The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Amelanotic melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Amelanotic melanoma

Participant

I was diagnosed(6/17/15) with Amelanotic melanoma on my left forearm.I have a Breslow thickness of at least 1.1 and at least a Clark's Level III.I will have a wide excision surgery on 7/13/15 with Sentinel node biopsy.Also I have Hemophilia Factor VIII so I'm a little more concerned about the surgery(I am definitely having the surgery!)and the potential wound issues.

My dermatologist said that she didn't have any major concerns when she biopsied the round eraser shaped/eraser colored growth on my arm(more of a cosmetic thing I guess)so it came as a pretty strong shock that it was melanoma!Thank God she did the biopsy.I guess until I know what stage I am I need to just chill…it's a little hard to relax right now.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jubes
        Participant

I had an amelanotic hutchinsons freckle removed from my arm in 2003. Next thing I knew I was stage 4 with mets in lung and chest nodes in 2014. Make sure you keep monitoring. I don't want to panic you but melanoma is a sneaky disease and I hope you have stopped it in its tracks. 

Jubes
          Participant

I had an amelanotic hutchinsons freckle removed from my arm in 2003. Next thing I knew I was stage 4 with mets in lung and chest nodes in 2014. Make sure you keep monitoring. I don't want to panic you but melanoma is a sneaky disease and I hope you have stopped it in its tracks. 

Jubes
            Participant

Colleen66
              Participant

Mine was Nodular Amelanotic Melanoma.  My Doc wasn't worried about it.  a few months later I had it removed because it was a neuscince and I kept whacking it and making it bleed.  4.5 Breslow.  I had a node come back positive.  Had surface nodes removed in groin.  Did HD Interferon.  I have been holding steady at Stage 3B and I'm 3 years out. 

Try not to panic too much.  Keep your mind occupied.  Try not to google.  And yes, I know, very hard to do πŸ™‚

Good luck, Colleen

Thumosity
                  Participant

Colleen I'm here because I will not Google.

Colleen66
                    Participant

So glad your here instead of google.  That's half the battle in the beginning of a diagnosis.  Bravo !  We are all here to help.  Welcome πŸ™‚

Colleen

Colleen66
                      Participant

So glad your here instead of google.  That's half the battle in the beginning of a diagnosis.  Bravo !  We are all here to help.  Welcome πŸ™‚

Colleen

Colleen66
                        Participant

Colleen

Squash
                          Participant

Why are you against google?

It is very important to be able to research your options.

I would encourage people to google to ensure that the advice they are getting is sound and that they are able to ask the right questions from their medical team.

Squash
                            Participant

I would encourage people to google to ensure that the advice they are getting is sound and that they are able to ask the right questions from their medical team.

Colleen66
                              Participant

The member has not had the WLE/SNB yet.  At this point in the diagnosis I believe that googling about Melanoma can encourage the mind to assume the worst.  This does not mean that upon having a firm diagnosis you should not be as well informed as possible.

Colleen

Colleen66
                                Participant

The member has not had the WLE/SNB yet.  At this point in the diagnosis I believe that googling about Melanoma can encourage the mind to assume the worst.  This does not mean that upon having a firm diagnosis you should not be as well informed as possible.

Colleen

Thumosity
                                  Participant

I will keep checking in and will post after my WLE/SNB and again after staging.All of the responses have helped…waiting sucks.

Bill

Thumosity
                                    Participant

I will keep checking in and will post after my WLE/SNB and again after staging.All of the responses have helped…waiting sucks.

Bill

Thumosity
                                      Participant

Bill

Colleen66
                                        Participant

Colleen

Squash
                                          Participant

Thumosity
                                            Participant

Thumosity
                                              Participant

Colleen66
                                              Participant

Mine was Nodular Amelanotic Melanoma.  My Doc wasn't worried about it.  a few months later I had it removed because it was a neuscince and I kept whacking it and making it bleed.  4.5 Breslow.  I had a node come back positive.  Had surface nodes removed in groin.  Did HD Interferon.  I have been holding steady at Stage 3B and I'm 3 years out. 

Try not to panic too much.  Keep your mind occupied.  Try not to google.  And yes, I know, very hard to do πŸ™‚

Good luck, Colleen

Colleen66
                                                Participant

Good luck, Colleen

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics