The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Allowed to stay on Roche braf study! Yahoo!

Forums General Melanoma Community Allowed to stay on Roche braf study! Yahoo!

The Roche study committee has decided to allow me to go back to the Brim -3 study after I finish with my WBR!  This is great news since the Braf was holding the chest tumors at bay.  I did progress to having 5 brain mets.  I have just finished with a third of the WBR and today I have woken up with more strong side effects, effecting my left side.  I slouch and trip.  Doc said the WBR would cause more swelling and the symptoms would increase for some time.  The steroids are drving me crazy with feeling like I've had WAY too much caffeine and hungry ALL the t

The Roche study committee has decided to allow me to go back to the Brim -3 study after I finish with my WBR!  This is great news since the Braf was holding the chest tumors at bay.  I did progress to having 5 brain mets.  I have just finished with a third of the WBR and today I have woken up with more strong side effects, effecting my left side.  I slouch and trip.  Doc said the WBR would cause more swelling and the symptoms would increase for some time.  The steroids are drving me crazy with feeling like I've had WAY too much caffeine and hungry ALL the time! 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      MichaelFL
      Participant

Glad you could stay on. Rest now. Get off the computer.

Michael

Vermont_Donna
          Participant
            Shelley,
            That is GREAT news. I am sure you feel good about this news. Please be careful and dont fall and hurt yourself. I know what you mean about the ravenous hunger and jittery-ness with steroids, but oh man did I love the energy boost!
            Hugs from Vermont…we are in “sugaring season”!
            Vermont_Donna, stage 3a
            Vermont_Donna
            Participant
              Shelley,
              That is GREAT news. I am sure you feel good about this news. Please be careful and dont fall and hurt yourself. I know what you mean about the ravenous hunger and jittery-ness with steroids, but oh man did I love the energy boost!
              Hugs from Vermont…we are in “sugaring season”!
              Vermont_Donna, stage 3a
            MichaelFL
            Participant

Glad you could stay on. Rest now. Get off the computer.

Michael

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics