The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Any other young moms?

Forums General Melanoma Community Any other young moms?

Participant

I've been looking for a cancer support group of young moms or young women without children.  I'd love to chat with others for whom a cancer diagnosis has halted their ability to start or grow their family.  Anyone on this board that is in a similar situation to me?  I'm 38, Stage IIIB with strong recommendations from many doctors to avoid becoming pregnant again (which I have decided to abide by).  I have a 2 year old daughter.

Kristin

I've been looking for a cancer support group of young moms or young women without children.  I'd love to chat with others for whom a cancer diagnosis has halted their ability to start or grow their family.  Anyone on this board that is in a similar situation to me?  I'm 38, Stage IIIB with strong recommendations from many doctors to avoid becoming pregnant again (which I have decided to abide by).  I have a 2 year old daughter.

Kristin

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        AS123
        Participant

Hi Kristen,

I am 33 years old and have a two year old (almost three) and a one year old. I was diagnosed with stage 1b in December. I'd love a young mom/young women support group!

Anne

AS123
          Participant

Hi Kristen,

I am 33 years old and have a two year old (almost three) and a one year old. I was diagnosed with stage 1b in December. I'd love a young mom/young women support group!

Anne

Tracy Chicago
            Participant

Hi Kristin,

I'm 33 years old with a two year old daughter. I'm Stage 3B as well and have also chosen to not have any more kids for fear of reoccurence. I'd be happy to chat with you anytime.

My email is lynchtracyathotmail.com

Tracy

Tracy Chicago
              Participant

Hi Kristin,

I'm 33 years old with a two year old daughter. I'm Stage 3B as well and have also chosen to not have any more kids for fear of reoccurence. I'd be happy to chat with you anytime.

My email is lynchtracyathotmail.com

Tracy

Ranisa
                Participant

32 years old.  Stage 1B.  Dx last July currently pregnant-5 months along with #5 and being monitored very closely.

Ranisa
                  Participant

32 years old.  Stage 1B.  Dx last July currently pregnant-5 months along with #5 and being monitored very closely.

Lisa13
                      Participant

I'm 40 and was just diagnosed (3b) in January of this year.  I have a beautiful daughter who turns 18 months tomorrow.  I hope and pray that all of us can live to watch our children grow up.

Lisa

Lisa13
                        Participant

I'm 40 and was just diagnosed (3b) in January of this year.  I have a beautiful daughter who turns 18 months tomorrow.  I hope and pray that all of us can live to watch our children grow up.

Lisa

Ranisa
                          Participant

My orginal doctors told me to wait 2 years before trying to get pregnant.  It didn't work out that way.  I am very curious to know about people also in the same or simular situations.  If they are going to wait to have kids or not have any more….and also why? 

Ranisa
                            Participant

My orginal doctors told me to wait 2 years before trying to get pregnant.  It didn't work out that way.  I am very curious to know about people also in the same or simular situations.  If they are going to wait to have kids or not have any more….and also why? 

kbc123
                            Participant

Is 42 considered young mom?  LOL    This disease has made me feel like I have aged 10 years overnight !  I am 3a and my journey with this just started in January.  I have a 20, 13 and 12 yr old.  I now how I feel, I can only imagine how you all are doing with little ones.

I am all for a support group…I am looking for a group with my cancer center as we speak…

Kathy

kbc123
                              Participant

Is 42 considered young mom?  LOL    This disease has made me feel like I have aged 10 years overnight !  I am 3a and my journey with this just started in January.  I have a 20, 13 and 12 yr old.  I now how I feel, I can only imagine how you all are doing with little ones.

I am all for a support group…I am looking for a group with my cancer center as we speak…

Kathy

AS123
                                Participant

We could easily start a yahoo group for all of us and anyone else you wants to join! If you want to send me your email addresses, I'm happy to get it set up. I think you can email me from the "contact" tab when you click on my profile, if not, I can post my email. ๐Ÿ™‚ Anne

AS123
                                  Participant

We could easily start a yahoo group for all of us and anyone else you wants to join! If you want to send me your email addresses, I'm happy to get it set up. I think you can email me from the "contact" tab when you click on my profile, if not, I can post my email. ๐Ÿ™‚ Anne

swissie
                                    Participant

Great idea!

I am 38, stage IIIB with a 4 year old. He was 2.5 when I was diagnosed.

Just had my scan and found out I am still NED.

1 year and 9 months!

My email: [email protected]

swissie
                                      Participant

Great idea!

I am 38, stage IIIB with a 4 year old. He was 2.5 when I was diagnosed.

Just had my scan and found out I am still NED.

1 year and 9 months!

My email: [email protected]

Ali
                                        Participant

Good idea!  I was diagnosed IIIB at 28 with three small children.  It was very hard.  I would love to be in on a support group!

Ali
                                          Participant

Good idea!  I was diagnosed IIIB at 28 with three small children.  It was very hard.  I would love to be in on a support group!

AS123
                                            Participant

Ok, I started a group on Yahoo (Moms with Melanoma) but I think you needs a yahoo account to join. It only took a minute to do and I signed up for mine just to be in a couple of groups, it's not the one I actually use for my email. Once you have your yahoo account, here is the link to join: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MomsWithMelanoma/ It will send me a message for approval, but I'm on my phone checking email all the time so it shouldn't take long! ๐Ÿ™‚ Anne

AS123
                                              Participant

Ok, I started a group on Yahoo (Moms with Melanoma) but I think you needs a yahoo account to join. It only took a minute to do and I signed up for mine just to be in a couple of groups, it's not the one I actually use for my email. Once you have your yahoo account, here is the link to join: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MomsWithMelanoma/ It will send me a message for approval, but I'm on my phone checking email all the time so it shouldn't take long! ๐Ÿ™‚ Anne

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics