The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

brents anti pd 1 trial report

Forums General Melanoma Community brents anti pd 1 trial report

Participant

I will need to have all the the available now.  the trial is not working and he is in terrible pain in the hospital now.  he was to be scanned on the 6 of feb but they are moving it up to tomorrow .  then they are talking about radiation .  I will be asking questions and trying to find a way to  get more treatment.  he doesn't want to quit.  all of his pain can be treated with a inserted pain pumb under the skin and that is scheduled.  he was on the merck mek trial and did not fail the trial but moved to this trial when it became available. 

I will need to have all the the available now.  the trial is not working and he is in terrible pain in the hospital now.  he was to be scanned on the 6 of feb but they are moving it up to tomorrow .  then they are talking about radiation .  I will be asking questions and trying to find a way to  get more treatment.  he doesn't want to quit.  all of his pain can be treated with a inserted pain pumb under the skin and that is scheduled.  he was on the merck mek trial and did not fail the trial but moved to this trial when it became available.  Jimmy B I need your input as well as others.  I still have mek on hand.  he is braf negative and was tested twice but not by the new test.  this was years ago.  HELP.  Ask me questions, give me hope. 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        melissa ann
        Participant

HI Sharon, I am so sorry to hear that Brent is in so much pain again.  I hope they can get that under control so that both of you are able to think more clearly.  Is Dr. Weber offering any other options?  trials?  Is going back to MDA an option?  I am curious to hear others opinions on Brent going back on MEK since it seemed to keep Bren'ts disease at bay for awhile.  Dr. Hwu at MDA has mentioned a MEK/cdk4 trial possibly opening soon in phase 1.  Unfortunately, I dont have the details on that as of yet.  Please know that Peck and I think of you guys often and we will hope and pray for relief of his  pain and knowledge for the next best step.  Peace to both of you…Peck and Melissa

killmel
            Participant

Melissa,

It is so could to see your post. I was worried about you & Peck. How is Peck doing??? Did you find a treatment that is working for hiim.

Wishing you & Peck the best and prayers,

MaryBeth

killmel
              Participant

Melissa,

It is so could to see your post. I was worried about you & Peck. How is Peck doing??? Did you find a treatment that is working for hiim.

MaryBeth

killmel
                Participant

Melissa,

MaryBeth

melissa ann
                Participant

HI Sharon, I am so sorry to hear that Brent is in so much pain again.  I hope they can get that under control so that both of you are able to think more clearly.  Is Dr. Weber offering any other options?  trials?  Is going back to MDA an option?  I am curious to hear others opinions on Brent going back on MEK since it seemed to keep Bren'ts disease at bay for awhile.  Dr. Hwu at MDA has mentioned a MEK/cdk4 trial possibly opening soon in phase 1.  Unfortunately, I dont have the details on that as of yet.  Please know that Peck and I think of you guys often and we will hope and pray for relief of his  pain and knowledge for the next best step.  Peace to both of you…Peck and Melissa

melissa ann
                  Participant

awillett1991
                    Participant
                      Knowing nothing about PD1 or MEK all I can say is that I am so sorry you both are suffering so much and I will pray for some peace, relief, and an answer to come soon. Have you posted on the MIF boards? Sometimes there is some interesting perspective there on what is going on in Europe. Did he have any success with Ipi? What about a reinduction?

Prayers,
                      Amy

awillett1991
                      Participant
                        Knowing nothing about PD1 or MEK all I can say is that I am so sorry you both are suffering so much and I will pray for some peace, relief, and an answer to come soon. Have you posted on the MIF boards? Sometimes there is some interesting perspective there on what is going on in Europe. Did he have any success with Ipi? What about a reinduction?

Prayers,
                        Amy

awillett1991
                        Participant

Prayers,
                          Amy

Owl
                          Participant

Dear Sharon,

my thaughts are with you and Brent. I hope the doctors will be able to control the pain very soon.

I have no idea what to do in your situation, I just wish that your will have any questions answered, any options looked at and a good feeling with the decisions made. Always remember that you are strong. You have any right to get a clear picture of the situation, hold on!

All the best to you and Brent,

Jenny

Owl
                            Participant

Dear Sharon,

my thaughts are with you and Brent. I hope the doctors will be able to control the pain very soon.

I have no idea what to do in your situation, I just wish that your will have any questions answered, any options looked at and a good feeling with the decisions made. Always remember that you are strong. You have any right to get a clear picture of the situation, hold on!

Jenny

Owl
                              Participant

Dear Sharon,

Jenny

sharmon
                                Participant

if i had mek or could get some  compassioate use  we could do a reintroduction.

sharmon
                                  Participant

sharmon
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics