The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

3 years NED!

Forums Caregiver Community 3 years NED!

Participant

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

My recent scan two weeks ago came back negative!! Three years ago on 11/1 I had an LND to the right axillary and I've been NED since. I give thanks and praise to God. Miracles are happening every day. I thank so many of you for your guidance, knowledge and support. You are the wind beneath my wings. I thank my wonderful medical team, for their caring, expertise and passion to help others. I don't know where I'd be without my dear wife who loves me through the good times and the rough times. Our 2 children are such a special blessing and they keep me going. My prayers go out to all warriors, caregivers and loved ones.

God Bless to all,

Jim M.

Stage 3C

LND (unknown primary)

radiation 6 weeks

Ipilimumab and peptide vaccines: 3/08-10/08

Loading spinner
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Replies
      Wendi Lynn
      Participant

Congratulations Jim!   It's always wonderful to hear great news like this!

Wendi

Loading spinner
      Wendi Lynn
      Participant

Congratulations Jim!   It's always wonderful to hear great news like this!

Wendi

Loading spinner
      ValinMtl
      Participant

Dear Jim,  I always get so excited when I hear wonderful news. In particular this time, because of the guidance you gave me at an earlier stage.  While I believe ipi most likely had a strong impact on your NED, I just want to let you know that a young friend had an unknown primary near his neck over 10 years ago and he's still going strong, living and loving!! God bless you and yours….and here' s to forever NED.  Val xx (currently on compassionate ipi)

Loading spinner
        ValinMtl
        Participant

P.S. I meant surgery was on his neck…but the primary was unknown.

Loading spinner
        ValinMtl
        Participant

P.S. I meant surgery was on his neck…but the primary was unknown.

Loading spinner
      ValinMtl
      Participant

Dear Jim,  I always get so excited when I hear wonderful news. In particular this time, because of the guidance you gave me at an earlier stage.  While I believe ipi most likely had a strong impact on your NED, I just want to let you know that a young friend had an unknown primary near his neck over 10 years ago and he's still going strong, living and loving!! God bless you and yours….and here' s to forever NED.  Val xx (currently on compassionate ipi)

Loading spinner
      Valentine
      Participant

Congratulations!  I love hearing these stories.  Always gives me hope.

Loading spinner
      Valentine
      Participant

Congratulations!  I love hearing these stories.  Always gives me hope.

Loading spinner
      Jim in Denver
      Participant

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your post – there are many encouraging stories here, and yours is wonderful to know.  Your gratitude and faith are inspiring and heartfelt.  May you have many more years ahead!

Best,

Jim

Loading spinner
      Jim in Denver
      Participant

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your post – there are many encouraging stories here, and yours is wonderful to know.  Your gratitude and faith are inspiring and heartfelt.  May you have many more years ahead!

Best,

Jim

Loading spinner
      BethA in VA
      Participant

Three years!!  YEA…what a wonderful celebration.  Thanks for sharing.  Beth

Loading spinner
      BethA in VA
      Participant

Three years!!  YEA…what a wonderful celebration.  Thanks for sharing.  Beth

Loading spinner
      JuleFL
      Participant
      So glad to hear this! Keep enjoying life!!

Jule

Loading spinner
      JuleFL
      Participant
      So glad to hear this! Keep enjoying life!!

Jule

Loading spinner
      MichaelFL
      Participant

Another congratulations to you Jim! Enjoy it!

My best to you,

Michael

Loading spinner
      MichaelFL
      Participant

Another congratulations to you Jim! Enjoy it!

My best to you,

Michael

Loading spinner
      King
      Participant

Jim,

Congratulations!!!  I am so happy to hear this.  What is your scan schedule now?  Wow…3 years and not one recurrence.  I am very happy for you.  Celebrate big.

Stay Strong
      King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Loading spinner
        Jim M.
        Participant

Hi Kathie,

I finally graduated to go every 6 months!

Take care,

Jim M.

Loading spinner
        Jim M.
        Participant

Hi Kathie,

I finally graduated to go every 6 months!

Take care,

Jim M.

Loading spinner
      King
      Participant

Jim,

Congratulations!!!  I am so happy to hear this.  What is your scan schedule now?  Wow…3 years and not one recurrence.  I am very happy for you.  Celebrate big.

Stay Strong
      King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Loading spinner
      lhaley
      Participant

Jim,

Always in the mood to hear good news!! 

Yahoo!  Linda

Loading spinner
      lhaley
      Participant

Jim,

Always in the mood to hear good news!! 

Yahoo!  Linda

Loading spinner
      SandraDee
      Participant

Jim:

Praise God!  You are an amazing person who deserves only the best in life.  Congrats to you, Jim.  Meeting you last May was such a huge blessing to me.  Your smile is contagious and your spirit is amazing.  So thrilled for you!  Take good care, until we meet again……

Sandy – Buffalo

Loading spinner
      SandraDee
      Participant

Jim:

Praise God!  You are an amazing person who deserves only the best in life.  Congrats to you, Jim.  Meeting you last May was such a huge blessing to me.  Your smile is contagious and your spirit is amazing.  So thrilled for you!  Take good care, until we meet again……

Sandy – Buffalo

Loading spinner
      Brandi
      Participant

That's wonderful news! Congratulations!

Loading spinner
      Brandi
      Participant

That's wonderful news! Congratulations!

Loading spinner
      MaryD
      Participant

Way to go Jim – that's fantastic news  – I'm so happy for you!!   Keep enjoying life as an NED warrior and wishing you many blessings . .

Mary

Loading spinner
      MaryD
      Participant

Way to go Jim – that's fantastic news  – I'm so happy for you!!   Keep enjoying life as an NED warrior and wishing you many blessings . .

Mary

Loading spinner
Viewing 23 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.