The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anybody heard about Dian lately?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anybody heard about Dian lately?

Participant

I have not seen any posts in quite awhile? How is she?

Charlie need not respond….

I have not seen any posts in quite awhile? How is she?

Charlie need not respond….

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

I am a close friend of Dian's and her husband  has been posting on facebook. 

My understanding is that Dian recently had scans on Aug. 16th .Her husband posted this:

""Pet/Ct and mri results where read to us… essentially it is the four mets on the brain to be removed via gamma knife on Weds., 1 small mets on her lung that will be treated via single body radiation treatment ( 5-7 doses) afterwards( she was already marked for this, and a wait and watch on the tumor on her L-1 that has strunk 50% and can be treated via the SBRT( as above) at a later date. SOooooo on to Wednesday and a long gamma knife surgery….more later…"

Her husband posted this about 24 hours ago:

"Terrible night. Around 2:45 the ambulance came and Dian is resting at Deaconess after a major faint/temor. I just got home to shower and eat and back to hospital. I am sure it will be Ok, since she is talking and coherent….."

Please pray for Dian

killmel
            Participant

While being in the hospital recuperating from SRS for 4 brain tumors, Dian contracted MRSA.

Her husband posted this on his facebook:

Pray tonight Dian gets through …..the MRSA has degrated her heart valve and I meet with the heart surgeon to decide if she is viable to survive the surgery…..She is very critical now…..

Over the years, Dian has been supportive and helpful to members of MIF so PLEASE  PRAY for Dian.

Dian needs your support now.

killmel
              Participant

While being in the hospital recuperating from SRS for 4 brain tumors, Dian contracted MRSA.

Pray tonight Dian gets through …..the MRSA has degrated her heart valve and I meet with the heart surgeon to decide if she is viable to survive the surgery…..She is very critical now…..

Over the years, Dian has been supportive and helpful to members of MIF so PLEASE  PRAY for Dian.

killmel
                Participant

killmel
                Participant

My understanding is that Dian recently had scans on Aug. 16th .Her husband posted this:

""Pet/Ct and mri results where read to us… essentially it is the four mets on the brain to be removed via gamma knife on Weds., 1 small mets on her lung that will be treated via single body radiation treatment ( 5-7 doses) afterwards( she was already marked for this, and a wait and watch on the tumor on her L-1 that has strunk 50% and can be treated via the SBRT( as above) at a later date. SOooooo on to Wednesday and a long gamma knife surgery….more later…"

"Terrible night. Around 2:45 the ambulance came and Dian is resting at Deaconess after a major faint/temor. I just got home to shower and eat and back to hospital. I am sure it will be Ok, since she is talking and coherent….."

Please pray for Dian

killmel
                  Participant

Please pray for Dian

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics