The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bill58

Participant

I am sorry to pass along the news that Bill58 (stage IV recently found to have brain mets) died today.  Bill was very supportive of me during my caregiving experience – he is from my hometown (we went to high school together, as it turned out) and came to Will's memorial service.  He shared a doctor with Will and recently switched from Dr. Jon Richards/Sigrun Hallmeyer (will's initial docs) to Dr. Howard Kaufman in Chicago.  I was very happy he had chosen Dr.

I am sorry to pass along the news that Bill58 (stage IV recently found to have brain mets) died today.  Bill was very supportive of me during my caregiving experience – he is from my hometown (we went to high school together, as it turned out) and came to Will's memorial service.  He shared a doctor with Will and recently switched from Dr. Jon Richards/Sigrun Hallmeyer (will's initial docs) to Dr. Howard Kaufman in Chicago.  I was very happy he had chosen Dr. Kaufman and was so hopeful for him.  Bill often posted on here but I was not sure if his family would have access to notify the board….

He leaves a wife and three children. 

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Lori,

I'm so sorry to hear about Bill. I had e-mailed him and was worried when I didn't get a response. 

Thank you for letting us know. Condolences being sent for his family.  I hate this disease!!!

Linda

Lori C
            Participant

Bill has a Caringbridge page  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/williamfreitag

He was a lovely, gentle, funny and hardworking man who adored his family.  He was endlessly kind and encouraging to me – and others – while in the midst of his own battle.  I am terribly saddened by his loss.  In mid October he attended Will's memorial service with his lovely wife.  That had to be very difficult for him; he was in the midst of a lot of medical uncertainty himself. 

Lori C
              Participant

Bill has a Caringbridge page  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/williamfreitag

He was a lovely, gentle, funny and hardworking man who adored his family.  He was endlessly kind and encouraging to me – and others – while in the midst of his own battle.  I am terribly saddened by his loss.  In mid October he attended Will's memorial service with his lovely wife.  That had to be very difficult for him; he was in the midst of a lot of medical uncertainty himself. 

lhaley
              Participant

Lori,

I'm so sorry to hear about Bill. I had e-mailed him and was worried when I didn't get a response. 

Thank you for letting us know. Condolences being sent for his family.  I hate this disease!!!

Linda

KatyWI
                Participant

Lori, thank you for posting.  I too sent Bill a note about a month ago and had been wondering how he was doing.  I'm so saddened that it comes to this – again – too many times for too many warriors.  Thinking of his family,

KatyWI

KatyWI
                  Participant

Lori, thank you for posting.  I too sent Bill a note about a month ago and had been wondering how he was doing.  I'm so saddened that it comes to this – again – too many times for too many warriors.  Thinking of his family,

KatyWI

King
                    Participant

Lori,

Thank you for sharing this sad news with us.  Bill was a great support to many on this Board.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Becky
                        Participant

So sad…thanks Lori

Becky

Becky
                          Participant

So sad…thanks Lori

Becky

King
                          Participant

Lori,

Thank you for sharing this sad news with us.  Bill was a great support to many on this Board.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

lovingwifedeb
                            Participant

Thank you, Lori for keeping everyone updated. I know for myself, Bill was one of the first people to welcome me on this discussion board and told me that he felt a connection with my husband's story. If he knew about my husband's new upgrade to stage 4 and it's reason of a brain tumor he would truly feel an even greater connection I'm afraid. Bill never gave up and always gave encouragment to those who were reaching out.

I am very sad tonight for Bill and his family and for the fight we all have to face today. I hope he finds his peace finally and can help guide those who are left behind.

Deb

lovingwife to Bob, newly diagnosed stage 4

lovingwifedeb
                              Participant

Thank you, Lori for keeping everyone updated. I know for myself, Bill was one of the first people to welcome me on this discussion board and told me that he felt a connection with my husband's story. If he knew about my husband's new upgrade to stage 4 and it's reason of a brain tumor he would truly feel an even greater connection I'm afraid. Bill never gave up and always gave encouragment to those who were reaching out.

I am very sad tonight for Bill and his family and for the fight we all have to face today. I hope he finds his peace finally and can help guide those who are left behind.

Deb

lovingwife to Bob, newly diagnosed stage 4

KellieSue
                                Participant

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of Bill. I recall him posting recently. I had high hopes of him beating the brain mets.

Kellie, Stage IV since June 2008

KellieSue
                                  Participant

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of Bill. I recall him posting recently. I had high hopes of him beating the brain mets.

Kellie, Stage IV since June 2008

JuleFL
                                    Participant
                                      Hi Lori,
                                      Thank you for posting this, I am sad to hear it. Bill posted kind words on some of my posts and on so many others’ posts. I think it is wonderful that you and Bill connected on this board and he was able to help you and Will. He was a very special person and I am sorry that you have to experience this additional loss. Prayers and condolences for you and Bill’s family.
                                      Jule
                                      JuleFL
                                      Participant
                                        Hi Lori,
                                        Thank you for posting this, I am sad to hear it. Bill posted kind words on some of my posts and on so many others’ posts. I think it is wonderful that you and Bill connected on this board and he was able to help you and Will. He was a very special person and I am sorry that you have to experience this additional loss. Prayers and condolences for you and Bill’s family.
                                        Jule
                                        EricNJill
                                        Participant

I'm so upset to read this.  Praying for his family.  Thank you Lori for letting us know.

JillnEric In OH

EricNJill
                                          Participant

I'm so upset to read this.  Praying for his family.  Thank you Lori for letting us know.

JillnEric In OH

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics