The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

All American Stuffing Recipe

Forums General Melanoma Community All American Stuffing Recipe

Participant

Take your craving into the kitchen…
      WHITE CASTLE TURKEY STUFFING

Take your craving into the kitchen…
      WHITE CASTLE TURKEY STUFFING

10 White Castle hamburgers, no pickles
      1 1/2 cups celery, diced
      1 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
      1 1/2 tsp. ground sage
      3/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
      1/4 cup chicken broth

In a large mixing bowl, tear the burgers into pieces and add diced celery and seasonings. Toss and add chicken broth. Toss well. Stuff cavity of turkey just before roasting. Makes about 9 cups (enough for a 10- to 12-pound turkey). Note: Allow 1 hamburger for each pound of turkey, which will be the equivalent of 3/4 cup of stuffing per pound.

Submitted by White Castle Family of Columbus, Ohio

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        bcl
        Participant

my first thought was yeugh.. but I can see my uncle liking this as he puts hamburger meat in his stuffing (yeugh again:)  We use a little sausage meat, fresh parsley, onions, bread crumbs and spices -any extra stuffing (we always make extra) gets wrapped in bacon to make my mums famous bacon rolls.. yum! Hope you and Merry ( and everyone else here) have a great Thanksgiving!

bcl
          Participant

my first thought was yeugh.. but I can see my uncle liking this as he puts hamburger meat in his stuffing (yeugh again:)  We use a little sausage meat, fresh parsley, onions, bread crumbs and spices -any extra stuffing (we always make extra) gets wrapped in bacon to make my mums famous bacon rolls.. yum! Hope you and Merry ( and everyone else here) have a great Thanksgiving!

DonW
            Participant

I think it would be better with pickles.

DonW
              Participant

I think it would be better with pickles.

LV
                Participant

Ha! Pretty clever. But I only make cornbread dressing. I was in my  20s before I even knew there was any other kind.

LV
                  Participant

Ha! Pretty clever. But I only make cornbread dressing. I was in my  20s before I even knew there was any other kind.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics