatly missed.

Godspeed Bruce.

MeNDave
                            Participant

I am so saddenend to hear this.  We spoke back when both Bruce and David had tried to get into NIH.  He was always one to lift your spirits when you got bad news.  I hope that his family is coping and that they can find peace in the coming months.  He was truly a mel warrior and will be greatly missed.

Godspeed Bruce.

MeNDave
                              Participant

Godspeed Bruce.

jag
                                Participant

I am very sorry to hear this Donna, but thank you nonetheless.

God, give Bruce's family the strength to recover from their loss.

jag
                                  Participant

jag
                                    Participant

Rocco
                                      Participant

Donna,

Thank you for posting this. 

I too had been wondering how Bruce was and concerned when I hadn't seen any recent posts.  My deepest condolences to Bruce's entire family and network of friends.  Bruce truly reached out to individuals on this board and made a difference through his posts over the years.  This strikes close to home literally as I live in NH and just (I believe) at town or two away in Nashua.

May the loving memories of Bruce surround his family during the coming months.

-Rocco, Stage IV since 2005

Rocco
                                        Participant

Donna,

I too had been wondering how Bruce was and concerned when I hadn't seen any recent posts.  My deepest condolences to Bruce's entire family and network of friends.  Bruce truly reached out to individuals on this board and made a difference through his posts over the years.  This strikes close to home literally as I live in NH and just (I believe) at town or two away in Nashua.

Rocco
                                          Participant

Donna,

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics