The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anti-PD1 trials

Forums General Melanoma Community Anti-PD1 trials

Participant

can anyone tell me where they are doing anti pd1 trials? I'm willing to travel some, but I'd prefer something on the western side of the US.

thanks,

dian in spokane

can anyone tell me where they are doing anti pd1 trials? I'm willing to travel some, but I'd prefer something on the western side of the US.

thanks,

dian in spokane

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        mbaelaporte
        Participant

Anti – PD1 clinical trial  ;  Vannak Cheng  ; U of W ;  Seattle Care Alliance  ;  206 288 7219

I just came aboard here to see what others have to say about this therapy – and I just received paperwork to review for consideration of this trial

All the best

dian in spokane
            Participant

hmmm.. I am looking at a DIFFERENT (I think) anti pd1 trial at SCCA, lead investigator is Dr. Chow. I don't think I found yours during my search ( I don't seem to have the numbers handy) The one I am looking at uses the anti pd 1 drug in combo with IL 21

Is that the same one you are looking at?

thanks,

dian

killmel
              Participant

yes

dian in spokane
                Participant

I think there's a waiting list for that trial

mbaelaporte
                  Participant

Hello  dian…the trial you are refering to appears to be a different trial ( and one I will look into )

The one I'm refering to is not in combo ;  just the Anti PD1 and Dr. Chow does not show on the prospectus.

The  trial is protocol   #BMS CA209-038  and the info in prior post mentions other essentials.

After responding to your post & completing my reading of prospectus I called the Coordinator and he said one of the requirements is that one's insurance co. has knowledge & supports the trial aspect –  he had already made the call to my co. and they denied coverage & do not participate in trials – especially at stage one.  My needle phobic self had been considering all the testing , scans and biopsies etc. ( and potential efficacy ) and hadn't even considered possibilty of not being accepted – quite a blow.

Without my even notifying my oncologist she had heard the unfortunate news & mailed me a message that sounded kind of closed also ( and very considerate ).  This morning was very full getting my daughter off to midwife school in El Paso so in time I will pursue & ask of different avenues – if one can participate if self financed to receiving help from foundations that might participate in the founding of good medicine.  Can't help but think this may be a common problem both for patients & drug companies involved in trials & hopefully there are organizations ready to step up & support this research –  think I will post a query  of this very subject.

For all readers I am one who has been through BRAF therapy in trial phase and through two treatments ( four infusions in three months / treatment )  about 7,8 months apart of Yervoy – any questions?  ask away

All the best,  john

mbaelaporte
                    Participant

Hello  dian…the trial you are refering to appears to be a different trial ( and one I will look into )

The one I'm refering to is not in combo ;  just the Anti PD1 and Dr. Chow does not show on the prospectus.

The  trial is protocol   #BMS CA209-038  and the info in prior post mentions other essentials.

After responding to your post & completing my reading of prospectus I called the Coordinator and he said one of the requirements is that one's insurance co. has knowledge & supports the trial aspect –  he had already made the call to my co. and they denied coverage & do not participate in trials – especially at stage one.  My needle phobic self had been considering all the testing , scans and biopsies etc. ( and potential efficacy ) and hadn't even considered possibilty of not being accepted – quite a blow.

Without my even notifying my oncologist she had heard the unfortunate news & mailed me a message that sounded kind of closed also ( and very considerate ).  This morning was very full getting my daughter off to midwife school in El Paso so in time I will pursue & ask of different avenues – if one can participate if self financed to receiving help from foundations that might participate in the founding of good medicine.  Can't help but think this may be a common problem both for patients & drug companies involved in trials & hopefully there are organizations ready to step up & support this research –  think I will post a query  of this very subject.

For all readers I am one who has been through BRAF therapy in trial phase and through two treatments ( four infusions in three months / treatment )  about 7,8 months apart of Yervoy – any questions?  ask away

All the best,  john

mbaelaporte
                      Participant

All the best,  john

dian in spokane
                        Participant

dian in spokane
                          Participant

killmel
                            Participant

yes

killmel
                              Participant

yes

dian in spokane
                                Participant

hmmm.. I am looking at a DIFFERENT (I think) anti pd1 trial at SCCA, lead investigator is Dr. Chow. I don't think I found yours during my search ( I don't seem to have the numbers handy) The one I am looking at uses the anti pd 1 drug in combo with IL 21

thanks,

dian

dian in spokane
                                  Participant

thanks,

dian

mbaelaporte
                                  Participant

Anti – PD1 clinical trial  ;  Vannak Cheng  ; U of W ;  Seattle Care Alliance  ;  206 288 7219

I just came aboard here to see what others have to say about this therapy – and I just received paperwork to review for consideration of this trial

All the best

mbaelaporte
                                    Participant

All the best

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics