The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

3 years NED

Forums General Melanoma Community 3 years NED

Participant

Hi

I don't post often but read these boards daily. As a recap, my son Ben was dx with MM in June 2009, right before his 21st birthday. It was very rare oral melanoma (tongue) that had spread to one lymph node. 2 surgeries and one year of interferon.

Hi

I don't post often but read these boards daily. As a recap, my son Ben was dx with MM in June 2009, right before his 21st birthday. It was very rare oral melanoma (tongue) that had spread to one lymph node. 2 surgeries and one year of interferon.

He had been getting scans every 6 month and was due for one in january. But he was planning a 3 month trip to Europe ( your typical euro-rail pass-backpack-youth hostel trip with a buddy) and I think he was afraid they would find something on the scan and he wouldn't be able to go, so he asked the doctor to put it off till he got back. So, my scanxiety was even higher since it had been almost  year since his last one.

Just got the rresults, still NED..feeling very blessed!

Keep fighting everyone

Becky

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        LibbyinVA
        Participant
          Congrats to you and your son! NED are the best letters in the whole alphabet!
          LibbyinVA
          Participant
            LibbyinVA
            Participant
              aldakota22
              Participant

Thank God that he is NED. Always something special to hear such good news.All the best to you both.

aldakota22
                Participant

Thank God that he is NED. Always something special to hear such good news.All the best to you both.

aldakota22
                  Participant

EmilyandMike
                    Participant

Great news!  My husband was diagnosed in late July 2009 and he is also NED (stage 3a)…I hope we get the same amazing news when he gets his scans next month.

EmilyandMike
                      Participant

Great news!  My husband was diagnosed in late July 2009 and he is also NED (stage 3a)…I hope we get the same amazing news when he gets his scans next month.

EmilyandMike
                        Participant

Phil S
                          Participant
                            Becky, Fantastic news, so happy for Ben! Hope he had a wonderful trip to Europe, and gets to do a lot more exploring in the coming years! Now, you can relax and enjoy your summer, nothing better than good news about your children’s health! God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                            Phil S
                            Participant
                              Becky, Fantastic news, so happy for Ben! Hope he had a wonderful trip to Europe, and gets to do a lot more exploring in the coming years! Now, you can relax and enjoy your summer, nothing better than good news about your children’s health! God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                              Phil S
                              Participant
                                jackiewin
                                Participant

Becky, I'm so happy for you and Ben.  I'm wishing a lifetime of NED for him.

Jackie W

jackiewin
                                  Participant

Jackie W

jackiewin
                                    Participant

Jackie W

lhaley
                                      Participant

I'm so happy for you and Ben!  I hope that he is done with mel and enjoying his future.

Linda

lhaley
                                        Participant

I'm so happy for you and Ben!  I hope that he is done with mel and enjoying his future.

Linda

lhaley
                                          Participant

Linda

Janner
                                            Participant

Yahooooo!  Shouting HI to you and Ben.  Miss the old chat room days with you.

Janner

Janner
                                              Participant

Janner

Janner
                                                Participant

Janner

TSchulz
                                                  Participant

Big Congrats to you all.  Good job going to Europe first – keep on living!  

TSchulz
                                                    Participant

NYKaren
                                                        Participant

Fantastic news; music to a mother's ears!  Wishing Ben a long lifetime of NED!

all the best,

karen

NYKaren
                                                          Participant

all the best,

karen

NYKaren
                                                            Participant

all the best,

karen

TSchulz
                                                            Participant

DonW
                                                              Participant

Hi, Becky! Great news and I'm sure this will make your summer.

DonW
                                                                Participant

DonW
                                                                  Participant

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics