The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

A bit embarassing post but i thought i would ask anyway

Forums General Melanoma Community A bit embarassing post but i thought i would ask anyway

Participant

I had 10 moles removed from my body, including 2 atypical.  No personal or family history of melanoma and less than 10 moles left on my body.  But , this is embarassing part, i have 1mm small brown spot on a skin of my penile shaft.  Its flat, has sharp clear margins, one color, but sometimes its very hard to tell whether it has perfect symmetry due to obvious skin elasticity.  I never seen it really get change, but my quesiton is, is it possible to get melanomas down there (i'm 32 years old)?  Or dysplastic nevi?

I had 10 moles removed from my body, including 2 atypical.  No personal or family history of melanoma and less than 10 moles left on my body.  But , this is embarassing part, i have 1mm small brown spot on a skin of my penile shaft.  Its flat, has sharp clear margins, one color, but sometimes its very hard to tell whether it has perfect symmetry due to obvious skin elasticity.  I never seen it really get change, but my quesiton is, is it possible to get melanomas down there (i'm 32 years old)?  Or dysplastic nevi?

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

melanoma can go anywhere.  However the key is change.  If there is no change with the mole I would watch for awhile. 

lhaley
          Participant

melanoma can go anywhere.  However the key is change.  If there is no change with the mole I would watch for awhile. 

lhaley
            Participant

Janner
              Participant

It's possible, but not likely.  You don't have many moles or a family history of melanoma.  Chances are you'll never have it.   Symmetry alone isn't really much of a warning sign for melanoma.  CHANGE is more important.  1mm is very small for a melanoma as well.  I've had 3 melanomas and for me, change was the one telling factor.  I use photos so I have a baseline to compare against.  But truthfully, it sounds like you might be overly worried about nothing.  It's good you know about melanoma and the warning signs, but don't imagine problems where they don't exist.  My changes became OBVIOUS over time and they were still very early.  Just do a monthly exam as everyone should and visit your derm on a yearly basis.  Be vigilant, not paranoid. 

Best wishes,

Janner

Janner
                Participant

It's possible, but not likely.  You don't have many moles or a family history of melanoma.  Chances are you'll never have it.   Symmetry alone isn't really much of a warning sign for melanoma.  CHANGE is more important.  1mm is very small for a melanoma as well.  I've had 3 melanomas and for me, change was the one telling factor.  I use photos so I have a baseline to compare against.  But truthfully, it sounds like you might be overly worried about nothing.  It's good you know about melanoma and the warning signs, but don't imagine problems where they don't exist.  My changes became OBVIOUS over time and they were still very early.  Just do a monthly exam as everyone should and visit your derm on a yearly basis.  Be vigilant, not paranoid. 

Best wishes,

Janner

Janner
                  Participant

Best wishes,

Janner

dian in spokane
                    Participant

the only thing I would add to what Janner has already said is, don't be embarrassed to show that spot to your derm at your next visit.

dian in spokane
                      Participant

the only thing I would add to what Janner has already said is, don't be embarrassed to show that spot to your derm at your next visit.

dian in spokane
                        Participant

debbieVA
                          Participant

Vladmir…

Best to check this checked out ASAP as any pigmentation on the penis, souls of feet and palms of hands is not normal and needs to biopsied.  

Wishing you the best.  And…no need to be embarrassed we all have private parts.  

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
                            Participant

Vladmir…

Best to check this checked out ASAP as any pigmentation on the penis, souls of feet and palms of hands is not normal and needs to biopsied.  

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
                              Participant

Vladmir…

Debbie Stage 4 NED

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics