The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Arthritis after multiple immunotherapy treatments

Forums General Melanoma Community Arthritis after multiple immunotherapy treatments

Participant

I am fortunate to be long term Stage IV survivor (7 years since last recurrence) and over a period of 8 years, did multiple treatments (INF, vaccine trial, Ipi, pulsed IL-2).

While I'm certainly not getting any younger (61), I've really noticed more joint pain and osteoarthritis in my feet and hands.    A lot of this seemed to come on  after the pulsed IL-2 treatment but it may well be the result of cumulative treatments over time.  

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this after doing multiple immunotherapy treatments.  

Thank you,

Mary

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jubes
        Participant

Hi mary

i had a severe sponyloarthritis after 2 ipi and 6 months keytruda. Remicade seems to be the solution as it seems to be an inflammatory effect of the drugs but we are treating it with ketoprofen and plaquenil and steroids but reducing steroids slowly over months until I have all the screening done for remicade. 

Anne-Louise 

Bubbles
            Participant

Hey Anne-Louise!

Just mentioned you in a post above…hadn't seen this comment was posted twice!  Hope you are feeling better.  Does your comment mean you are heading toward doing remicade after all?  Think of you often, c

Bubbles
              Participant

Hey Anne-Louise!

Just mentioned you in a post above…hadn't seen this comment was posted twice!  Hope you are feeling better.  Does your comment mean you are heading toward doing remicade after all?  Think of you often, c

Bubbles
                Participant

Hey Anne-Louise!

Jubes
                Participant

Hi mary

i had a severe sponyloarthritis after 2 ipi and 6 months keytruda. Remicade seems to be the solution as it seems to be an inflammatory effect of the drugs but we are treating it with ketoprofen and plaquenil and steroids but reducing steroids slowly over months until I have all the screening done for remicade. 

Anne-Louise 

Jubes
                  Participant

Hi mary

Anne-Louise 

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics