The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another NEDversary

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Another NEDversary

Participant
      Still kicking! 10 years post diagnosis stage 2b Desmoplastic Neurotropic Melanoma (amelanotic) ( Stage 4 – 4.5yrs.) (NED 4yrs.) and post treatment 3.5yrs. My new profile pic is my bucket list Bucket Mouth I caught last fall. 10 pounds 2 ounces.(released unharmed). Been fishing for one 30+yrs. Melanoma has a way of lighting a fire under your ass to accomplish stuff quick! I love everyone on this forum… and to those deep in the fight? YOU WILL BEAT THIS!

Best, Paul

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        MelMel
        Participant
          Congratulations on your NED anniversary and just keep them coming! It’s interesting how a battle with this beast puts life into perspective almost instantaneously. Here is to living life to the fullest! By the way, this is definitely one large Bass!
          Melanie
          Julie in SoCal
          Participant
            This is wonderful news, Paul! And that’s one mighty fine fish!

Happy dancing with you here in SoCal!
            Julie

Bubbles
            Participant
              Oh, Paul! That’s so good to hear. Glad you got a pic of that Tall Fish Tale!!! HA!! I’ve spent years taking care of children smaller than that one! I wonder what’s next on your list! Whatever it is – ENJOY! Love, c
              ed williams
              Participant
                Hi Paul, great to hear from you!!! I went back and read some of your old post’s and went down memory lane for a few minutes. I don’t know about you, but it seems like a life time ago reading old post and trying to remember what life was like back then. Glad you were able to check off a bucket list item, keep us up to date on the next one on your list!!! Ed
                AMcReader
                Participant
                  There’s no anniversary I like more than a NED-versary! So happy to read this news! Cheers to you!
                  BillB
                  Participant
                    Love to hear about NEDversarys! Congrats.
                    Bill
                    sandyd77
                    Participant
                      Congratulations. It is so encouraging to hear good news! Very happy for you.

jbronicki
                      Participant
                        Congratulations Paul, there is no better anniversary to celebrate than a NEDversary! That is an incredible catch!
                        jbronicki
                        Participant
                          Congratulations Paul, there is no better anniversary to celebrate than a NEDversary! That is an incredible catch!
                            jrtufo
                            Participant
                              I second Jackie! Nothing better than a NEDversary!
                        Viewing 8 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics