The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

B-RAF/MEK Combo Week 2

Forums General Melanoma Community B-RAF/MEK Combo Week 2

Participant

So today was a little frustrating.   Finally had some side effects – wondered when they would show up 🙂  Anyway – not to bad – hip joints hurt a little, verry tired today.   I am a person that goes non-stop so when I have to slow down it is frustrating.  Also had a low grade fever about 100 – 101 took a couple of tylenol slept allll day – and now all seems to be right with the world.   Go back to Moffit tomorrow for EKG and visit.   So far so good.   I hope the others of you on the forum riding a the B-RAF train are doing as well.

So today was a little frustrating.   Finally had some side effects – wondered when they would show up 🙂  Anyway – not to bad – hip joints hurt a little, verry tired today.   I am a person that goes non-stop so when I have to slow down it is frustrating.  Also had a low grade fever about 100 – 101 took a couple of tylenol slept allll day – and now all seems to be right with the world.   Go back to Moffit tomorrow for EKG and visit.   So far so good.   I hope the others of you on the forum riding a the B-RAF train are doing as well.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        KellieSue
        Participant

Sorry to hear you are having some side effects but they seem very managable!

Hope your day at Moffit goes smoothly!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

KellieSue
          Participant

Sorry to hear you are having some side effects but they seem very managable!

Hope your day at Moffit goes smoothly!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV

Rydell
            Participant

Sorry to hear about the side effects. Good luck with your appt! Could you explain the MEK part of the combo? I'm still trying to research things! Stay strong!!

Amanda

dawn dion
                Participant

So went to Moffit yesterday – seems that what I consider low grade they  consider Hi – if it goes any higher than 101-102 they will stop the B-RAF drug for 72 hours.  Currently I am alternating Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours still dealing with about 99 – 100 on and off.   Other than that they seem to be happy with my progress.  Still not loving the fatigue but I guess it comes with the territory.  I will do what ever I have to do.  

Amanda as far as the MEK part of the combo – it is another inhibator that will hopefully control any reaccurance.  I am hoping that it does.  

I am still kind of new at this so if anyone knows anything further about it please chime in.

Hugs and Smiles to all

dawn dion
                  Participant

So went to Moffit yesterday – seems that what I consider low grade they  consider Hi – if it goes any higher than 101-102 they will stop the B-RAF drug for 72 hours.  Currently I am alternating Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours still dealing with about 99 – 100 on and off.   Other than that they seem to be happy with my progress.  Still not loving the fatigue but I guess it comes with the territory.  I will do what ever I have to do.  

Amanda as far as the MEK part of the combo – it is another inhibator that will hopefully control any reaccurance.  I am hoping that it does.  

I am still kind of new at this so if anyone knows anything further about it please chime in.

Hugs and Smiles to all

Rydell
                  Participant

Sorry to hear about the side effects. Good luck with your appt! Could you explain the MEK part of the combo? I'm still trying to research things! Stay strong!!

Amanda

LynnLuc
                    Participant

I have a friend who was doing the same trial at Moffitt and her fevers got too high and they took her off last week. Good luck with this trial!!

dawn dion
                        Participant

They took me off it for 2 days – I have had a brutal weekend – hopefully back on tuesday and things will be better. 

dawn dion
                          Participant

They took me off it for 2 days – I have had a brutal weekend – hopefully back on tuesday and things will be better. 

LynnLuc
                          Participant

I have a friend who was doing the same trial at Moffitt and her fevers got too high and they took her off last week. Good luck with this trial!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics