The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Axillary LND peeps–how long did you have the drain?

Forums General Melanoma Community Axillary LND peeps–how long did you have the drain?

Participant

I'm 8 days post-op and my JP Drain is still draining quite a bit–more than 100 ml/day. I have an appointment Monday and thought I'd get it out then but now I'm thinking I won't. If you had this surgery, how long did you have the drain? 

I'm 8 days post-op and my JP Drain is still draining quite a bit–more than 100 ml/day. I have an appointment Monday and thought I'd get it out then but now I'm thinking I won't. If you had this surgery, how long did you have the drain? 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

Mine was in for two weeks. At the two week point hardly anything was coming out of. We're all different, though.

Linny
          Participant

Mine was in for two weeks. At the two week point hardly anything was coming out of. We're all different, though.

Linny
            Participant

DebbieH
              Participant

Mine was in a long time – over 4 weeks until it was removed.  I do think this had a lot to do with having no problems with lymphadema later.  Good luck to you!

DebbieH, stage IIIC, NED 11+ years after interferon

DebbieH
                Participant

Mine was in a long time – over 4 weeks until it was removed.  I do think this had a lot to do with having no problems with lymphadema later.  Good luck to you!

DebbieH
                  Participant

akls
                    Participant

I had mine over 3 weeks and I agree with Debbie H.  I've had no problem with lymphedema either.  I'm glad I had mine in a long time.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                      Participant

I had mine over 3 weeks and I agree with Debbie H.  I've had no problem with lymphedema either.  I'm glad I had mine in a long time.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                        Participant

Amy S. in Michigan

vivian
                          Participant

Mine was in for 22 days.  It was miserable by the end, but I too believe that's why I have had very few issues. 

Lear

vivian
                            Participant

Mine was in for 22 days.  It was miserable by the end, but I too believe that's why I have had very few issues. 

Lear

vivian
                              Participant

Lear

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics