The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

BRAF/MEK GREAT SCANS YEA:)!!!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community BRAF/MEK GREAT SCANS YEA:)!!!!!

Participant

So after a very loooong day at Moffitt ( I know I don't have to tell anyone how that goes)  and a day and a half of just flat out to busy to think, I finally have time to sit down and post about my scans on Thursday.   I had my first set of scans since starting the GSK BRAF/MEK trial –  while I am not NED yet πŸ™  there was a 20+% shrinkage πŸ™‚ !   I WILL TAKE IT!   It made me very happy.    Thank you to all of you who posted your thoughts about my scanxiety, said prayers and gave me a patron saint to pray to (Mike

So after a very loooong day at Moffitt ( I know I don't have to tell anyone how that goes)  and a day and a half of just flat out to busy to think, I finally have time to sit down and post about my scans on Thursday.   I had my first set of scans since starting the GSK BRAF/MEK trial –  while I am not NED yet πŸ™  there was a 20+% shrinkage πŸ™‚ !   I WILL TAKE IT!   It made me very happy.    Thank you to all of you who posted your thoughts about my scanxiety, said prayers and gave me a patron saint to pray to (Mike πŸ™‚ ) – It helped me tremendously – especially when I was  sitting and waiting for her to come in and discuss the results.  Felt like I was two seconds from a massive heart attack – and she wonders why I have days when I need a anxiety pill.  Just wanted to share the news and again Thanks to everyone. 

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        FormerCaregiver
        Participant

Congratulations on the great news! I am very happy for you!

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
          Participant

Congratulations on the great news! I am very happy for you!

Frank from Australia

Carol Taylor
            Participant

Wonderful Hallelujah moment Dawn!  Happy dance!

Lord, thank you. Amen.

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Wonderful Hallelujah moment Dawn!  Happy dance!

Lord, thank you. Amen.

Carmon in NM
                Participant

That's wonderful news and I'm praying that it just keeps getting better and better!

Carmon in NM
                  Participant

That's wonderful news and I'm praying that it just keeps getting better and better!

deffk1105
                    Participant

Absolutely WONDERFUL news, Dawn!  Every time i'm at Moffitt i wonder if i'm passing you in the hall πŸ™‚  I too received great news last week.  Total tumor masses shrunk by 50% with previous smaller nodules around my lungs completely disappeared!  YIPPEE for both of us – and continued success on this trial!!!

-Kate (Wisconsin)

deffk1105
                      Participant

Absolutely WONDERFUL news, Dawn!  Every time i'm at Moffitt i wonder if i'm passing you in the hall πŸ™‚  I too received great news last week.  Total tumor masses shrunk by 50% with previous smaller nodules around my lungs completely disappeared!  YIPPEE for both of us – and continued success on this trial!!!

-Kate (Wisconsin)

dawn dion
                          Participant

Kate  that is absolutely wonderful!!!! I am soooooo happy for you!   I always wonder  the same thing – am  I passing Kate somewhere?- I even asked Trish if you where around when I was there!   I almost asked Lettie if you where a happy camper this week but I figured she couldn't tell me.  We are definetly going to have to try and coordinate!

dawn dion
                            Participant

Kate  that is absolutely wonderful!!!! I am soooooo happy for you!   I always wonder  the same thing – am  I passing Kate somewhere?- I even asked Trish if you where around when I was there!   I almost asked Lettie if you where a happy camper this week but I figured she couldn't tell me.  We are definetly going to have to try and coordinate!

mike_nj
                            Participant

Dawn

Great news and I hope all continues in your favor.  See you in chat sometime again.

Mike from NJ

mike_nj
                              Participant

Dawn

Great news and I hope all continues in your favor.  See you in chat sometime again.

Mike from NJ

mrsmarilyn
                                Participant

Hey Dawn!  That is grrrreat news!  I will let my brother Gary know!  Although he had a great reduction as well – he is not feeling good at all. Very fatiqued and high fever.  How are you feeling?

Glad you made it through "scanxiety"!!!!!

Congrats again!

MrsMarilyn

Sister of gary (stage Iv)

dawn dion
                                    Participant

Hello MrsMarilyn

I am feeling well- Gary needs to discuss the fevers further with his drs.  They have told me that they are very common if it gets to be to much for him let them know.   As far as the fatigue goes I have my  moments – I REFUSE to let it get the better of me.  I still go non-stop with my kids.  I will say that I do get joint pain and muscle fatigue in my legs.  We have gone different places the last 3 or 4 weekends where I am walking quite a bit and I tend to feel it for the next 2 or 3 days.   I did relay the info to my Dr. and she asked me if it was interfering with my life – I said no but I am considering asking for something the next time I go to see her – I know on Sunday when we where out and about it was becoming difficult to walk.   In fact I would like to know if any of my BRAF/MEK friends are having the same problems?

Lots of Luck to you

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

Vermont_Donna
                                      Participant

Great news Dawn! Scanxiety is very common around here, so glad you got through it without any panic attacks, etc. How old are your kids??

Keep up the good work!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

dawn dion
                                        Participant

Hi Donna

Thanks for the response – My girls are 6 and 8 and the light of my life.

dawn dion
                                          Participant

Hi Donna

Thanks for the response – My girls are 6 and 8 and the light of my life.

Vermont_Donna
                                            Participant

Great news Dawn! Scanxiety is very common around here, so glad you got through it without any panic attacks, etc. How old are your kids??

Keep up the good work!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

dawn dion
                                              Participant

Hello MrsMarilyn

I am feeling well- Gary needs to discuss the fevers further with his drs.  They have told me that they are very common if it gets to be to much for him let them know.   As far as the fatigue goes I have my  moments – I REFUSE to let it get the better of me.  I still go non-stop with my kids.  I will say that I do get joint pain and muscle fatigue in my legs.  We have gone different places the last 3 or 4 weekends where I am walking quite a bit and I tend to feel it for the next 2 or 3 days.   I did relay the info to my Dr. and she asked me if it was interfering with my life – I said no but I am considering asking for something the next time I go to see her – I know on Sunday when we where out and about it was becoming difficult to walk.   In fact I would like to know if any of my BRAF/MEK friends are having the same problems?

Lots of Luck to you

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

mrsmarilyn
                                              Participant

Hey Dawn!  That is grrrreat news!  I will let my brother Gary know!  Although he had a great reduction as well – he is not feeling good at all. Very fatiqued and high fever.  How are you feeling?

Glad you made it through "scanxiety"!!!!!

Congrats again!

MrsMarilyn

Sister of gary (stage Iv)

CLPrice31
                                                Participant

Dawn,

I am SO excited to hear your great news! I am still rootin' for ya! πŸ™‚

CLPrice31
                                                  Participant

Dawn,

I am SO excited to hear your great news! I am still rootin' for ya! πŸ™‚

LynnLuc
                                                    Participant

Its wonderful news!

LynnLuc
                                                      Participant

Its wonderful news!

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics