The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

3 months BRAF = GREAT scans

Forums General Melanoma Community 3 months BRAF = GREAT scans

Participant

Hi y'all,

I know many are struggling on the board right now, and I pray for each of you whether patient, family or friend. 

That being said, on to some good news. We all need to hear the good, along with the bad when we are terrified or feel hopeless. 

Got my scan results today. My lungs which previously had "innumerable" nodules (looked like someone blew baby powder on the image!) are all almost resolved! Fluid is gone from right lung, left lung is virtually clear except for a very small amount of fluid. 

Hi y'all,

I know many are struggling on the board right now, and I pray for each of you whether patient, family or friend. 

That being said, on to some good news. We all need to hear the good, along with the bad when we are terrified or feel hopeless. 

Got my scan results today. My lungs which previously had "innumerable" nodules (looked like someone blew baby powder on the image!) are all almost resolved! Fluid is gone from right lung, left lung is virtually clear except for a very small amount of fluid. 

My neck is down by over half, or more, on the different measurements. My surgical oncologists jaw dropped, all he could say was "WOW". EKG and labs, all normal. 

So, do not give up hope. Every  treatment is not going to work for everyone, but keep trying, trust in God and I lift you all also in prayer.

TracyLee Stage IV May 2011

Viewing 53 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

So excited for you!  It's always nice to hear good news.

Linda

TracyLee
            Participant

Linda,

I know you've been through the wringer. Sometimes I feel hesitant about posting a happy post, but feel we all need to see the good, not just the bad.

Praying for you, and glad you've been able to wean down on the steroids!

TracyLee

TracyLee
              Participant

Linda,

I know you've been through the wringer. Sometimes I feel hesitant about posting a happy post, but feel we all need to see the good, not just the bad.

TracyLee

TracyLee
                Participant

Linda,

TracyLee

lhaley
                Participant

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Linda

glewis923
                    Participant

I'm very happy for you TracyLee.  I must admit i feel "guilty" at times about my own successes;  and even worse angry or jealous when someone is stressing over stage 1 or 2!  I know i'm wrong to feel that way, but being honest helps.  I learn much about humility and gratefulness from you and others.  Thank you…..and i AM happy about your scan results.  My lung issues-mutiple- were also mostly gone on last scan- i attribute yervoy, 1 mth. Zelboraf, and God- not nessesarily in that order.

Take Care,  Grady.

glewis923
                      Participant

I'm very happy for you TracyLee.  I must admit i feel "guilty" at times about my own successes;  and even worse angry or jealous when someone is stressing over stage 1 or 2!  I know i'm wrong to feel that way, but being honest helps.  I learn much about humility and gratefulness from you and others.  Thank you…..and i AM happy about your scan results.  My lung issues-mutiple- were also mostly gone on last scan- i attribute yervoy, 1 mth. Zelboraf, and God- not nessesarily in that order.

Take Care,  Grady.

TracyLee
                          Participant

Grady,

They all feel I didn't respond to ipi. God is the healer, guiding the doctors. Zelboraf is my drug of choice, for now! We all know that could change. I was happy to celebrate another birthday. Truly do NOT take the little things for granted anymore, and actually try to enjoy the daily stuff most take for granted.

Lung mets are awful, I wouldn't wish THAT on my worst enemy. I felt like I was drowning, but not now!

TracyLee

TracyLee
                            Participant

Grady,

They all feel I didn't respond to ipi. God is the healer, guiding the doctors. Zelboraf is my drug of choice, for now! We all know that could change. I was happy to celebrate another birthday. Truly do NOT take the little things for granted anymore, and actually try to enjoy the daily stuff most take for granted.

Lung mets are awful, I wouldn't wish THAT on my worst enemy. I felt like I was drowning, but not now!

TracyLee

TracyLee
                              Participant

Grady,

TracyLee

glewis923
                              Participant

Take Care,  Grady.

Rocco
                                Participant

TracyLee –

Such great news!  Congrats on the good results!

-Rocco, Stage IV, ipi responder

Rocco
                                  Participant

TracyLee –

Rocco
                                    Participant

TracyLee –

cwu
                                      Participant

Congrats Tracy. I have been following your postings and know you had some rough times so I am very happy this treatment is working and you had clear scans.

Chau

cwu
                                        Participant

Congrats Tracy. I have been following your postings and know you had some rough times so I am very happy this treatment is working and you had clear scans.

Chau

Karin L
                                            Participant

Super good news Tracy, congrats!  Praise to our Lord for hearing our prayers!

Karin

Karin L
                                              Participant

Karin

Karin L
                                                Participant

Karin

cwu
                                                Participant

Chau

washoegal
                                                  Participant

WOW – congratulations.  Hard work, prayers and perseverance has finally paid off.  Keep up the good work.

BTW what BRAF inhibitor are you on?

washoegal
                                                    Participant

WOW – congratulations.  Hard work, prayers and perseverance has finally paid off.  Keep up the good work.

washoegal
                                                      Participant

FormerCaregiver
                                                        Participant

TracyLee, this is truly wonderful news! Praying that you are now able to achieve a durable remission.

I also pray for all those who are struggling with melanoma, and encourage everyone to do the same.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                          Participant

TracyLee, this is truly wonderful news! Praying that you are now able to achieve a durable remission.

I also pray for all those who are struggling with melanoma, and encourage everyone to do the same.

Take care

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                            Participant

Take care

Frank from Australia

deardad
                                                                Participant

Hi TracyLee,

That's truly wonderful news…..Enjoy while the sun shines (should I say the shade on this drug).

My dad had a complete response in the first month and due for 2nd month scan tomorrow. Hope you too are a complete responder!

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                  Participant

Hi TracyLee,

That's truly wonderful news…..Enjoy while the sun shines (should I say the shade on this drug).

My dad had a complete response in the first month and due for 2nd month scan tomorrow. Hope you too are a complete responder!

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                    Participant

Hi TracyLee,

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

MaryD
                                                                    Participant

That's fantastic news TracyLee – so happy for you!    You have been through a lot and encouraging news like this needs to be shared.

Wishing you continued success and hope you celebrate these wonderful results . .

Mary

MaryD
                                                                      Participant

That's fantastic news TracyLee – so happy for you!    You have been through a lot and encouraging news like this needs to be shared.

Wishing you continued success and hope you celebrate these wonderful results . .

Mary

MaryD
                                                                        Participant

Mary

momof2kids
                                                                          Participant

Very happy to see all the shrinkage, etc.  Always good news for those out there to see that happen!

momof2kids
                                                                            Participant

Very happy to see all the shrinkage, etc.  Always good news for those out there to see that happen!

momof2kids
                                                                              Participant

mombase
                                                                                Participant

Tracy Lee, You rock, and so does God!!! Congratulations!

Cristy, Stage IV

o2bcheri
                                                                                    Participant

yayyy,,,, so happy to hear the good news Tracy….

xxx

o2bcheri
                                                                                      Participant

xxx

o2bcheri
                                                                                        Participant

xxx

mombase
                                                                                        Participant

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                                                                                          Participant

Cristy, Stage IV

triciad
                                                                                            Participant

TracyLee,

This is wonderful news…thanks for sharing.  I pray that your success continues for decades!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                              Participant

TracyLee,

This is wonderful news…thanks for sharing.  I pray that your success continues for decades!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                                Participant

TracyLee,

Tricia

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                    Participant

HOOORAY!!  You must feel so much better without that fluids, and the tumors in your lungs.  Congratulations on such a great response.  We all have learned to enjoy each day, especially the days we feel GOOD!!! yeah!   I wish/pray for contiued shrinkage.  Thank you for posting

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                      Participant

HOOORAY!!  You must feel so much better without that fluids, and the tumors in your lungs.  Congratulations on such a great response.  We all have learned to enjoy each day, especially the days we feel GOOD!!! yeah!   I wish/pray for contiued shrinkage.  Thank you for posting

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                                                                        Participant

laurie from maine

Richard_K
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          TracyLee
                                                                                                          Great job and congratulations. I hope you have continued and long term benefit from Zelboraf.
                                                                                                          Dick
                                                                                                          Richard_K
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            TracyLee
                                                                                                            Great job and congratulations. I hope you have continued and long term benefit from Zelboraf.
                                                                                                            Dick
                                                                                                            Richard_K
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                              TracyLee
                                                                                                              Dick
                                                                                                              Gene_S
                                                                                                              Participant

Wow TracyLee that is great news.  Keep up the good work with your new friend Zel. and continue into NED.  I pray for you everyday as well as others on the board to beat this nasty Mel.

Judy (loving wife and caregiver of Gene)

Gene_S
                                                                                                                Participant

Wow TracyLee that is great news.  Keep up the good work with your new friend Zel. and continue into NED.  I pray for you everyday as well as others on the board to beat this nasty Mel.

Gene_S
                                                                                                                  Participant

o2bcheri
                                                                                                                    Participant

tracy…

this is GREAT news… and so screwed up that you need to feel anything but total elation and excitement that finally

something is working on your mel…. 

i do not have any disease.. i am here for my best friend who has it.. and i want to keep up with anything and everything that he might at some point need.. right now he is NED..thank god..

i watch.. i read.. and care so much about each and every one of you.. i seem to remember not too long ago.. when you were having a rather rough time..

so… to hear this fabulous news puts a big smile on my face…

YAYYYYYY….. 

Michele

o2bcheri
                                                                                                                      Participant

tracy…

this is GREAT news… and so screwed up that you need to feel anything but total elation and excitement that finally

i do not have any disease.. i am here for my best friend who has it.. and i want to keep up with anything and everything that he might at some point need.. right now he is NED..thank god..

i watch.. i read.. and care so much about each and every one of you.. i seem to remember not too long ago.. when you were having a rather rough time..

YAYYYYYY….. 

Michele

o2bcheri
                                                                                                                        Participant

tracy…

YAYYYYYY….. 

Michele

Carol Taylor
                                                                                                                          Participant

Hallelujah Fearless Leader! I am so happy for you I can hardly stand it! Keep the great news coming and celebrate.

Carol Taylor
                                                                                                                            Participant

Hallelujah Fearless Leader! I am so happy for you I can hardly stand it! Keep the great news coming and celebrate.

Carol Taylor
                                                                                                                              Participant

NYKaren
                                                                                                                                  Participant

FANTASTIC news.  I'm so happy for you!  You've been through so much.  Hurray!

NYKaren
                                                                                                                                    Participant

NYKaren
                                                                                                                                      Participant

vickykay
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Praise the Lord!!!  I am so happy for you. It is so good to hear good news.

Vickykay

Stage 3b

vickykay
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Vickykay

Stage 3b

vickykay
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Vickykay

Stage 3b

Lauri England
                                                                                                                                            Participant

I am so excited for you.  How wonderful good news can be.  Thank you for sharing and God Bless!!

Lauri England
                                                                                                                                              Participant

I am so excited for you.  How wonderful good news can be.  Thank you for sharing and God Bless!!

Lauri England
                                                                                                                                                Participant

LynnLuc
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

It's great news!! YAY!!!

deardad
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

It blows me away how supportive everyone on this board is.

You're all amazing….

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

You're all amazing….

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

You're all amazing….

Nahmi from Melbourne

LynnLuc
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

It's great news!! YAY!!!

LynnLuc
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

It's great news!! YAY!!!

lyndaloo
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Wow TracyLee – I was amazed at your results.  I am so happy for you. I remember reading how you are a working mom with teenagers and dealing with this disease at the same time.  Your encouraging words will hold strong as my husband starts ipi next week.  Way to go!!!!

Lyndaloo

lyndaloo
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Wow TracyLee – I was amazed at your results.  I am so happy for you. I remember reading how you are a working mom with teenagers and dealing with this disease at the same time.  Your encouraging words will hold strong as my husband starts ipi next week.  Way to go!!!!

Lyndaloo

lyndaloo
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Lyndaloo

Vermont_Donna
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Dear TracyLee,

I am so happy for you and so excited that the BRAF drug is working. I feel that with many people, one treatment that initially looks good for us buys time for us to then try another treatment and so on….that is how I have lived the last 5 years, a succession of treatments that buys me periods of NED time. And has kept me still stage 3a. This is similar for what you are going through. Well we all have hope that the treatment we are doing currently is THE one to render us NED forever, so we need to have hope always.

Thanks for your uplifting news and sharing the ups and downs with us, your melanoma family.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Vermont_Donna
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Dear TracyLee,

I am so happy for you and so excited that the BRAF drug is working. I feel that with many people, one treatment that initially looks good for us buys time for us to then try another treatment and so on….that is how I have lived the last 5 years, a succession of treatments that buys me periods of NED time. And has kept me still stage 3a. This is similar for what you are going through. Well we all have hope that the treatment we are doing currently is THE one to render us NED forever, so we need to have hope always.

Thanks for your uplifting news and sharing the ups and downs with us, your melanoma family.

Vermont_Donna
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Dear TracyLee,

Viewing 53 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics