The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Amy Busby update-pray for her!

Forums General Melanoma Community Amy Busby update-pray for her!

Participant
      May the remainder of her journey be as peaceful and pain free as possible.

From her Facebook page 13 hours ago:

Hello everyone. It's Amy's sister, Julie. Quick update…Amy has taken a turn for the worse. The past two days have been pretty rough on her. We want to thank everyone for their continued prayers. Visits are still welcome please just call and schedule with Heather, myself, or Dennis first.

May the remainder of her journey be as peaceful and pain free as possible.

From her Facebook page 13 hours ago:

Hello everyone. It's Amy's sister, Julie. Quick update…Amy has taken a turn for the worse. The past two days have been pretty rough on her. We want to thank everyone for their continued prayers. Visits are still welcome please just call and schedule with Heather, myself, or Dennis first. We love you all.

Viewing 21 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

So sorry to hear this about Amy…You have been such a brave warrior.  Thinking of you Amy, praying for you as you and your family travel this journey.  Find the blue-jean quilt, put it close to your heart…sending you hugs and love.  Sherron.  Tomorrow Jim will have been gone for 5 months…Unbelieveable…time is very odd now…Dennis, and kids, be close and make some special memories.  My love to you all.

Take Care,

Sherron Clevenger, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
          Participant

So sorry to hear this about Amy…You have been such a brave warrior.  Thinking of you Amy, praying for you as you and your family travel this journey.  Find the blue-jean quilt, put it close to your heart…sending you hugs and love.  Sherron.  Tomorrow Jim will have been gone for 5 months…Unbelieveable…time is very odd now…Dennis, and kids, be close and make some special memories.  My love to you all.

Take Care,

Sherron Clevenger, wife to Jim FOREVER

nicoli
            Participant

I pray that you, Amy, will have a very peaceful, meaningful transition to your next life if this is your time. You have been an inspiration to me and so many others. May we all be half the warrior you are. May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His Face to shine upon you.

Nicki, Stage 3b, scalp

nicoli
              Participant

I pray that you, Amy, will have a very peaceful, meaningful transition to your next life if this is your time. You have been an inspiration to me and so many others. May we all be half the warrior you are. May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His Face to shine upon you.

Nicki, Stage 3b, scalp

Lori C
                Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.   Amy is a true hero.  May her family and friends be given great strength and comfort in this and may Amy be wrapped in love & comfort.

Lori

Lori C
                  Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.   Amy is a true hero.  May her family and friends be given great strength and comfort in this and may Amy be wrapped in love & comfort.

Lori

killmel
                      Participant

I am a born optimist & still hoping IPI might kick in for AMY! Could happen if we all have faith.

Prayers go out to Amy & her family.

Janet

killmel
                        Participant

I am a born optimist & still hoping IPI might kick in for AMY! Could happen if we all have faith.

Prayers go out to Amy & her family.

Janet

ValinMtl
                        Participant

Dearest Amy…in my prayers for a miracle.  God bless you. Val

ValinMtl
                          Participant

Dearest Amy…in my prayers for a miracle.  God bless you. Val

FormerCaregiver
                            Participant

I pray that God will give Amy strength and inner peace. May she be healed in body, mind and
                              spirit.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                              Participant

I pray that God will give Amy strength and inner peace. May she be healed in body, mind and
                                spirit.

Frank from Australia

mike_nj
                                Participant

Sorry to hear this.  Amy is in our prayers

mike_nj
                                  Participant

mike_nj
                                    Participant

mike_nj
                                      Participant

jag
                                        Participant

Amy peace be with you.

I will pray that your family has the strength to deal with this.

God Bless

John

jag
                                          Participant

Amy peace be with you.

I will pray that your family has the strength to deal with this.

God Bless

John

Tim–MRF

Thank you for the update.  I have thought a lot about Amy lately, and am so sorry to hear this news about her turn for the worse.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Thank you for the update.  I have thought a lot about Amy lately, and am so sorry to hear this news about her turn for the worse.

Tim–MRF

PSD
                                                Participant

Amy,

I am praying for you and your family!

Pam

PSD
                                                  Participant

Amy,

I am praying for you and your family!

Pam

JerryfromFauq
                                                    Participant

Amy is doing better this week, but cannot talk too much due to extreme dryness of her mouth and throat and her lowered energy level.  She is working with her pain meds to be in the best pain status possible. 

Please pray that the pharmacetical companies will stop changeing what they tell her and her Doctors.  Pray that they will allow her to participate in treatments that they have said yes to if she mets certain criteria and then when she mets that criteria, they say "oops,  we won't let her in the trreatments anyway". 

This wonderful, fighting young lady has had a good record of chosing trreatment that have helped her, if she is allowed to partake in their usage!

James from Sydney
                                                        Participant

Jerry, i spoke to a Melanoma Surgeon at a Forum the other day and asked him why late stage patients who still want to fight are not let into Trials and he said that most Pharmas are trying to get drugs approved so if they allow  patients who have very poor status into the Trials then their success rates are lower and they Pharmas may not get drug approval.

He  suggested Compassionate use may be a way for those who wish to continue treatment. I guess the Pharmas are not compelled to include these results in their Trials. Does it stink when one is fighting for their life, yes but there is little we can do about it until the Drugs get approved.

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                                                          Participant

Jerry, i spoke to a Melanoma Surgeon at a Forum the other day and asked him why late stage patients who still want to fight are not let into Trials and he said that most Pharmas are trying to get drugs approved so if they allow  patients who have very poor status into the Trials then their success rates are lower and they Pharmas may not get drug approval.

He  suggested Compassionate use may be a way for those who wish to continue treatment. I guess the Pharmas are not compelled to include these results in their Trials. Does it stink when one is fighting for their life, yes but there is little we can do about it until the Drugs get approved.

best wishes

James

JerryfromFauq
                                                          Participant

Amy is doing better this week, but cannot talk too much due to extreme dryness of her mouth and throat and her lowered energy level.  She is working with her pain meds to be in the best pain status possible. 

Please pray that the pharmacetical companies will stop changeing what they tell her and her Doctors.  Pray that they will allow her to participate in treatments that they have said yes to if she mets certain criteria and then when she mets that criteria, they say "oops,  we won't let her in the trreatments anyway". 

This wonderful, fighting young lady has had a good record of chosing trreatment that have helped her, if she is allowed to partake in their usage!

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics