The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

6 Months in the Trenches: Thanks MPIP

Forums General Melanoma Community 6 Months in the Trenches: Thanks MPIP

Participant

So today marks 6 months since getting diagnosed with stage IV mel for me. The disease was very widespread when we found it, but I've had no bulky tumors as of yet. I've had a good response to treatment (PD1, XRT, femoral nail), and can only hope that continues. I'm still learning how to deal with docs (my opinion: good brains, good hearts, crappy systemic incentives), and am getting better at the emotional roller coaster so many of us are dealing with. But enough about me:

This board is chock full of compassionate, smart people who are tough as nails. There's real wisdom on here too — wisdome of the kind most medical experts just can't offer. I'm not very active in posting on here, but following along with all of you has incredibly important to my own mel experience, which would otherwise be a much lonelier one. Thank you all so much for sharing your trials (clinical and otherwise), tribulations, and triumphs. 

Much love, and much hope sent your way. I hope I can contribute more in the future.

"There is no love of life without despair of life."   

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        snow white
        Participant

Such a great post!  This board has been a life saver for me.  I don't know what I would do without it.  I completely agree with all of your sentiments and wish you well in the future.

Jen

cavsnut
            Participant

This board has been a lifesaver for all of us. God bless you in your arduous battle, you're in my thoughts and prayers…

Craig

cavsnut
              Participant

This board has been a lifesaver for all of us. God bless you in your arduous battle, you're in my thoughts and prayers…

Craig

cavsnut
                Participant

Craig

snow white
                Participant

Such a great post!  This board has been a life saver for me.  I don't know what I would do without it.  I completely agree with all of your sentiments and wish you well in the future.

Jen

snow white
                  Participant

Jen

Jahendry12
                    Participant

Great post…..and I agree. I don't post that much, but I do come here to pray and send strength to people. This site is full of valuable information as well as caring, compassionate people.

thank you to all who contribute to this site. 

Jahendry12
                      Participant

Great post…..and I agree. I don't post that much, but I do come here to pray and send strength to people. This site is full of valuable information as well as caring, compassionate people.

Jahendry12
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics