The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Biopsy results UK Does this sound bad?

Forums General Melanoma Community Biopsy results UK Does this sound bad?

Participant

So I had a mole removed 10 days ago. I called up my doctos surgery and the results were not through. She offered to call the department who removed my mole and they told her the results are in but they have to wait for a consultant?

Is that bad? a Consultant?  then they will fax it through to my GP's tray..that surely doesn't sound good?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant

I wouldn't read anything into this, the Dr. just want to do the follow up and get his or her billing $ in. Best Wishes!!! Ed

ed williams
          Participant

I wouldn't read anything into this, the Dr. just want to do the follow up and get his or her billing $ in. Best Wishes!!! Ed

ed williams
            Participant

MoiraM
              Participant

I am in the UK. I would not read anything into this either. Most hospitals are very systematic and it is likely that the consutant has to 'sign off' everything.

If they have a system – like all results are delievered through GPs – they will not make an exception.

MoiraM
                Participant

I am in the UK. I would not read anything into this either. Most hospitals are very systematic and it is likely that the consutant has to 'sign off' everything.

If they have a system – like all results are delievered through GPs – they will not make an exception.

MoiraM
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics