The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

BRAF-GSK-Another Great Scan!

Forums General Melanoma Community BRAF-GSK-Another Great Scan!

Participant

Hello everyone – I havent been on here since the new format.  Not sure I like it!!!  Just wanted to check in with everyone and let you know that my brother – on GSK Braf inhibitor – still showing shrinkage – with no progression.  He has been on GSK Braf – ihibitor for about 7 months.   If anyone out there wants further information – please feel free to email me.  This has been a miracle drug so far – his stage IV melanoma was progressing fast.

Best wishes and stay hopeful.

Mrs.Marilyn

(sister of brother Gary stage IV)

Hello everyone – I havent been on here since the new format.  Not sure I like it!!!  Just wanted to check in with everyone and let you know that my brother – on GSK Braf inhibitor – still showing shrinkage – with no progression.  He has been on GSK Braf – ihibitor for about 7 months.   If anyone out there wants further information – please feel free to email me.  This has been a miracle drug so far – his stage IV melanoma was progressing fast.

Best wishes and stay hopeful.

Mrs.Marilyn

(sister of brother Gary stage IV)

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

such great news..does he experience any side effects?

mrsmarilyn
            Participant

Hi-During the first or second week, his joints hurt and he was flu like.  That went away and never came back.  He does get little skin tag growths-he had to have removed once.  But he feels great.  He has been thru IL-2 – high dosages, Interluekin, and this has been ez with the most effective results!  He can exhale a little now!  thanks for asking!

jag
            Participant

very happy to hear this news.  May he continue to show shrinkage.

mrsmarilyn
                Participant

Thanks-love the joe dirt quote-hilarious!!!

JuleFL
                Participant

Great news!

Little Pat
                  Participant

It is so nice that there are finally some new treatments out there to be excited about.  Congrats on the good news. Keep us posted.

Tracey FL
                    Participant

Hi

I am so encouraged by your post.  It is great to hear that some things are helping in this battle.

That might be one of my moms next choices if the PD-1 does not work.  She is Stage IV and failed the first trial of vaccines.  Now we are on to the second and newer one.  Did they take a tumor off for the BRAF to test it?  She has two large ones that would be easy to get to.  Like 2 inch by 1 3/4 inch.  Are these large? 

Tracey

Sharon in Reno
                        Participant

This is just great news…tell him we are still praying for his continued success and I am doing the happy dancecheeky…thanks for the great new…love, Sharon in Reno StageIV

Viewing 4 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics