The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another Princess — I can’t help it- I love Cinderella stories.

Forums General Melanoma Community Another Princess — I can’t help it- I love Cinderella stories.

Participant

I know many don't care about the Windsor Royal family…but I have a concern/interest and loyalty to the health and well being of Princess Diana's two boys. Everytime I see them, it breaks my heart wishing their Mom had been there for them. Just heard that Prince William is engaged and I started to cry-weird. As a young woman I loved the Diana Cinderella story —even though  the fairytale that didn't work out so well for her. I set my alarm for early in the morning to watch her wedding– seemed so romantic.

I know many don't care about the Windsor Royal family…but I have a concern/interest and loyalty to the health and well being of Princess Diana's two boys. Everytime I see them, it breaks my heart wishing their Mom had been there for them. Just heard that Prince William is engaged and I started to cry-weird. As a young woman I loved the Diana Cinderella story —even though  the fairytale that didn't work out so well for her. I set my alarm for early in the morning to watch her wedding– seemed so romantic.  At the time, I wasn't aware that Diana was hardly a girl plucked out of the local kindergarten teacher pool- she was very familiar with that sort of life. It was interesting to watch her change her style over the years. I adored her later fashion sense-thought she was beautiful and a good Mom.

This is a very cute couple and I hope it works out  for the two of them. I think this girl is lovely- I also just learned her father is a former pilot and her mother a former flight attendant. I'm going through the Royal websites looking for a Prince for my future son-in-law…it  could happen.  I'm trying to find one who lives in a cool weather country. I can't stand humidity and I don't want to visit any hot, sticky, moldy castles.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bonnie Lea
        Participant

Rox there are all sorts of princes, and princesses over the pond.  I was the same as you regarding Princess Diana.  Felt proud and it had been so very long since in my life here in canada we had a YOUNG lovely lady.  I remember the queen when I was about 4 or so.  She came into the base where we lived, and my dad was one of the guards and band members, and we got close up to the princess (maybe queen then)  however, she was with her Handsome (at that time) husband, and later years when I saw the Disney movies,  the prince was PHILLIP.

I hope that William is happy, as one day he will be King and my whole life I think, (I forget when Queen Eliz father died) I have had as monarch a queen.  Nice to have a King. 

TinaR
            Participant

Oh, Bonnie. Now I'm REALLY crying…just saw the 1st photo op after the engagement…he gave her his Mother's beautiful blue sapphire/diamond engagement ring. I remember the same picture of his mother's hand at her engagement announcement … and my mind flashed to the picture of her wearing one of the very few early outfits I liked from the 80's…a brown tweed suit. She wore it at Balmoral after her honeymoon (you can tell I REALLY liked looking at her outfits — I remember so many of them- glommed onto my brain). Boo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I am not much for Hollywood gossip, but I really like watching certain members of the royal families – Spain's Princess Letizia, Monaco's Princess Caroline and Charlotte, Sweden's Princess Madeleine, Japan's  Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko ( soooo cute!). Of all the Hollywood types fashion-wise, I have a fondness for the style of Jennifer Aniston…her style choices ( after her divorce) remind me of the type and body remodeling of Princess Diana after her divorce. Very elegant , simple and highlighting all the best of their age 35+ figures- perfection.

Phillip was VERY handsome when he was younger! (He is an attractive older man today).

TinaR
              Participant

Oh, Bonnie. Now I'm REALLY crying…just saw the 1st photo op after the engagement…he gave her his Mother's beautiful blue sapphire/diamond engagement ring. I remember the same picture of his mother's hand at her engagement announcement … and my mind flashed to the picture of her wearing one of the very few early outfits I liked from the 80's…a brown tweed suit. She wore it at Balmoral after her honeymoon (you can tell I REALLY liked looking at her outfits — I remember so many of them- glommed onto my brain). Boo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I am not much for Hollywood gossip, but I really like watching certain members of the royal families – Spain's Princess Letizia, Monaco's Princess Caroline and Charlotte, Sweden's Princess Madeleine, Japan's  Crown Princess Masako and Princess Aiko ( soooo cute!). Of all the Hollywood types fashion-wise, I have a fondness for the style of Jennifer Aniston…her style choices ( after her divorce) remind me of the type and body remodeling of Princess Diana after her divorce. Very elegant , simple and highlighting all the best of their age 35+ figures- perfection.

Phillip was VERY handsome when he was younger! (He is an attractive older man today).

Bonnie Lea
              Participant

Rox there are all sorts of princes, and princesses over the pond.  I was the same as you regarding Princess Diana.  Felt proud and it had been so very long since in my life here in canada we had a YOUNG lovely lady.  I remember the queen when I was about 4 or so.  She came into the base where we lived, and my dad was one of the guards and band members, and we got close up to the princess (maybe queen then)  however, she was with her Handsome (at that time) husband, and later years when I saw the Disney movies,  the prince was PHILLIP.

I hope that William is happy, as one day he will be King and my whole life I think, (I forget when Queen Eliz father died) I have had as monarch a queen.  Nice to have a King. 

dian in spokane
                Participant

Hey…and this girl is very like the whole fairy tale princess too. A middle class girl. England will go nuts over it all.

dian in spokane
                  Participant

Hey…and this girl is very like the whole fairy tale princess too. A middle class girl. England will go nuts over it all.

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh   I just now read that William has given Kate his mothers engagment ring.  the oval saffire with diamonds around it.  I remember that so well, made me want to get a saffire ring, so we did.  (long ago my wee diamond ring came to a cruel end.  (diamond down the drain, fell right out of the clasp.  (but the ring was over 35 years old, so I had been rough I suppose.   So with some money given to me, we picked out a new one.  (def not inn the calibur of Diana's but OOOH this is sweet.

TinaR
                        Participant

Looks like our posts crossed!  My sister just lost her engagement diamond…fell out of the setting. I lost the ruby stone from the ring my husband gave me after Adam was born. I have since replaced it –but it's just not the same and I never wear the ring. I also don't wear my engagement/wedding rings since learning of my sister's loss. I should as what is the use of having jewelry if you don't wear it…but I want Rachel to have it and I am nervous- the stone has fallen out before. While  cleaning up broken glass in the basement…just as I was about to sweep it into the bin the phone rang and I went up to answer, noticed the empty setting and was sick about it. Searched everywhere and then went downstairs to finish cleaning. I bent down to sweep the glass into the dustpan and noticed a pointy, really sparkly piece – it was my diamond! I was so happy. Wore it for years after…until my sister lost hers.

Diana's ring is GORGEOUS. I remember she said she picked it because it was the largest one in the tray ( smart girl ). Maybe only girly girls think this story is charming…one of my sisters called a bit ago and said, 'yeah, I guess you're all teary eyed goofy about the prince, huh? I knew you'd be idiotic about it all "   Nice, eh? She is very… blah.

TinaR
                          Participant

Looks like our posts crossed!  My sister just lost her engagement diamond…fell out of the setting. I lost the ruby stone from the ring my husband gave me after Adam was born. I have since replaced it –but it's just not the same and I never wear the ring. I also don't wear my engagement/wedding rings since learning of my sister's loss. I should as what is the use of having jewelry if you don't wear it…but I want Rachel to have it and I am nervous- the stone has fallen out before. While  cleaning up broken glass in the basement…just as I was about to sweep it into the bin the phone rang and I went up to answer, noticed the empty setting and was sick about it. Searched everywhere and then went downstairs to finish cleaning. I bent down to sweep the glass into the dustpan and noticed a pointy, really sparkly piece – it was my diamond! I was so happy. Wore it for years after…until my sister lost hers.

Diana's ring is GORGEOUS. I remember she said she picked it because it was the largest one in the tray ( smart girl ). Maybe only girly girls think this story is charming…one of my sisters called a bit ago and said, 'yeah, I guess you're all teary eyed goofy about the prince, huh? I knew you'd be idiotic about it all "   Nice, eh? She is very… blah.

DebbieH
                            Participant

Oh I love all this stuff.  It's nice to hear this amongst the terrible news that's always on. 

GMA was saying that although she's considered more of a "commoner" than Diana, her father is still worth millions, investments I think?  So, not exactly a common commer – lol.  I remember reading of Diana's family and she was actually MORE connected to royalty than her husband.  Her ring WAS just beautiful – I'm glad this one got it and I hope they live happily ever after. 

Deb

TinaR
                              Participant

They own a party business…paper products, etc. Who knew paper plates were so lucrative?! You can have millions and millions from your dealing drugs (or  Nascar memorabilia;) and still be a very common  commoner-ha! Also news anchor mentioned  her great great grandfather was a coal-miner. She is adorable and I like her voice. I remember that as much as I liked Diana…her voice always surprised me.

TinaR
                                Participant

They own a party business…paper products, etc. Who knew paper plates were so lucrative?! You can have millions and millions from your dealing drugs (or  Nascar memorabilia;) and still be a very common  commoner-ha! Also news anchor mentioned  her great great grandfather was a coal-miner. She is adorable and I like her voice. I remember that as much as I liked Diana…her voice always surprised me.

DebbieH
                                  Participant

Oh I love all this stuff.  It's nice to hear this amongst the terrible news that's always on. 

GMA was saying that although she's considered more of a "commoner" than Diana, her father is still worth millions, investments I think?  So, not exactly a common commer – lol.  I remember reading of Diana's family and she was actually MORE connected to royalty than her husband.  Her ring WAS just beautiful – I'm glad this one got it and I hope they live happily ever after. 

Deb

Bonnie Lea
                                  Participant

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh   I just now read that William has given Kate his mothers engagment ring.  the oval saffire with diamonds around it.  I remember that so well, made me want to get a saffire ring, so we did.  (long ago my wee diamond ring came to a cruel end.  (diamond down the drain, fell right out of the clasp.  (but the ring was over 35 years old, so I had been rough I suppose.   So with some money given to me, we picked out a new one.  (def not inn the calibur of Diana's but OOOH this is sweet.

jag
                                    Participant

He could always lop off her head if she isn't popping out sons to carry on the name. 

(hey it's happened before in that family)

dian in spokane
                                        Participant

I'm not up on the English Monarchy, but I think they did away with that practice a few years ago…

jag
                                          Participant

Just saying.

dian in spokane
                                            Participant

Maybe they could lop the heads off of some of those DWTS fanatics. Honestly..such a buncha caterwaullling on FB today!

jag
                                              Participant

DWTS? never joined facebook.

dian in spokane
                                                Participant

DWTS=Dancing with the Stars.

I'm always a little amazed at the dither

jag
                                                  Participant

Oh, did you notice I don't text much either?

jag
                                                    Participant

Oh, did you notice I don't text much either?

dian in spokane
                                                      Participant

DWTS=Dancing with the Stars.

I'm always a little amazed at the dither

jag
                                                        Participant

DWTS? never joined facebook.

dian in spokane
                                                          Participant

Maybe they could lop the heads off of some of those DWTS fanatics. Honestly..such a buncha caterwaullling on FB today!

jag
                                                            Participant

Just saying.

dian in spokane
                                                              Participant

I'm not up on the English Monarchy, but I think they did away with that practice a few years ago…

jag
                                                              Participant

He could always lop off her head if she isn't popping out sons to carry on the name. 

(hey it's happened before in that family)

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics