The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Biopsy results

Forums General Melanoma Community Biopsy results

Participant

Hey what's up,

Hey what's up,

Just got the results of my sentinel node biopsy and everything came back clear, no evidence of cancer in the lymph nodes. Man I'm psyched, what a long week it was to wait. My head was going a mile a minute all week long and this was a hell of a way to start summer! WHEW! I was figuring with the mitotic rate so high( 7) it had to have gotten into the lymph nodes! WOW, I had just signed up for a 1/2 marathon about two weeks before the initial diagnosis and now I can't wait to train again Sunday. I want to thank everyone for their help in the last couple weeks, it can get real tough when you're by yourself   (I'm single) and you guys always took time to give me some feedback.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        MariaH
        Participant

Great news! Just remember to do your follow up with onc and derm, and be aware of changes (but not paranoid).  Congrats on the news!

MariaH
          Participant

Great news! Just remember to do your follow up with onc and derm, and be aware of changes (but not paranoid).  Congrats on the news!

shellebrownies
            Participant

Congrats to you. I am very glad that you got such a favorable result!

Michelle, wife to Don, Stage IV

shellebrownies
              Participant

Congrats to you. I am very glad that you got such a favorable result!

Michelle, wife to Don, Stage IV

Carol Taylor
                Participant

Yea Gtown!

You have a great summer and life! Just, please, remember this scare and carry what you've experienced and learned with you and help others. Teach those you train with. While you're psyched, do what you need to do to (hopefully) never be in this situation again.

All the best to you Friend.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                  Participant

Yea Gtown!

You have a great summer and life! Just, please, remember this scare and carry what you've experienced and learned with you and help others. Teach those you train with. While you're psyched, do what you need to do to (hopefully) never be in this situation again.

All the best to you Friend.

Grace and peace,

Carol

jimjoeb
                    Participant

Fantastic news! Congratulations!

jimjoeb
                      Participant

Fantastic news! Congratulations!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics