The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anti-PDL1 trials

Forums General Melanoma Community Anti-PDL1 trials

• Replies
      JC
      Participant

Sorry, I'm not answering your question; but, I read your profile and it's very scary to think that this happens – about the pathologist missing the melanoma in 2006.  Since my melanoma I've probably had 20-25 biopsies done – many of which came back as mildly atypical, Clarks Nevus, etc…. and since there are so many I don't get second opinions on all of these.  But, if just one is wrong or missed. . it's just scary to think that happens.

JC
        Participant

Sorry, I'm not answering your question; but, I read your profile and it's very scary to think that this happens – about the pathologist missing the melanoma in 2006.  Since my melanoma I've probably had 20-25 biopsies done – many of which came back as mildly atypical, Clarks Nevus, etc…. and since there are so many I don't get second opinions on all of these.  But, if just one is wrong or missed. . it's just scary to think that happens.

JC
          Participant

lhaley
            Participant

I know that the anti-pd1 trial that is listed in NC (about 30 min from Charlotte) is recruiting.  I have a friend that was just accepted into the trial.  I'm not sure where you are located.  This cancer center is about 20 min (I think) from Charlotte's airport.  

If you would like to contact my friend I'd be glad to connect you to him, I've never seen him on this site.  Send me an e-mail.

Linda

s Mom
                Participant

Will do – thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

s Mom
                  Participant

Will do – thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

s Mom
                    Participant

Will do – thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

lhaley
                    Participant

I know that the anti-pd1 trial that is listed in NC (about 30 min from Charlotte) is recruiting.  I have a friend that was just accepted into the trial.  I'm not sure where you are located.  This cancer center is about 20 min (I think) from Charlotte's airport.  

If you would like to contact my friend I'd be glad to connect you to him, I've never seen him on this site.  Send me an e-mail.

Linda

lhaley
                      Participant

Linda

killmel
                        Participant

How is Jeff doing? If I remember is he doing Braf???

Did Braf stop working for Jeff and now you are looking for another treatment. I think that you told us he was going to California to get a second opionion, as well as, seeing Dr. Weber.

Has Jeff picked a doctor to manage his care??

Best of Luck to Jeff.

Beth

s Mom
                            Participant

Hi Beth,

He's doing well on Zelboraf.  Last scan was excellent – 90% reduction in liver tumors and lung mets gone!  He saw Ribas and Hamid out in California and Hodi in Boston.  One oncologist suggested doing a wash and seeing if he would qualify for an anti-pdL  trial (immunotherapy).  We are thinking about it and wanted to know if any folks have had success on the anti-pdL (ligand) trial.  All the docs were great – really helpful and hopeful…liked all of them.

Thanks for the kind words…we're fighting!

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

s Mom
                              Participant

Hi Beth,

He's doing well on Zelboraf.  Last scan was excellent – 90% reduction in liver tumors and lung mets gone!  He saw Ribas and Hamid out in California and Hodi in Boston.  One oncologist suggested doing a wash and seeing if he would qualify for an anti-pdL  trial (immunotherapy).  We are thinking about it and wanted to know if any folks have had success on the anti-pdL (ligand) trial.  All the docs were great – really helpful and hopeful…liked all of them.

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

s Mom
                                Participant

Hi Beth,

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

awillett1991
                                  Participant
                                    Hi Beth. I’ve been lurking out here for awhile and never posted. I see Dr Sosman at Vandy. He is the best. He tried to get me into the Genentech anti pdl1 trial but they won’t take me because I have a cardiac met. I assume you are talking about MPDL 8280a. Last I’d heard from him the jury was still out on if it was working. I do know a person who already progressed out, but she has Lung cancer. No idea if they are recruiting still. Try to ask for Serena Rucker at e clinical trials number. She was great with me, just wasn’t meant to be.
                                    awillett1991
                                    Participant
                                      Hi Beth. I’ve been lurking out here for awhile and never posted. I see Dr Sosman at Vandy. He is the best. He tried to get me into the Genentech anti pdl1 trial but they won’t take me because I have a cardiac met. I assume you are talking about MPDL 8280a. Last I’d heard from him the jury was still out on if it was working. I do know a person who already progressed out, but she has Lung cancer. No idea if they are recruiting still. Try to ask for Serena Rucker at e clinical trials number. She was great with me, just wasn’t meant to be.
                                      awillett1991
                                      Participant
                                      killmel
                                      Participant

Did Braf stop working for Jeff and now you are looking for another treatment. I think that you told us he was going to California to get a second opionion, as well as, seeing Dr. Weber.

Best of Luck to Jeff.

Beth

killmel
                                        Participant

Best of Luck to Jeff.

Beth

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics