The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Blood LDH

Forums General Melanoma Community Blood LDH

Participant

Lynn had a 8 week checkup today. the leg level jumped from 232 to 320. Dr said that wasn't to bad cause it was far from being the 500 to 700 and even a 1000 like it was before Zelobraf. He said he will scan body in 4 weeks and check blood again then. Lynn has 3 wart looking things he wants dermatologists to remove. We have brain scans next Wed. Hope that turns out good. We were hoping to be NED at next scans but with blood jumping up don't think it will happen.                

Lynn had a 8 week checkup today. the leg level jumped from 232 to 320. Dr said that wasn't to bad cause it was far from being the 500 to 700 and even a 1000 like it was before Zelobraf. He said he will scan body in 4 weeks and check blood again then. Lynn has 3 wart looking things he wants dermatologists to remove. We have brain scans next Wed. Hope that turns out good. We were hoping to be NED at next scans but with blood jumping up don't think it will happen.                

I also asked about the on and off treatments with Zelobraf and he said yes some Dr. we're beginning to do it and it may be an option. I also asked about anti pd 1 and he said they would have it in Feb. Guess he was talking about a clinical triall.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          Argh! Hate to hear that for you guys. Can you push for some interval bloodwork to check LDH in 2 weeks or so? Couldn’t hurt…

Amy

bikerwife
            Participant

yes, we have brain scans next week so I could push for them to check it again. I guess I'm kinda grappling at straws but he has been doing so well and there's no other signs. Dr. checked all his tumors yesterday and they are completely flat and gone. Is there anything else that can made the ldh level rise.

awillett1991
              Participant
                I asked about this a few weeks ago and how I understood it was that it shows inflammation, including Mel. Mine is up and down, up and down but not over normal. Also my understanding is that if trends steadily up, or has a big jump up, in a short time, something is wrong. It is not 100% sure to be cancer growth though but is a cause for concern.

For some people, it is not a helpful predictor at all. Others, it does show when Mel is up to something. I can’t see how it will hurt to check it or even move your other scans up 2 weeks. Good luck! Keep us posted!

awillett1991
                Participant
                  I asked about this a few weeks ago and how I understood it was that it shows inflammation, including Mel. Mine is up and down, up and down but not over normal. Also my understanding is that if trends steadily up, or has a big jump up, in a short time, something is wrong. It is not 100% sure to be cancer growth though but is a cause for concern.

For some people, it is not a helpful predictor at all. Others, it does show when Mel is up to something. I can’t see how it will hurt to check it or even move your other scans up 2 weeks. Good luck! Keep us posted!

awillett1991
                  Participant

bikerwife
                    Participant

yes, we have brain scans next week so I could push for them to check it again. I guess I'm kinda grappling at straws but he has been doing so well and there's no other signs. Dr. checked all his tumors yesterday and they are completely flat and gone. Is there anything else that can made the ldh level rise.

bikerwife
                      Participant

awillett1991
                      Participant
                        Argh! Hate to hear that for you guys. Can you push for some interval bloodwork to check LDH in 2 weeks or so? Couldn’t hurt…

Amy

awillett1991
                        Participant

Amy

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics