The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

5 years NED with IL-2 & VATS

Forums General Melanoma Community 5 years NED with IL-2 & VATS

Participant

Just wanted to let everyone know.  IL-2 is "old" but for those who respond, there is a chance to die from old age instead of mel.  I am one of those people cool

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Congrats Kim!  Nothing wrong with "old" if it works. 

BrianP
          Participant

BrianP
            Participant

arthurjedi007
              Participant

That's wonderful Kim.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                Participant

That's wonderful Kim.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

That's wonderful Kim.

Artie

Fen
                    Participant

So glad to hear you're doing well, Kim.  Thanks for the update.

Fen
                      Participant

Fen
                        Participant

Mom2Addy
                          Participant

Thank you Kim! It's still on the table for my husband. We meet with our Mel Oncologist tomorrow. 

Mom2Addy
                            Participant

Thank you Kim! It's still on the table for my husband. We meet with our Mel Oncologist tomorrow. 

Mom2Addy
                              Participant

JoshF
                                Participant

Oh yeah!!! 

Josh

JoshF
                                  Participant

Oh yeah!!! 

Josh

JoshF
                                    Participant

Oh yeah!!! 

Josh

Rick from NC
                                      Participant

Hi, Kim K, I'm happy to be in that club as well.  NED since 1992 after IL-2 at NIH.  I was 36 then; now I'm about to turn 60.

Rick

Rick from NC
                                        Participant

Hi, Kim K, I'm happy to be in that club as well.  NED since 1992 after IL-2 at NIH.  I was 36 then; now I'm about to turn 60.

Rick

Kim K
                                            Participant

So you are the dot at the far right of the survival tail for IL-2!  Great to hear.  It is because of data that you helped to create that I sleep better after passing the 30 month mark without a recurrance.  I am sort of haning my hat on the longterm study of durable remissions.  Awesome!

Kim K
                                              Participant

So you are the dot at the far right of the survival tail for IL-2!  Great to hear.  It is because of data that you helped to create that I sleep better after passing the 30 month mark without a recurrance.  I am sort of haning my hat on the longterm study of durable remissions.  Awesome!

Rick from NC
                                                Participant

It took a while before I stopped worrying about a recurrence, but I haven't had that concern in quite some time.  Meanwhile, I had my first squamous cell carcinoma last year, and my first Mohs surgery for BCC last week.  I can deal with those!  Best wishes.

Rick from NC
                                                  Participant

It took a while before I stopped worrying about a recurrence, but I haven't had that concern in quite some time.  Meanwhile, I had my first squamous cell carcinoma last year, and my first Mohs surgery for BCC last week.  I can deal with those!  Best wishes.

Rick from NC
                                                    Participant

Kim K
                                                      Participant

Rick from NC
                                                      Participant

Rick

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics