The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brain Mets

Forums General Melanoma Community Brain Mets

Participant
      Hi everyone,
      I just came back from the onc and all is good. I am having a pretty remarkable response to the Trafilnar, my ear, all my scalp mets, etc. are clearing up nicely. My blood work is good.
      The brain mets are having the pretty standard effect, anger, etc. and I really didn’t have a clue about where I was (my husband was driving) until he drove right up to the door. I know the office is going to be looking into some kind of neuro-psychologist who might help me navigate things better. My work won’t clear me for at least 2 more weeks, but I know that’s a good thing.
      Karen

Hi everyone,
      I just came back from the onc and all is good. I am having a pretty remarkable response to the Trafilnar, my ear, all my scalp mets, etc. are clearing up nicely. My blood work is good.
      The brain mets are having the pretty standard effect, anger, etc. and I really didn’t have a clue about where I was (my husband was driving) until he drove right up to the door. I know the office is going to be looking into some kind of neuro-psychologist who might help me navigate things better. My work won’t clear me for at least 2 more weeks, but I know that’s a good thing.
      Karen

Viewing 21 reply threads
    • Replies
        Richard_K
        Participant
          Way to go Karen!!!
          Richard_K
          Participant
            Way to go Karen!!!
            Richard_K
            Participant
              Way to go Karen!!!
              awillett1991
              Participant
                Way to go girl! Good to hear from you! Sounds like you need to rest and take care of Karen!
                awillett1991
                Participant
                  Way to go girl! Good to hear from you! Sounds like you need to rest and take care of Karen!
                  awillett1991
                  Participant
                    JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

YES !

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

YES !

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

YES !

vivian
                          Participant

Yay, Karen!  Keep up the good work!

POW
                            Participant

Wonderful news, Karen! If Traflinar (dabrafenib) is working on your body, it is probably working on your brain, too. It just takes longer. 

I seem to recall that you took Zelboraf and it worked for you. You are one of the first who is post zelboraf and now on dabrafenib. It's so exciting to see that you are having such a good response!

Keep on keepin' on, Karen! You're doing great!

POW
                              Participant

Wonderful news, Karen! If Traflinar (dabrafenib) is working on your body, it is probably working on your brain, too. It just takes longer. 

I seem to recall that you took Zelboraf and it worked for you. You are one of the first who is post zelboraf and now on dabrafenib. It's so exciting to see that you are having such a good response!

POW
                                Participant

aldakota22
                                  Participant

Happy for you that "T" is working .May it give you a long lasting response .Now just find a way to calm down your angry brain mets. Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                                    Participant

Happy for you that "T" is working .May it give you a long lasting response .Now just find a way to calm down your angry brain mets. Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                                      Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                        Participant

Onward !!

JerryfromFauq
                                          Participant

Onward !!

JerryfromFauq
                                            Participant

Onward !!

Tina D
                                              Participant

Sounds very encouraging!! Glad to hear your good report! I hope the other effects become less noticable by the day!

Tina

Tina D
                                                Participant

Sounds very encouraging!! Glad to hear your good report! I hope the other effects become less noticable by the day!

Tina

Tina D
                                                  Participant

Tina

vivian
                                                    Participant

vivian
                                                      Participant

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics