The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Artie’s Obit. RIP

Forums General Melanoma Community Artie’s Obit. RIP

• Replies
      Jahendry12
      Participant

Thank you for posting. I have been looking for it. RIP Artie. 

Jahendry12
        Participant

Jahendry12
          Participant

Tim–MRF

This is very sad news indeed. We hear so much about progress in treating melanoma–and the progress is real and hopeful. Artie's story is a reminder that we still have a lot of work to do.

In an earlier thread someone asked about making donations to the MRF in the name of the MPIP community. If you go to the "Donate" button you will be prompted about making the gift in memory or honor of someone. We will track down his family contact information and be sure they are made aware.

I see they have also set up a scholarship fund, and that information is in the obituary.

Hope this helps.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

This is very sad news indeed. We hear so much about progress in treating melanoma–and the progress is real and hopeful. Artie's story is a reminder that we still have a lot of work to do.

In an earlier thread someone asked about making donations to the MRF in the name of the MPIP community. If you go to the "Donate" button you will be prompted about making the gift in memory or honor of someone. We will track down his family contact information and be sure they are made aware.

I see they have also set up a scholarship fund, and that information is in the obituary.

Hope this helps.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Hope this helps.

Tim–MRF

mrsaxde
                  Participant

I haven't dropped in for several days, and just this evening learned of Artie's passing. My interactions with him were limited to commenting on his posts, or he on mine, but I will miss him.

Here's to Artie! RIP my friend.

-Bill

mrsaxde
                    Participant

I haven't dropped in for several days, and just this evening learned of Artie's passing. My interactions with him were limited to commenting on his posts, or he on mine, but I will miss him.

-Bill

mrsaxde
                      Participant

-Bill

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics