The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ADJUVANT STAGE 3 NEWS! ESMO SPAIN 2017

Forums General Melanoma Community ADJUVANT STAGE 3 NEWS! ESMO SPAIN 2017

• Replies
      ed williams
      Participant

Good luck Sole, if you use Ipi/Nivo for stage 4 as an example in Canada you might be waiting 2 or 3 years for approval but not $$$ paid for!!!! Clinical trials are still the best way to get access in Canada from my experience. Best Wishes!!!Ed 

SOLE
          Participant

I wish I could get into ANY trial Ed. Unfortunately, my low genetic platelet condition prevents me from being able to!

MovingOn
          Participant

This may actually be the reason we've heard of patients getting even higher prices for Ipilimumab recently. If Nivo fully replaces Ipi then Bristol Myers will probably try to get as much as they can for the short remaining lifetime of Ipi.

MovingOn
              Participant

Even though both drugs are from Bristol Myers.

geriakt
              Participant

I am a patient on this study. I believe I was given NIVO. Still going strong 2 years NED stage 3B.

Tom 

SOLE
                  Participant

Still on Nivo? I guess not. You got a full year of it, right?

geriakt
                    Participant

I have been done just about one year now. Yes I had 34 infusions. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics