The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Adjuvant therapy for stage 3b

Forums General Melanoma Community Adjuvant therapy for stage 3b

Participant

Hi all…I'm seeking some advice for adjuvant therapy after my latest diagnosis of an in transient metastasis. Luckily my scans were clear everywhere else so I went from a stage IIIa (which was my orginial diagnosis) to now a stage IIIb. It's been 7 years I was disease free and then it decided to rear its ugly head agsin! I recently had wide excision and now contemplating immunotherapy. So my question is to yervoy or not yervoy? 

any thoughts or experiences greatly appreciated! 

<3 Kim 

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

I did Yervoy in the adjuvant setting, I was diagnosed 3b a year ago. I did all the main doses and a couple of maintenance doses, with minimal side effects. Unfortunately it didn't work for me, and I am now 3c and doing Yervoy/Opdivo combo treatment. 

It's a personal choice, whether you feel you have to "do something" by doing treatment or if you're comfortable with watch and wait. Some people get freaked out about side effects.. I always say no one can predict what side effects they may or may not encounter since everyone's body reacts differently. There are also trials for adjuvant stage 3 using the more effective immunotherapy drugs, that could be something to look into as well.

Sorry you have to be back in the world of melanoma, but if it was going to come back, at least it's during a time of great advancements in treatment.

If you want to read more about my journey, side effects, etc check out my profile.

All the best,

jennunicorn
          Participant

I did Yervoy in the adjuvant setting, I was diagnosed 3b a year ago. I did all the main doses and a couple of maintenance doses, with minimal side effects. Unfortunately it didn't work for me, and I am now 3c and doing Yervoy/Opdivo combo treatment. 

It's a personal choice, whether you feel you have to "do something" by doing treatment or if you're comfortable with watch and wait. Some people get freaked out about side effects.. I always say no one can predict what side effects they may or may not encounter since everyone's body reacts differently. There are also trials for adjuvant stage 3 using the more effective immunotherapy drugs, that could be something to look into as well.

Sorry you have to be back in the world of melanoma, but if it was going to come back, at least it's during a time of great advancements in treatment.

If you want to read more about my journey, side effects, etc check out my profile.

All the best,

jennunicorn
            Participant

All the best,

gregor913
              Participant
                I did yervoy and tolerated it well. A year later i did just find out that i might have a recurrance. I saw a freckle on my wle that tested positive for melanoma. How did your intransient present. Mine just found was in situ. During my yervoy treatment i used probiotics and goats milk for the itching. The decision is up to you but at stage 3 theres not many drugs approved. A little more information on your reoccurance might be beneficial to post. Was it many? How deep was it? What did it look like? Glad your pet scan was clear.
                  Kimmie82
                  Participant

Thank you for your response. πŸ™‚ My reoccurrence was just up from my primary as an in situ…clear margins with surgery and no residual but did measure 2mm? How long was it between your primary and your reoccurrence? 

Kim 

Kimmie82
                    Participant

Thank you for your response. πŸ™‚ My reoccurrence was just up from my primary as an in situ…clear margins with surgery and no residual but did measure 2mm? How long was it between your primary and your reoccurrence? 

Kim 

Kimmie82
                      Participant

I forgot to post what it looked like. It looked like a blackhead. My onco told me he wouldn't of even of went to dr over it…crazy?! 

Kimmie82
                        Participant

I forgot to post what it looked like. It looked like a blackhead. My onco told me he wouldn't of even of went to dr over it…crazy?! 

Kimmie82
                          Participant

Kimmie82
                            Participant

Kim 

gregor913
                            Participant
                              I did yervoy and tolerated it well. A year later i did just find out that i might have a recurrance. I saw a freckle on my wle that tested positive for melanoma. How did your intransient present. Mine just found was in situ. During my yervoy treatment i used probiotics and goats milk for the itching. The decision is up to you but at stage 3 theres not many drugs approved. A little more information on your reoccurance might be beneficial to post. Was it many? How deep was it? What did it look like? Glad your pet scan was clear.
                              gregor913
                              Participant
                                SOLE
                                Participant

You might want to try this

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02656706

This is what I m looking at right now if I can get in

dmturner
                                    Participant

I did 3 10 mg Yervoy infusions and was scheduled to do the last one.  I had a reoccurence (satellite) close to the primary right before my 4th.  So stopped Yervoy.  Now we are looking to do Keytruda.  I have my 2nd PET scan on the 14th. 

Crazy they said NED and watch and wait and now saying Keytruda.

Best of luck!!  No looking back.

Donna

dmturner
                                      Participant

I did 3 10 mg Yervoy infusions and was scheduled to do the last one.  I had a reoccurence (satellite) close to the primary right before my 4th.  So stopped Yervoy.  Now we are looking to do Keytruda.  I have my 2nd PET scan on the 14th. 

Donna

dmturner
                                        Participant

Donna

Kimmie82
                                          Participant

Thank you for your response. How much time was their between your first primary and the satellite reoccurrence? 

Best of luck with Keytruda! Look at Jimmy Carter! πŸ˜‰ 

Kim 

Kimmie82
                                            Participant

Thank you for your response. How much time was their between your first primary and the satellite reoccurrence? 

Kim 

Kimmie82
                                              Participant

Kim 

SOLE
                                              Participant

SOLE
                                                Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics