The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

bone met success stories?

Forums General Melanoma Community bone met success stories?

Participant

Really looking for some positive news regarding mets on my pelvis and femur. I'm stage 4. They're very painful and don't appear to be responding like my other tumors to PD-1. Has anyone had a response on BRAFi or any other intervention? This is truly disappointing and the pain is keeping me from working and enjoying life as much as I'd otherwise be able to. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        triciad
        Participant

I had bone mets in my lower spine and neck.  It was incredibly painful.  I got them while on Keytruda.  My doctor put me on Tafinlar and Mekenist. They melted away in no tie at all.  

I hope your doctor puts you on this combo.

Blessings,

Tricia

Spl25
            Participant

Thanks so much, and I'm happy to hear that – it may not be the most deadly site of mets but it's probably the most painful! Did the bone mets stay gone?

triciad
              Participant

Yes, they have stayed away.  I have had a few brain mets, but they were zapped with gamma knife.

triciad
                Participant

Yes, they have stayed away.  I have had a few brain mets, but they were zapped with gamma knife.

Mat
                Participant

I had painful bone mets at Stage IV diagnosis in 2013.  Melted away by BRAF-MEK and haven't returned.  I did have one radiated around the time I started BRAF-MEK.  Might consider a short run on BRAF-MEK and then return to PD-1.  Also possible to combine PD-1 with BRAF-MEK, though not proven that they work well in combination.

Edwin
                    Participant

I was diagnosed with melanoma in a rib in August 2014.   Radiation to that rib made me feel better, but did not cure it.   While taking Keytruda mets grew in my ribs, backbone, pelvis and femurs.   I could not run and walking was painful.  I began Yervoy and Ipdivo treatment in April 2016.  By July 2016 I could run again.   A PET scan in August 2016 showed most of the mets were gone. I continue receiving Ipdivo every two weeks and have run several races in the past year.

[email protected]
                    Participant

Hi there, I'm so sorry about what you're dealing with! I had a lesion in my spine in 2011 (stage 4) and went to Mexico for treatment including Gerson Therapy, Coley fluid, laetrile and high dose vitamin c. God bless!

Viewing 2 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics