The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

anti pd 1

Forums General Melanoma Community anti pd 1

Participant

brent has failed the anti pd 1 trial.   there is a doctor in area suggesting temador along with radiation.  I need an input plllease.  he is at hospice now trying to get pain under control.

sharonl

brent has failed the anti pd 1 trial.   there is a doctor in area suggesting temador along with radiation.  I need an input plllease.  he is at hospice now trying to get pain under control.

sharonl

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        susanr
        Participant

Did he fail per. the doctors because of pain? Has he progressed?  What are the doctors saying is next step.?  Is this doctor suggesting temador and rad. tx with Brent's current doctors/team at Md Anderson or is he at another practice?  I understand what you are going through 1,000%.  If his current doctors are saying that they can't do anymore and this other doctor is offering another plan…..then go for it.

You probably know that Temodor. like most chemo is not 100%.  Radiation works sometimes. Don't think of the stats… It may work for Brent. There are many on this forum that have had a response to this combo.  The positive thing is that the doctor has another plan/next step for Brent.  If there are options….fight !!!!!  If Brent wants to fight….then fight hard for him !!!!! 

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

susanr
          Participant

Did he fail per. the doctors because of pain? Has he progressed?  What are the doctors saying is next step.?  Is this doctor suggesting temador and rad. tx with Brent's current doctors/team at Md Anderson or is he at another practice?  I understand what you are going through 1,000%.  If his current doctors are saying that they can't do anymore and this other doctor is offering another plan…..then go for it.

You probably know that Temodor. like most chemo is not 100%.  Radiation works sometimes. Don't think of the stats… It may work for Brent. There are many on this forum that have had a response to this combo.  The positive thing is that the doctor has another plan/next step for Brent.  If there are options….fight !!!!!  If Brent wants to fight….then fight hard for him !!!!! 

sharmon
              Participant

god bless for you for your encouragement.  I am so alone with this.  his turmors grew.  The big hospitals are done.  this is a small town guy we saw for pain management for bone met.  brent wants to fight.  he wants to live.  the big hospitals say get him up and around and bring him in.  there may be another trial.   this doctors says the cost is $6,000.00 a month.  I can do that but not for long maybe 2 months. 

POW
                Participant

For what it's worth, Dr. Gibney at Moffitt told my brother (stage IV with brain mets) that if the newer treatments didn't work, the only other thing he could try would be temodar. It has a low response rate but at least it does get into the brain.  

POW
                  Participant

For what it's worth, Dr. Gibney at Moffitt told my brother (stage IV with brain mets) that if the newer treatments didn't work, the only other thing he could try would be temodar. It has a low response rate but at least it does get into the brain.  

POW
                    Participant

sharmon
                      Participant

god bless for you for your encouragement.  I am so alone with this.  his turmors grew.  The big hospitals are done.  this is a small town guy we saw for pain management for bone met.  brent wants to fight.  he wants to live.  the big hospitals say get him up and around and bring him in.  there may be another trial.   this doctors says the cost is $6,000.00 a month.  I can do that but not for long maybe 2 months. 

sharmon
                        Participant

susanr
                        Participant

aldakota22
                          Participant

Sorry that Brent did not get into trial.As long as  he is up to the fight ahead of him  use the  doc who has a plan .The only person who has good odds against melanoma is the person who does not have it.Keeping you both in my prayers.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

Sorry that Brent did not get into trial.As long as  he is up to the fight ahead of him  use the  doc who has a plan .The only person who has good odds against melanoma is the person who does not have it.Keeping you both in my prayers.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

awillett1991
                                Participant
                                  Don’t have any knowledge of Temodar, but just wanted to say I’m sorry he failed the trial, but glad you are on top of a plan for getting the pain under control. Please don’t feel you are ever alone. Melanoma is such a mystery still and many prayers for peace and a plan you are comfortable with, coming your way.
                                  awillett1991
                                  Participant
                                    Don’t have any knowledge of Temodar, but just wanted to say I’m sorry he failed the trial, but glad you are on top of a plan for getting the pain under control. Please don’t feel you are ever alone. Melanoma is such a mystery still and many prayers for peace and a plan you are comfortable with, coming your way.
                                    awillett1991
                                    Participant
                                      Josh
                                      Participant

Sending out healing energy to Brent. 

Josh
                                        Participant

Josh
                                          Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics