The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Amy Busby Update

Forums General Melanoma Community Amy Busby Update

Participant

Just got off the phone after a nice extended conversation with Amy and she is hanging well.  Between Fentanyl patches and oral meds for breakthrough, she is managing and living.  She was able to go to church yesterday with her family, but tires out after extended outings.

She was quite lucid and just like the Amy I know, but she is tired, tired, tired and still continues working the problem.  

Most of all, she is hanging in there as are her family.

A remarkable woman.

Charlie S

Just got off the phone after a nice extended conversation with Amy and she is hanging well.  Between Fentanyl patches and oral meds for breakthrough, she is managing and living.  She was able to go to church yesterday with her family, but tires out after extended outings.

She was quite lucid and just like the Amy I know, but she is tired, tired, tired and still continues working the problem.  

Most of all, she is hanging in there as are her family.

A remarkable woman.

Charlie S

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        patobs01
        Participant

Charlie,

Your words are very true – Amy is remarkable. I have never met her, but have followed her posts over the past year since I found this board and have been inspired by her determination. Hoping and praying for the best for her and her family.

Pat O. – IIIA

patobs01
          Participant

Charlie,

Your words are very true – Amy is remarkable. I have never met her, but have followed her posts over the past year since I found this board and have been inspired by her determination. Hoping and praying for the best for her and her family.

Pat O. – IIIA

CKasper
            Participant

I beieve Amy was on this board when I joined in 2006….I'm sorry to hear she took a turn for the worst and I'm happy to hear she is hanging in there.  The fentanyl patches really work well.

C

CKasper
              Participant

I beieve Amy was on this board when I joined in 2006….I'm sorry to hear she took a turn for the worst and I'm happy to hear she is hanging in there.  The fentanyl patches really work well.

C

jJackie W
                Participant

Thanks for the update.

Jackie W

jJackie W
                  Participant

Thanks for the update.

Jackie W

ValinMtl
                    Participant

Thanks Charlie.  You have it right, Amy is a remarkable woman and continues to be in my prayers.  Val

ValinMtl
                      Participant

Thanks Charlie.  You have it right, Amy is a remarkable woman and continues to be in my prayers.  Val

lhaley
                        Participant

Charlie,

Amy is a remarkable young woman.  I'm glad you are able to be such a great friend to her and Dennis now.  Thanks for keeping us updated!

Linda

lhaley
                          Participant

Charlie,

Amy is a remarkable young woman.  I'm glad you are able to be such a great friend to her and Dennis now.  Thanks for keeping us updated!

Linda

MaryD
                            Participant

Thanks for the update Charlie – Amy continues to amaze.  I've been on here for 9 years and remember Amy from the beginning  . ..always thought she had beat it.

Just happy she is living life every day  ..

Mary

MaryD
                              Participant

Thanks for the update Charlie – Amy continues to amaze.  I've been on here for 9 years and remember Amy from the beginning  . ..always thought she had beat it.

Just happy she is living life every day  ..

Mary

Sharyn
                                Participant

Thank you, Charlie, for being such a wonderful friend to Amy and Dennis in these trying times. Yes, remarkable is a good word to describe her, as is inpirational, strong, courageous, determined, and so many other superlatives. I think of her many times a day, and pray she is comfortable and at peace.

Warm hugs to Amy!

Sharyn, Stage IV

Sharyn
                                  Participant

Thank you, Charlie, for being such a wonderful friend to Amy and Dennis in these trying times. Yes, remarkable is a good word to describe her, as is inpirational, strong, courageous, determined, and so many other superlatives. I think of her many times a day, and pray she is comfortable and at peace.

Warm hugs to Amy!

Sharyn, Stage IV

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics