The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brain tumor

Forums General Melanoma Community Brain tumor

Participant

I know I am not good at posting but my eye sight is finally coming back after the surgery and chemo treatments. I went back to James cancer center this week and my blood test showed my liver function test were not good but everything else was. So I had to go for an EKG yesterday and back next week for more CT scans on my lungs and stomach just to make sure the cancer has not spred further.

I know I am not good at posting but my eye sight is finally coming back after the surgery and chemo treatments. I went back to James cancer center this week and my blood test showed my liver function test were not good but everything else was. So I had to go for an EKG yesterday and back next week for more CT scans on my lungs and stomach just to make sure the cancer has not spred further. I had to stop my IPPI treatments to do the trial of Muskademess [not correct spelling either sorry]  so I will be doing alot of praying that the 2 treatments has stopped the growth on my lungs and will hold it off untill I can get radiation done on my brain which will take 4 weeks.  I am also praying that it is just all the medicine they have me on and the new trial that has my liver acting up and it goes back to normal so that I can have my radiation and start my IPPI back again.  I have not had any more seizures which I am so thankful for but I also have to take medicene the rest of my life for those. But that is ok as long as I can get through these tought times and hopefull  become NED . That is my goal as I am sure it is everyone on this board. I believe that God is really looking out for me and my faimly I can not tell you how blessed I am that God has gave me such good family and friends to help me through these tought times. I also know that no matter what God will be with me through it all good or bad and that helps me get thought the rough days. 

GOD BE WITH YOU ALL!

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Maxximom
        Participant

Elaine.. I am so happy that your eyesight is coming back..that must be such a relief to you.I am sure that your liver teats will improve as well. I pray The surgery, Ippi that you had and radiation all combined will help get you to the NED status that you want..as we all do. I see Dr Kendra on Thursday.. but because I still have such severe Diarrhea and am on such a high dose of Prednisone.. My Ippy #3 wont happen.. and I wonder if they will ever let me on it again.. I hope they will wean me off of the Prednisone soon..so I can try it again.. if they will let me..that is the question. I am BRAF negative and don't have many other options..so it does worry me to have to give up the Ippy. Yes..family is everything we are both very fortunate to have these wonderful people in our lives..Good luck Elaine

Joan

Maxximom
          Participant

Elaine.. I am so happy that your eyesight is coming back..that must be such a relief to you.I am sure that your liver teats will improve as well. I pray The surgery, Ippi that you had and radiation all combined will help get you to the NED status that you want..as we all do. I see Dr Kendra on Thursday.. but because I still have such severe Diarrhea and am on such a high dose of Prednisone.. My Ippy #3 wont happen.. and I wonder if they will ever let me on it again.. I hope they will wean me off of the Prednisone soon..so I can try it again.. if they will let me..that is the question. I am BRAF negative and don't have many other options..so it does worry me to have to give up the Ippy. Yes..family is everything we are both very fortunate to have these wonderful people in our lives..Good luck Elaine

Joan

Maxximom
            Participant

Joan

FormerCaregiver
              Participant

Elaine, it is great to read that your eyesight has started to return. Hopefully your liver function will also improve soon.

The fact that you have not had any more seizures is definitely an encouraging sign.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

Elaine, it is great to read that your eyesight has started to return. Hopefully your liver function will also improve soon.

The fact that you have not had any more seizures is definitely an encouraging sign.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

Frank from Australia

AlisonC
                    Participant
                      Elaine,

I’m so glad things are improving for you. Thanks also for all your advice and info in my post below about my friend David. I hope things continue to go well with your treatments ๐Ÿ™‚

AlisonC
                      Stage IIIB
                      NED since 2001

AlisonC
                      Participant
                        Elaine,

I’m so glad things are improving for you. Thanks also for all your advice and info in my post below about my friend David. I hope things continue to go well with your treatments ๐Ÿ™‚

AlisonC
                        Stage IIIB
                        NED since 2001

AlisonC
                        Participant
                          Elaine,

AlisonC
                          Stage IIIB
                          NED since 2001

jag
                          Participant
                            Elaine, I am very happy for you. My prayers are with you as well. Keep the faith and God Bless,

John

jag
                            Participant
                              Elaine, I am very happy for you. My prayers are with you as well. Keep the faith and God Bless,

John

jag
                              Participant

John

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics