The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Amy Busby

Forums General Melanoma Community Amy Busby

Participant

Every time I have talked, called or seen  Amy B, it has always been "Amy B, how you be sweet Pea ?"" because she has always been the daughter I never had

.She always gave me either a sterling smile, upbeat optimistic look forward or shared a secret darkness that goes unsaid

No, Amy is not dead; but after speaking with Dennis on the phone miinutes ago, Amy has done every thing she can and will do what is best for her and her family.

Every time I have talked, called or seen  Amy B, it has always been "Amy B, how you be sweet Pea ?"" because she has always been the daughter I never had

.She always gave me either a sterling smile, upbeat optimistic look forward or shared a secret darkness that goes unsaid

No, Amy is not dead; but after speaking with Dennis on the phone miinutes ago, Amy has done every thing she can and will do what is best for her and her family.

The possible trials are all out the window…………………(editorial)..after, I might add that they gave her hope, but full well knew her medical history in advance,  and after weeks , turned her down because of her medical history (wtf is UP with that?)

I told Dennis, and I meant it, that he has balls of steel to keep it all together right now.

He has made arrangements with Hospice so that Amy can be, as she is now, at home and as comfortable as possible.

Please keep Amy, Dennis and all of their family in your thoughts as they traverse the hills, mountains and valleys while they all reach and cling  for one more sunrise and sunset………………..no matter how difficult it may be.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, AMY B…………..how you be be sweet Pea??????

smoch

Charlie S

Viewing 57 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Charlie,

I had read the post on Amy's facebook page, I had hoped that you had talked to Dennis.  My heart is breaking for their young family.

Amy is the most positive person I've ever had the honor to meet. 

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Charlie,

I had read the post on Amy's facebook page, I had hoped that you had talked to Dennis.  My heart is breaking for their young family.

Amy is the most positive person I've ever had the honor to meet. 

Linda

KatyWI
            Participant

Hard to say much to that, 'cept….Amy, we all love you!

Charlie, thanks for the update.

KatyWI
              Participant

Hard to say much to that, 'cept….Amy, we all love you!

Charlie, thanks for the update.

KellieSue
                Participant

Damn those trials! I hate all the politics!

I'm so sad to hear this. Amy has always been so positive in each of her posts. I always looked forward to reading her posts.

Kellie(from Iowa)

KellieSue
                  Participant

Damn those trials! I hate all the politics!

I'm so sad to hear this. Amy has always been so positive in each of her posts. I always looked forward to reading her posts.

Kellie(from Iowa)

Wife of Carl
                    Participant

Amy has been an inspiration to all of us on this board.  She has always been graceful, brave and courageous throughout her battle.  May God surround her and her family with his peace and love during this difficult time.

Pat

Wife of Carl
                      Participant

Amy has been an inspiration to all of us on this board.  She has always been graceful, brave and courageous throughout her battle.  May God surround her and her family with his peace and love during this difficult time.

Pat

leni currie
                        Participant

I hear ya, Charlie.  Still praying for a miracle – Amy has touched so many lives – our Tahoe trip will forever be in my memory espeically seeing a bear right outside our condo when NancyD and i were leavng so early one moring to take Amy to the airport. 

Love and strength to Amy, Dennis and the kids +.

leni currie
                          Participant

I hear ya, Charlie.  Still praying for a miracle – Amy has touched so many lives – our Tahoe trip will forever be in my memory espeically seeing a bear right outside our condo when NancyD and i were leavng so early one moring to take Amy to the airport. 

Love and strength to Amy, Dennis and the kids +.

Vermont_Donna
                              Participant

So sorry to hear this news. She recently friended me (my request) on facebook and I have been checking her facebook page…so after reading this post I went back and read all the many many comments and outpouring of love. What a wonderful and marvelous woman and melanoma warrior…our lives are enriched because of Amy. Hugs to the family and my love to Amy.

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                                Participant

So sorry to hear this news. She recently friended me (my request) on facebook and I have been checking her facebook page…so after reading this post I went back and read all the many many comments and outpouring of love. What a wonderful and marvelous woman and melanoma warrior…our lives are enriched because of Amy. Hugs to the family and my love to Amy.

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Laurie from maine
                                  Participant

Hi,

Thank you for posting.  Amy has been in my prayers every night since she started the Braf trial.  She is such an inspiration to me and a true warrior.  She does a great job of posting and letting everyone know what was going on with trials and symptoms etc but kept it upbeat, very inspirational.   I always look for her posts and knew if anyone could beat this she could she is strong and brave and kind.  I will add her family along with her to my prayers.

Thank you

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for posting.  Amy has been in my prayers every night since she started the Braf trial.  She is such an inspiration to me and a true warrior.  She does a great job of posting and letting everyone know what was going on with trials and symptoms etc but kept it upbeat, very inspirational.   I always look for her posts and knew if anyone could beat this she could she is strong and brave and kind.  I will add her family along with her to my prayers.

Thank you

laurie from maine

Lori C
                                    Participant

Thank you Charlie, for letting us know this.

I am very sad to hear this.   Amy's endless courage and words of encouragement always left me in awe.   She and her family will be in my thoughts & prayers,  and may there be nothing but peace for all of them.

Lori C
                                      Participant

Thank you Charlie, for letting us know this.

I am very sad to hear this.   Amy's endless courage and words of encouragement always left me in awe.   She and her family will be in my thoughts & prayers,  and may there be nothing but peace for all of them.

AS123
                                        Participant

No, no no! This is heartbreaking to read. I've only been on the forum since January, but have searched back quite a bit through old posts and was always inspired by Amy's positive attitude and desire to help others. She is a fighter! She and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue to pray for a miracle! 

AS123
                                          Participant

No, no no! This is heartbreaking to read. I've only been on the forum since January, but have searched back quite a bit through old posts and was always inspired by Amy's positive attitude and desire to help others. She is a fighter! She and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue to pray for a miracle! 

alicia
                                            Participant
                                              My heart aches to hear this. Thanks Charlie for the post you may not remember me but when I was first diagnosed in 2006 you and Amy responded to a lot of my posts. Amy actually emailed me because we were both 3a and I was getting ready to start interferon, which had a lot of the same problems she went thru on that treatment. Amy if you read this I just want you to know that my heart hurts to hear this news you are such an amazing person, with phenomenal strength and you have inspired me tremendously. You have such grace and I pray for peace to surround you and your family. I know you ate so far away from me here in ky but please Charlie let us know if there is anything we can do. My family would love to help. Much love, prayers, and peace to you all

Alicia B

alicia
                                              Participant
                                                My heart aches to hear this. Thanks Charlie for the post you may not remember me but when I was first diagnosed in 2006 you and Amy responded to a lot of my posts. Amy actually emailed me because we were both 3a and I was getting ready to start interferon, which had a lot of the same problems she went thru on that treatment. Amy if you read this I just want you to know that my heart hurts to hear this news you are such an amazing person, with phenomenal strength and you have inspired me tremendously. You have such grace and I pray for peace to surround you and your family. I know you ate so far away from me here in ky but please Charlie let us know if there is anything we can do. My family would love to help. Much love, prayers, and peace to you all

Alicia B

Bonnie Lea
                                                Participant

thankyou Charlie, I read it on FB and I just cannot believe our Amy.  May the good Lord and whomever else, guard her and watch over her and keep her family safe and always to have rememberances of one very special young woman with GUTS.

She did in fact stick out her neck in days long past, and helped many of us, deal.  Knowing her through this board, and through the other boards, I have always had the utmost love and respect.

It will always continue.

Bless you Amy and Dennis and family.

Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                                                  Participant

thankyou Charlie, I read it on FB and I just cannot believe our Amy.  May the good Lord and whomever else, guard her and watch over her and keep her family safe and always to have rememberances of one very special young woman with GUTS.

She did in fact stick out her neck in days long past, and helped many of us, deal.  Knowing her through this board, and through the other boards, I have always had the utmost love and respect.

It will always continue.

Bless you Amy and Dennis and family.

Bonnie Lea

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for posting this, although I am very, very sad to hear the news.  

Amy, you have been a blessing to all of us here on the melanoma boards.  May your time be filled with peace, good times with your family and absence of pain.

Best wishes,

ellen – dad's daughter

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for posting this, although I am very, very sad to hear the news.  

Amy, you have been a blessing to all of us here on the melanoma boards.  May your time be filled with peace, good times with your family and absence of pain.

Best wishes,

ellen – dad's daughter

BarbieGirl
                                                    Participant

Charlie, thank you for posting.  It's been a few weeks since I talked to Amy.  Spring break was last week, and I had her on my mind all week.  My heart's breaking—I just knew if anyone could beat this crap, it'd be our Amy.  Not to say I'm giving up hope, there is ALWAYS HOPE!!!  But she's tired… so tired.  My heart and prayers go out to Amy, Dennis, and their family and friends.

Amy B. truly is a Sweet Pea.  And one helluva warrior. 

Amy, I will always treasure and cherish the times we've been together.. the TX bash; you coming to my house and us talking about barbies; seeing you in Houston at the "Thriller" event, and flying to Tahoe with ya and spending time with you there.  I'm just so sorry we didn't get to make our "Vegas" trip.  I love you, my dear, dear friend.  Always and forever.

~Lisa~ 

BarbieGirl
                                                      Participant

Charlie, thank you for posting.  It's been a few weeks since I talked to Amy.  Spring break was last week, and I had her on my mind all week.  My heart's breaking—I just knew if anyone could beat this crap, it'd be our Amy.  Not to say I'm giving up hope, there is ALWAYS HOPE!!!  But she's tired… so tired.  My heart and prayers go out to Amy, Dennis, and their family and friends.

Amy B. truly is a Sweet Pea.  And one helluva warrior. 

Amy, I will always treasure and cherish the times we've been together.. the TX bash; you coming to my house and us talking about barbies; seeing you in Houston at the "Thriller" event, and flying to Tahoe with ya and spending time with you there.  I'm just so sorry we didn't get to make our "Vegas" trip.  I love you, my dear, dear friend.  Always and forever.

~Lisa~ 

Carole K
                                                        Participant

Dear Charlie,

Thank you so much for posting about sweet sweet Amy.  this is just too sad and the only thing I can say that would be positive is that Amy will be an angel along with her dearest  friend Shannon, Butterfly Mom.  They were so close and traveled a similar journey.   I had the pleasure of meeting Amy  last year and she is a sweetheart.  She talked about Dennis and her family and how blessed she was.  She is amazing and can teach us so much. 

As you and I know loosing this battle is never easy, but, especailly for someone so young , so positive and so full of life.  I think of so many now.. Lesley F, Marie's Ed, Shannon, Dat and Jackie's son., Johno, Mary P, Mike from Phila. and on and on.   It breaks my heart.  All we can do for Amy now is to keep spreading the word about this dreadful disease and hope that because of her others are spared .

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES. 

Again, thank you and may we all pray for a miracle.

Love and Light

carole

Carole K
                                                          Participant

Dear Charlie,

Thank you so much for posting about sweet sweet Amy.  this is just too sad and the only thing I can say that would be positive is that Amy will be an angel along with her dearest  friend Shannon, Butterfly Mom.  They were so close and traveled a similar journey.   I had the pleasure of meeting Amy  last year and she is a sweetheart.  She talked about Dennis and her family and how blessed she was.  She is amazing and can teach us so much. 

As you and I know loosing this battle is never easy, but, especailly for someone so young , so positive and so full of life.  I think of so many now.. Lesley F, Marie's Ed, Shannon, Dat and Jackie's son., Johno, Mary P, Mike from Phila. and on and on.   It breaks my heart.  All we can do for Amy now is to keep spreading the word about this dreadful disease and hope that because of her others are spared .

I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES. 

Again, thank you and may we all pray for a miracle.

Love and Light

carole

akls
                                                            Participant

Amy is such a huge part of this board.  Her advice and knowledge has helped so many.  I pray for help with her pain management and for her family.  They have all fought so hard.  My heart is breaking.  She is such a stong fighter.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                                              Participant

Amy is such a huge part of this board.  Her advice and knowledge has helped so many.  I pray for help with her pain management and for her family.  They have all fought so hard.  My heart is breaking.  She is such a stong fighter.

Amy S. in Michigan

Jim M.
                                                                Participant

Since I've been on this board Amy has been an inspiration to me and to so many. My heart is breaking as well. I pray for God's guidance, strength and peace in her and Dennis' lives.

Jim M.

Jim M.
                                                                  Participant

Since I've been on this board Amy has been an inspiration to me and to so many. My heart is breaking as well. I pray for God's guidance, strength and peace in her and Dennis' lives.

Jim M.

SuzannefromCA
                                                                    Participant

I hate this damn disease! I have lost so many people that have touched my life to melanoma. One was my Biochemotherapy roommate that went through 18 months of hell to get better and this just is not fair! Amy has been a strong positive inspiration for us all and she continues to do so with grace and dignity.

I will pray harder than ever that her journey will be comfortable.

Thank you for posting, Charlie, I just read the post on Facebook. When you talk to Dennis again, please send our love to her.

~Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
                                                                      Participant

I hate this damn disease! I have lost so many people that have touched my life to melanoma. One was my Biochemotherapy roommate that went through 18 months of hell to get better and this just is not fair! Amy has been a strong positive inspiration for us all and she continues to do so with grace and dignity.

Thank you for posting, Charlie, I just read the post on Facebook. When you talk to Dennis again, please send our love to her.

~Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
                                                                        Participant

~Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
                                                                          Participant

~Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
                                                                            Participant

~Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
                                                                              Participant

~Suzanne

King
                                                                                Participant

I was one of the fortunate ones that met Amy in person at the Texas Bash.  And like many others, I have followed her posts for years on MPIP and have exchanged emails with Amy.  She has been so brave and is an amazing inspiration.

I am keeping Amy and her family close in my thoughts and prayers.  Amy's comfort and peace for all….

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                                                                  Participant

I was one of the fortunate ones that met Amy in person at the Texas Bash.  And like many others, I have followed her posts for years on MPIP and have exchanged emails with Amy.  She has been so brave and is an amazing inspiration.

I am keeping Amy and her family close in my thoughts and prayers.  Amy's comfort and peace for all….

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

CatLvrBBW
                                                                                    Participant

Thanks Charlie, I too saw her facebook update and had to come back to the place we met.  Amy, Shannon and I were all diagnoses about the same time.  Amy is such a warrior, but I know that she is tired.  I pray that God is with Amy and all of her family -as well as all of us- as she shows us how to continue the fight against melanoma. 

Diana   (aka CatLvrBBW)

CatLvrBBW
                                                                                      Participant

Thanks Charlie, I too saw her facebook update and had to come back to the place we met.  Amy, Shannon and I were all diagnoses about the same time.  Amy is such a warrior, but I know that she is tired.  I pray that God is with Amy and all of her family -as well as all of us- as she shows us how to continue the fight against melanoma. 

Diana   (aka CatLvrBBW)

MaryD
                                                                                        Participant

I have had Amy on my mind and read her Facebook page as well.  She has fought this beast with every fiber of her being and in the face of that, has been a support to all.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her dear family during this difficult but precious time.

Mary

MaryD
                                                                                          Participant

I have had Amy on my mind and read her Facebook page as well.  She has fought this beast with every fiber of her being and in the face of that, has been a support to all.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her dear family during this difficult but precious time.

Mary

Rocco
                                                                                            Participant

Charlie,

Thanks for the post.  I received an update notice from Amy's CarePage as well with the news.  I,  like so many others have followed Amy's journey over the years by way of her posts on MPIP.  Her posts helped me during my trying times with this disease.   Despite everything Amy always seemed upbeat and positive.  Ready to take on the next treatment or trial – whatever it takes to try and beat this f-ing disease.  Its so difficult to hear that her journey has taken this turn.   Prayers and good thoughts are sent to our beloved Amy, husband Dennis, their kids and their entire extended family. 

-Rocco

Rocco
                                                                                              Participant

Charlie,

Thanks for the post.  I received an update notice from Amy's CarePage as well with the news.  I,  like so many others have followed Amy's journey over the years by way of her posts on MPIP.  Her posts helped me during my trying times with this disease.   Despite everything Amy always seemed upbeat and positive.  Ready to take on the next treatment or trial – whatever it takes to try and beat this f-ing disease.  Its so difficult to hear that her journey has taken this turn.   Prayers and good thoughts are sent to our beloved Amy, husband Dennis, their kids and their entire extended family. 

-Rocco

Sharyn
                                                                                                Participant

Thank you Charlie for this update, albeit a deeply sad one. Amy has been my hero and inspiration since I joined the MPIP family in 2007, already 1 year into my own journey. I have followed her lead in relentless researching for workable trials and treatments, and I have been so inspired by her stick-to-it-ness as she ventured into yet another treatment. I hate the politics and protocols of trials. While I understand why they're in place, I think there should be a point where one can leave a trial to follow protocol, but still have the drug available to them if it is at all helpful. Amy has never given up unless she was forced to by rules and regulations. But even then, she always found a new treatment to try. She has been an incredible example of full participation in her own treatment and self-advocacy. I never had the privilege of personally meeting Amy, but through this board, I feel like I know her. My heart is breaking that her journey has come to this point. I'm still praying for a miracle.

God bless you Amy!

Warm affectionate hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Sharyn
                                                                                                  Participant

Thank you Charlie for this update, albeit a deeply sad one. Amy has been my hero and inspiration since I joined the MPIP family in 2007, already 1 year into my own journey. I have followed her lead in relentless researching for workable trials and treatments, and I have been so inspired by her stick-to-it-ness as she ventured into yet another treatment. I hate the politics and protocols of trials. While I understand why they're in place, I think there should be a point where one can leave a trial to follow protocol, but still have the drug available to them if it is at all helpful. Amy has never given up unless she was forced to by rules and regulations. But even then, she always found a new treatment to try. She has been an incredible example of full participation in her own treatment and self-advocacy. I never had the privilege of personally meeting Amy, but through this board, I feel like I know her. My heart is breaking that her journey has come to this point. I'm still praying for a miracle.

God bless you Amy!

Warm affectionate hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Sherron
                                                                                                    Participant

Oh, sweet, precious Amy….you have been such an encouragement to others….Your story touched me so, your bravery, you, just you, who you are, your determination, your fight, your love of life and family.  My mother and I made you the blue-jean quilt, which I even saw in one of your pictures….Please pull that little quilt up close and know my mother and I love you and are sending you very warm hugs and prayers.  May God bless you as you begin this journey.  I know your faith is deep..Hold on to God's hand…He will lead you…I have been holding on tightly to God's hand since the angels came and took Jim to heaven….My faith is stronger than ever.  God is good. 

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
                                                                                                      Participant

Oh, sweet, precious Amy….you have been such an encouragement to others….Your story touched me so, your bravery, you, just you, who you are, your determination, your fight, your love of life and family.  My mother and I made you the blue-jean quilt, which I even saw in one of your pictures….Please pull that little quilt up close and know my mother and I love you and are sending you very warm hugs and prayers.  May God bless you as you begin this journey.  I know your faith is deep..Hold on to God's hand…He will lead you…I have been holding on tightly to God's hand since the angels came and took Jim to heaven….My faith is stronger than ever.  God is good. 

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Father is stage IV
                                                                                                        Participant

I am so very sorry to hear this.  Dear Amy, I've missed your helpful and upbeat posts on this board.  Sending you love from California.

Krista Hobbs

Father is stage IV
                                                                                                          Participant

I am so very sorry to hear this.  Dear Amy, I've missed your helpful and upbeat posts on this board.  Sending you love from California.

Krista Hobbs

ValinMtl
                                                                                                            Participant

Arriving home last night after a long trip, I logged on to MPIP and only to be so terribly shaken by this devastating news that I went straight to bed feeling too overwhelmed to respond. I laid in bed and thought about our brave Amy for a long time unable to sleep, I am praying for her and her young family…may there be a miracle! 

When I first joined in 2008, I remember Amy was dealing with her lymphedema and she provided us all with so much information that many need.  Her generous spirit and positive attitude is truly appreciated.  As Charlie says, what is up with the promises and then continued let downs.  Val,

ValinMtl
                                                                                                              Participant

Arriving home last night after a long trip, I logged on to MPIP and only to be so terribly shaken by this devastating news that I went straight to bed feeling too overwhelmed to respond. I laid in bed and thought about our brave Amy for a long time unable to sleep, I am praying for her and her young family…may there be a miracle! 

When I first joined in 2008, I remember Amy was dealing with her lymphedema and she provided us all with so much information that many need.  Her generous spirit and positive attitude is truly appreciated.  As Charlie says, what is up with the promises and then continued let downs.  Val,

GiniaJM
                                                                                                                Participant

Ah Charlie: You have walked this walk so many times with dear ones you've met through MPIP, only to lose these precious beings along the way to this awful Beast called melanoma. I know that this hurts you, to watch our beloved Amy begin her own journey to this direction. She is not letting melanoma defeat her….Amy is much too strong of a warrior to have let this disease win after this long of a fight. She is instead doing what she needs to do to pass on to her new journey.

Amy is a strong Christian and has always  been so inspirational to others in their own walk. She is bound to reap rewards beyond what we can imagine, and those of us left behind will know that we've met one of the most special angels here on earth that one could meet.

I too believe in miracles,but I don't see that this is one of those times when they will happen. We can never see sense in "senseless" issues, but I believe there is a stronger purpose in meeting and learning to love a person like Amy. Her mission seems to have been to be an inspiration to many, a friend to all she met along this journey and she will remain one of my own personal favorite people I have been blessed to know, ever. She was my first melanoma friend (met in person friend), and we first met at MD Anderson after meeting here on MPIP the first year of our diagnoses. Both of us were Stage IIIc. Amy KNEW that melanoma would be back and sheactually had another melanoma occur but it was caught early, if I remember correctly. But then the initial mel came back with a vengeance.I doubt she was shocked but more likely dismayed. And Amy has given it her all, this fight with Mel.

I so hate to see her in this situation, but she has shown us all what a Warrior must be like to make a difference. Amy, I will always have you with me in my heart. Charlie, thank you for posting this for those that were unaware of this new situation and also for we Old Warriors that have known Amy for so long now. There is comfort in numbers and many of us here have only met on MPIP, but are old friends and co warriors. May God keep all of you close, and Amy, Dennis and their family closer still.

GiniaJM
                                                                                                                  Participant

Ah Charlie: You have walked this walk so many times with dear ones you've met through MPIP, only to lose these precious beings along the way to this awful Beast called melanoma. I know that this hurts you, to watch our beloved Amy begin her own journey to this direction. She is not letting melanoma defeat her….Amy is much too strong of a warrior to have let this disease win after this long of a fight. She is instead doing what she needs to do to pass on to her new journey.

Amy is a strong Christian and has always  been so inspirational to others in their own walk. She is bound to reap rewards beyond what we can imagine, and those of us left behind will know that we've met one of the most special angels here on earth that one could meet.

I too believe in miracles,but I don't see that this is one of those times when they will happen. We can never see sense in "senseless" issues, but I believe there is a stronger purpose in meeting and learning to love a person like Amy. Her mission seems to have been to be an inspiration to many, a friend to all she met along this journey and she will remain one of my own personal favorite people I have been blessed to know, ever. She was my first melanoma friend (met in person friend), and we first met at MD Anderson after meeting here on MPIP the first year of our diagnoses. Both of us were Stage IIIc. Amy KNEW that melanoma would be back and sheactually had another melanoma occur but it was caught early, if I remember correctly. But then the initial mel came back with a vengeance.I doubt she was shocked but more likely dismayed. And Amy has given it her all, this fight with Mel.

I so hate to see her in this situation, but she has shown us all what a Warrior must be like to make a difference. Amy, I will always have you with me in my heart. Charlie, thank you for posting this for those that were unaware of this new situation and also for we Old Warriors that have known Amy for so long now. There is comfort in numbers and many of us here have only met on MPIP, but are old friends and co warriors. May God keep all of you close, and Amy, Dennis and their family closer still.

mike_nj
                                                                                                                    Participant

We were all wondering about Amy.  We met her in Chapel Hill a few years back at the bash sponsored by Charlie S,

This hospice news saddens me and my family as we all remember her courage then and now. 

mike_nj
                                                                                                                      Participant

We were all wondering about Amy.  We met her in Chapel Hill a few years back at the bash sponsored by Charlie S,

This hospice news saddens me and my family as we all remember her courage then and now. 

premedy
                                                                                                                        Participant

I never thought I would laugh out loud while trying to get information on fighting a deadly cancer.  I also never thought I would find a light to follow on the  path to NED on a message board. Man am I lucky I got to read her posts.

premedy
                                                                                                                          Participant

I never thought I would laugh out loud while trying to get information on fighting a deadly cancer.  I also never thought I would find a light to follow on the  path to NED on a message board. Man am I lucky I got to read her posts.

jag
                                                                                                                            Participant

Amy, you have, are, and will continue to be, an inspiration to me.  

God Bless you and your family.

John 

jag
                                                                                                                              Participant

Amy, you have, are, and will continue to be, an inspiration to me.  

God Bless you and your family.

John 

Viewing 57 reply threads
                                                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics