The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anyone Expierence Headaches on Optivo…?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anyone Expierence Headaches on Optivo…?

Participant
      Hey Y’all!! I know I haven’t posted in a while, things have been pretty uneventful which is ok! I will be on Infusion #5 next week. My question for anyone is, has anyone expierenced headaches while on the Optivo?? I have been having then quite freaquently during the week and no matter what i take really takes them away….My Oncologist said that this shouldn’t be a side affect and possibly wants to get a brain MRI. Just wanted some input.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        marta010
        Participant

This could be an issue with your adrenal function.  Have you had your cortisol and thyroid levels checked recently?

jjk17
            Participant
              Cortisol, I have no clue. Thyroid will be checked next week.
              marta010
              Participant

Hypophysitis is a potential side effect from immunotherapy and headaches are a common symptom.  If you search the board for adrenal insufficiency or hypophysitis, you'll find many comments from members on this side effect.

Edwin
                Participant

I have had tension headaches off and on for the 2 years I have been receiving Opdivo.  I don't have pain with the headaches just tension in my forehead and temples.   I have received 3 brain MRIs because of these headaches.  I had melanoma in several bones.  It seems to be in remission now.

jjk17
                  Participant
                    Thank you everyone for the responses. I dont know what to do. The more research i do, looks as if it is kind of normal for some to expierence headaches….
              Viewing 0 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics