The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another good Scan

Forums General Melanoma Community Another good Scan

• Replies
      Erinmay22
      Participant

So – I'm not sure why what I worte didn't show up!  I started Merck's pd1 Keytruda trial Jan 2013.  I had 3 month scans the week of Thanksgiving.  I continue to have nothing new or growing!  Just thought I'd share that info as some encouragement!

I will continue to do the treatment every 3 weeks.  Jan will mark 2 years on this trial!  I have a few other updates here: http://melanomaandthecity.blogspot.com/2014/11/scan-results-in.html.

Hope everyone has a safe and fabulous holiday season!
        Erin

Erinmay22
        Participant

So – I'm not sure why what I worte didn't show up!  I started Merck's pd1 Keytruda trial Jan 2013.  I had 3 month scans the week of Thanksgiving.  I continue to have nothing new or growing!  Just thought I'd share that info as some encouragement!

I will continue to do the treatment every 3 weeks.  Jan will mark 2 years on this trial!  I have a few other updates here: http://melanomaandthecity.blogspot.com/2014/11/scan-results-in.html.

Erin

Erinmay22
          Participant

Erin

Linny
              Participant

Woohoo!!! That is great news, Erin!!!

Linny
                Participant

Linny
                  Participant

jbronicki
                  Participant

Wonderful news! Can't wait to hear more great news!  

jbronicki
                    Participant

jbronicki
                      Participant

DZnDef
                        Participant

Fantastic news, Erin.  Very happy for you!

DZnDef
                          Participant

DZnDef
                            Participant

BrianP
                              Participant

Erin, congrats on your awesome news. 

I'm curious about your continuing treatment. Was your trial originally a 2 year trial and now indef?  Were you always every 3 weeks or did it change to that. 

Congrats again. If I remember correctly you had intestine mets like me and we've had very similar responses. You're about 7 months ahead of me on the treatment. 

Brian

BrianP
                                Participant

I'm curious about your continuing treatment. Was your trial originally a 2 year trial and now indef?  Were you always every 3 weeks or did it change to that. 

Congrats again. If I remember correctly you had intestine mets like me and we've had very similar responses. You're about 7 months ahead of me on the treatment. 

Brian

Erinmay22
                                    Participant

Thanks!   The trial paperwork is tricky. No real end date in mine.  I started at 3 weeks. My trial was for those that failed ipi and randomized to high dose or low dose.  I got the low.  After about 6 months they changed it to new folks all getting same dose but randomized to 2 weeks or 3.  I stayed @ 3 weeks!

you have a great memory!!   Yes, last major surgery was October 2010 for intestine met.  They couldn't remove everything.  ( melanoma in lymph nodes near small intestine). 

hope you're doing well!

Erin

Erinmay22
                                      Participant

Thanks!   The trial paperwork is tricky. No real end date in mine.  I started at 3 weeks. My trial was for those that failed ipi and randomized to high dose or low dose.  I got the low.  After about 6 months they changed it to new folks all getting same dose but randomized to 2 weeks or 3.  I stayed @ 3 weeks!

you have a great memory!!   Yes, last major surgery was October 2010 for intestine met.  They couldn't remove everything.  ( melanoma in lymph nodes near small intestine). 

hope you're doing well!

Erin

vivian
                                        Participant

Erin, 

I am so happy to read this!  Honestly, I was thinking about you this very morning and wondering how you were doing, and here is the answer.  Yay!!!!

Best,

Lear

vivian
                                          Participant

Erin, 

I am so happy to read this!  Honestly, I was thinking about you this very morning and wondering how you were doing, and here is the answer.  Yay!!!!

Best,

Lear

vivian
                                            Participant

Erin, 

Best,

Lear

Erinmay22
                                              Participant

hope you're doing well!

Erin

BrianP
                                              Participant

Brian

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics